Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Problem is that all current data from Hackintool are fake. Similar to Framebuffer memory Hackintool shows not reliable informations for unknown reason. I checked my config with Xcode and last line is dummy ffff. That is what I wanted to report that there is a bug in Hackintool.
What do you mean by "all current data from Hackintool are fake"? What do you mean by "last line is dummy ffff"?

Use Patch->Auto Detect Changes so when you export your patch it only patches values you've changed from the defaults. PS The value of 0xffffffff is the same as -1.

I mean that when I open Hackintool and set Framebuffer to Mojave, the program should read data from my IOreg. In fact stolen memory data are different as well as connectors data. This happens with and without apply patch.

What are your settings in ioreg? Do you have framebuffer-portcount set by any chance? If you do then the Patch->Apply Current Patches will apply this to your connectors. So if you have it set to 2 it will disable connectors 2 and 3. If a connector is disabled it won't show your monitor connected to this port.

Unfortunately I think Patch->Apply Current Patches setting is confusing a lot of people.
You are absolutely right -- PortCount was set to 2 while helping someone a few days ago! I must be getting burned out...shouldn't have missed that. :O

I mean that when I open Hackintool and set Framebuffer to Mojave, the program should read data from my IOreg. In fact stolen memory data are different as well as connectors data. This happens with and without apply patch.
Please uncheck Port Count and see if Connectors look correct.
Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 3.12.59 AM.png
As for video memory, look for Unified Memory Size instead of Stolen Mem.

When unchecked is wrong reading , but when checked 3 looks OK I assume.

Attachments

• unchecked.png
    unchecked.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 101
  • checked 3.png
    checked 3.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 111

Hello, dear!
I'm so sorry, our messages was deleted.
Please remind your last answer.
I asked about bus-id for 9600k z390, you talked about indixes 1-2-3, 2-1-3, 3-1-2 for 0x01 and hdmi, the rest indixes are dummies.

It was important that you mentioned the patch in the clover, but I forgot that it was specifically there and I can not test it (

For each combination in the hackintool, should I create a new patch and reboot? or just create a new patch, insert it into the config and open hackintool again to check red row?
Of course, I carefully read the topic, it says not to reboot, but I really did not have time to remember your last answer :(

Sincerely, I am already very grateful for your help.

Hello, dear!
I'm so sorry, our messages was deleted.
Please remind your last answer.
I asked about bus-id for 9600k z390, you talked about indixes 1-2-3, 2-1-3, 3-1-2 for 0x01 and hdmi, the rest indixes are dummies.

It was important that you mentioned the patch in the clover, but I forgot that it was specifically there and I can not test it (

For each combination in the hackintool, should I create a new patch and reboot? or just create a new patch, insert it into the config and open hackintool again to check red row?
Of course, I carefully read the topic, it says not to reboot, but I really did not have time to remember your last answer :(

Sincerely, I am already very grateful for your help.
After each patch is exported into config.plist you must reboot. Then check if HDMI output is okay. Also try unplug and re-plug the HDMI cable after each boot.

@CaseySJ - Thanks for the link - that's brilliant! Following these steps by @itwas fixed my sleep issue too, and I now have working sleep in Mojave, with my onboard UHD 630 graphics :)

That just leaves native NVRAM, as the only thing that isn't fully supported on my Z390 system. I've been following this thread, and hopefully they'll be a breakthrough there, or on tonymacx86's forum.

Please note that there might be a difference between:
  • DP to HDMI cable
  • DP to HDMI adapter
The link in @pbryanw's post refers to an adapter. I would recommend the adapter because (a) it works for him, and (b) a DP-to-HDMI cable failed for a different user.

Hi Casey,
For grins, I bought the DP to HDMI adapter this weekend. It does not work. I lose signal at the Mojave login screen. I wanted to test the DP connector so that my Mobo patch guide could be completed, no luck. When I use the regular HDMI port (30 hz), Hackintool clearly shows the (red) connection on con0. If I hot swap to the other HDMI port (60hz), Hackintool does not show in red, a connection to con1, even though I have video. If I shutdown, and leave the cable in the con1 port, then boot, Hackintool still does not show a connector on con1. So I'm not sure what to do, if anything, since I have accelerated graphics enabled. Just wanted to assist you with your guide. Suggestions before I return the DP adapter since I don't need it? Screen shots attached.

Update: I retested Con1 using Hackintool v1.7.4 and the connection was highlighted in red. Is there a quirk with Hackintool v1.7.7? Anyway, I have connections with con0 and con1.

Attachments

• HDMI Con0.png
    HDMI Con0.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 93
  • HDMI Con1.png
    HDMI Con1.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 93
  • HDMI Con1 with v1.7.4 app.png
    HDMI Con1 with v1.7.4 app.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Back