- Dec 31, 2013
- Huawei Matebook D
- UHD 620
- Mobile Phone
The freeze continues to happen with all the Bios tested.I like your descriptive prowess.
This is not strictly an HDMI black screen problem, but rather a system stability problem. I will provide some general guidelines here, but the conversation should be continued in the Mojave Desktop Support forum.
- Is the system stable if you undo the framebuffer connector patch and use the iGPU in non-accelerated fashion?
- Have you tried disconnecting all USB and other connected devices other than keyboard/mouse?
- Have you updated to latest BIOS?
- If you have a spare SSD, it is always a good idea to do a fresh installation on that disk and see if the system remains stable. If so, it indicates a corruption on your primary installation.
- Do you have Windows/NTFS drives, NTFS drivers, etc. that you can disconnect or uninstall?
- Again, a completely fresh installation of MacOS on a spare SSD is ideal because it eliminates a lot of variables stemming from third-party apps, malware, weird kexts, and other nasties.
- You may also compress and upload your CLOVER folder with serial numbers redacted from SMBIOS.
Most of the times it happens with a Video/Audio playing.
Could be related to hardware acceleration.