Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M-DS3H
CPU
i7-8770
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
What is the reason of the grey top menu bar with uhd630 under mojave?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
hello.
i have a gigabyte z390 aorus pro wifi with an i7 7900k
i am stuck at step 4 of the Pre-flight Checklist and cannot get my CPU or GUP (igpu) recognized.
i have been trying to get my UHD Graphics 630 past 7mb, and i really need some help! :(
</dict>
[/code][/spoiler]
This system has a built-in screen, one HDMI port and one DP port. All ports can be activated with hot plug capability by using the following settings:

Platform ID: 0x0D220003

Index 1, Bus ID 0x05, Type DP
Index 2, Bus ID 0x04, Type DP (built-in display)
Index 3, Bus ID 0x06, Type HDMI

Please Help Others
If you find a successful set of parameters for your motherboard, please help the community by posting a screenshot of the Hackintool Connectors page with all the necessary settings applied. You may have to enter the changes again in the Connectors page. You may post the screenshot in this thread and I'll compile a list from everyone's contributions.
Please backup the existing EFI Folder and try the attached version. Changes in this EFI:
  • Latest Lilu, WhateverGreen, VirtualSMC
  • Added missing VirtualSmc.efi to drivers folder
  • Set Platform ID to 0x3e9b0007 and device-id to 0x3e9b
  • Enabled connector patch for on-board HDMI port
Your profile says i7-9700K, but your post says i7-7900K. This EFI Folder assumes that i7-9700K is what you meant.

Attachments

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
@CaseySJ please help, can you check what I'm doing, tried different id, got this id with new row lit up on connectors, and I can see my displays too...but nothing happens :(
You have an Intel i5-4300U. The 4300-series (because it starts with the number 4) belongs to the Haswell family, not the Coffee Lake family.

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 4.04.33 AM.png

So in Hackintool, please select Intel Generation: Haswell on the top left side of the Patch tab, and start with Platform ID: 0x0A260005 on the top right side. Also disable the Inject Intel checkbox in Clover Configurator --> Graphics.

Then reboot and see whether your built-in LCD still functions. If so, connect your external display, run Hackintool, and see which row lights up. You may post a screenshot of that.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks. I dropped that config.plist in and rebooted. It's *slightly* better, in that the green flicker begins between 5-30 seconds after logging in as a user. Previously, the flicker would start as soon as the login screen would come up.

Any idea about what the underlying problem is? I'm equal parts fascinated and aggravated by it ; )

thx!
If you are connecting the DisplayPort output from motherboard to DP-Input on the Belkin KVM, and then HDMI-out from KVM to monitor, then have you tried changing connector settings to Type HDMI instead of Type DP for Index 1 and Index 2?

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkPad T440
CPU
i5-4300U
Graphics
HD4400
You have an Intel i5-4300U. The 4300-series (because it starts with the number 4) belongs to the Haswell family, not the Coffee Lake family.

View attachment 436200

So in Hackintool, please select Intel Generation: Haswell on the top left side of the Patch tab, and start with Platform ID: 0x0A260005 on the top right side. Also disable the Inject Intel checkbox in Clover Configurator --> Graphics.

Then reboot and see whether your built-in LCD still functions. If so, connect your external display, run Hackintool, and see which row lights up. You may post a screenshot of that.
Sorry @CaseySJ , I am working on my desktop, with specs on my signature ASUS-H310-D | i3-8100 | iGPU intel HD630

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry @CaseySJ , I am working on my desktop, with specs on my signature ASUS-H310-D | i3-8100 | iGPU intel HD630
Okay, that's better! For Coffee Lake, please use Platform ID 0x3E9B0007.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Please backup the existing EFI Folder and try the attached version. Changes in this EFI:
  • Latest Lilu, WhateverGreen, VirtualSMC
  • Added missing VirtualSmc.efi to drivers folder
  • Set Platform ID to 0x3e9b0007 and device-id to 0x3e9b
  • Enabled connector patch for on-board HDMI port
Your profile says i7-9700K, but your post says i7-7900K. This EFI Folder assumes that i7-9700K is what you meant.
Oh jeez! oops yes, i7-9700K is correct thanks! Thank you so much for the response!

that frame buffer/connector patch seems to be doing something, but it's not booting fully.
it gets to a point in verbose then the screen goes black and starts flashing with a cursor every 5-10 seconds

but that's new, usually it either boots, or boots to black and doesn't flash

Attachments