Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Hi guys,

I have been having the same issues with an i3-9100 and an MSI Z390I board. No matter the combination of Bus ID's I still cannot get an image after booting verbose. I'm near the end of my wits here. Anyone with better knowledge know where I'm going wrong. Using the whatevergreen method and installing AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext, I cannot get off the ground.

Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 74
After a lot of trial and errror... here it is. I got my i9 9900k UHD630 to work on the Asus Maximus XI Extreme HDMI output!!!
Be aware Maximus XI Extreme is differnt to most Motherboards in that it only has ONE HDMI output and no other output ports...
Index2 BUS ID 0x02 Type HDMI turned to work out for me :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 00.29.04.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 00.29.04.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 91
How to resolve crash boot before using your config?

Last edited:
After a lot of trial and errror... here it is. I got my i9 9900k UHD630 to work on the Asus Maximus XI Extreme HDMI output!!!
Be aware Maximus XI Extreme is differnt to most Motherboards in that it only has ONE HDMI output and no other output ports...
Good job! Will add this to the Compilation.

Hi guys,

I have been having the same issues with an i3-9100 and an MSI Z390I board. No matter the combination of Bus ID's I still cannot get an image after booting verbose. I'm near the end of my wits here. Anyone with better knowledge know where I'm going wrong. Using the whatevergreen method and installing AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext, I cannot get off the ground.

Any input would be appreciated.
  • Are you running Mojave or High Sierra?
    • There is a 10.14.4 USB port limit patch in your config.plist so I assume you're running Mojave.
    • In this case there is no need to do anything with AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext. We should not touch this in any way nor copy it into the CLOVER folder.
  • On MSI Z390 motherboards, the following should work:
    • Index 1, BusID 0x01, Type HDMI
  • Alternatively you may try:
    • Index 1, BusID 0x05, Type HDMI
  • If you are indeed running 10.14.4 or newer, you may even delete the "device-id" line from Devices --> Properties
Because your motherboard has both HDMI and DisplayPort, it is advisable to plug both cables into your monitor (you can plug both into the same monitor if it supports both formats). Then you can create a connector patch that works for both ports.

Be sure to copy the config.plist into the EFI partition of your Mojave(?) SSD by mounting that partition each time.

How to resolve crash boot before using your config?
You have to be more descriptive. What crash? What config? I cannot read your mind. :)

• Are you running Mojave or High Sierra?

Sorry about that. Yes I am on 10.14.5. After removing the kext, I stripped down the connector keys and the device-id from my config.plist and still dark on both DP and HDMI on the same monitor. I also used BusIDs 0x01 and 0x05 with no results.

I am starting to wonder if something in my Clover directory is incompatible with the patch or if some kext/driver is interfering with the process. Have I done this right?

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Clover.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 59
z390 Gaming x only one HDMI too.

My mother board is z390 gaming X, I try config Z390M Gaming. I have pink screen.

Attachments

• config copy.plist
    11.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Back