Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Thanks @CaseySJ, when I mount the ssd with clover configurator, nothing appears on the desktop, while on the finder I see the EFI partition, but I noticed that if from the finder I go to the ssd disk (which I called Mojave) the config.plist file is different (???).
Could this be the problem?
First screenshot show EFI from finder
Second show EFI from GO--->Computer--->Mojave disk
There are multiple ways to see the EFI partition after it has been mounted:
  • From a Finder window just as you described.
  • From the Desktop if the "Hard disks" icon is checked in Finder --> Preferences as shown below.
Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 9.40.46 AM.png
  • So please open the EFI disk.
  • Inside it you will find one folder only, also called EFI.
  • And inside the folder you will find CLOVER.
  • The modified config.plist must be copied there.

I follow all steps, and replace config.plist with your config.plist.
I restarting system and try to apply patch.
Please wait...

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    599.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 2.png
    2.png
    608.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 3.png
    3.png
    792.7 KB · Views: 51
Ok, Ok I followed steps shown in the images. I restart again and let you know.
Everything should be correct ...

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 5.png
    5.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 6.png
    6.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 7.png
    7.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 8.png
    8.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 51
Ok, Ok I followed steps shown in the images. I restart again and let you know.
Everything should be correct ...
Okay, that's much better!

Now we can start to fine-tune the connector settings.
  • Row 1 is highlighted, so HDMI looks ok.
  • Do you have DVI and DisplayPort cables? Does your monitor accept DVI and DisplayPort inputs?
  • If so, please keep HDMI connected and connect DVI or DP to check whether those ports are also working.

By restarting the system I had some problems. The apple appeared, the white line came almost to the end but then the system restarted. I tried to do it again 3 times, but to no avail, so I had to restart it with the usb pendrive, and I had to change config.plist with a backup copy I had.
Maybe port aren't correct?
In the motherboard I have 1 hdm 1 dp 1 dv. Dp is connect with ad adaptor (dp to hdi) HDMI is direct, dv is connected with adaptor (dvi to hdmi). All connector work in windows (3 monitor functionally)

I rebooted the system, I put the ports back as you suggested, I restarted again, but when I open hackintool the situation is always the same. I give up... :(

Attachments

• Schermata 2019-04-30 alle 20.08.51.png
    Schermata 2019-04-30 alle 20.08.51.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 71
By restarting the system I had some problems. The apple appeared, the white line came almost to the end but then the system restarted. I tried to do it again 3 times, but to no avail, so I had to restart it with the usb pendrive, and I had to change config.plist with a backup copy I had.
Maybe port aren't correct?
In the motherboard I have 1 hdm 1 dp 1 dv. Dp is connect with ad adaptor (dp to hdi) HDMI is direct, dv is connected with adaptor (dvi to hdmi). All connector work in windows (3 monitor functionally)
Video adapters can really confuse the procedure.
  • DP: DP to HDMI adapter
  • HDMI: HDMI to HDMI
  • DVI: DVI to HDMI adapter
Based on this, I've gone back to the standard Asus connector configuration from Post #1. Please try the attached config.plist.

If this also fails to boot, please try changing SMBIOS name from iMac17,1 to either iMac18,2 or iMac18,3. Be sure to keep a safe backup of the original config.plist with iMac17,1 serial numbers.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Thanks, I try immediately

put 18.2 in the smbios but when I connected the HDMI monitor (the direct one) the monitor connected in the DP port gave me the screen of Figure 1, I restarted without connecting HDMI but the graphics are not good (fig. 2)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 64
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 59
put 18.2 in the smbios but when I connected the HDMI monitor (the direct one) the monitor connected in the DP port gave me the screen of Figure 1, I restarted without connecting HDMI but the graphics are not good (fig. 2)
The use of video adapters may be causing a lot of issues.

Now that you know how to make changes to config.plist, you can try using only:
  • HDMI to HDMI cable
  • DP to DP cable
  • DVI to DVI cable
  • If you *must* use an adapter, DVI to HDMI would be okay, but not DP to HDMI.
You can also try:
  • iMac17,1
  • iMac18,2
  • iMac18,3
And you can try:
  • Platform ID 0x59160000
  • Platform ID 0x59120000
You should be able to follow the procedure in Post #1 now. You have one known working port (HDMI to HDMI) so the other two should be relatively easy. But you should avoid using adapters.

Back