Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Motherboard
CPU
Intel
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have Gigabyte H310M A mobo + i3-8100. Connector patches for Gigabyte H310M in the latest Hakingtool got HDMI port going for me. Thanks! However I am getting artifacts and window tear to the point that it is unusable.

-disablegfxfirmware didn't help.

I am on latests Lilu+Whatevergreen+clover. What am I missing/what could be tweaked?

Patching UHD 630 to use 2048MB seem to fix all artifacts or was it me matching SMBIOS with ig_platform_id (both Macmini8,1) that did the trick?

Does the platform_id for video need to match SMBIOS id or it doesn't matter at all? (I noticed that desktop platfrom_id is from Macmini8.1 and my SMBIOS is from iMac18,2).

Also I have a video card (GT640) and would like to use two monitors. When I boot with IGP set in BIOS I get monitor connected to GT640 after boot and IGP monitor gets a cursor but is stuck on Apple's logo . When I boot with video card set in BIOS I don't get monitor hooked up to IGP on at all (though it is recognized, but no mouse). When I boot without GT640 I am getting artifacts, etc.

Any ideas how to get dual cards to work?

Dual monitors also appears to be working fine with one caveat - login screen, dock, etc shows up on the monitor attached to UHD 630 no matter what I did, so I have IGP first in BIOS and GT640 to drive 2nd monitor as needed.

Last edited:

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have Gigabyte H310M A mobo + i3-8100. Connector patches for Gigabyte H310M in the latest Hakingtool got HDMI port going for me. Thanks! However I am getting artifacts and window tear to the point that it is unusable.

-disablegfxfirmware didn't help.

I am on latests Lilu+Whatevergreen+clover. What am I missing/what could be tweaked?

Does the platform_id for video need to match SMBIOS id or it doesn't matter at all? (I noticed that desktop platfrom_id is from Macmini8.1 and my SMBIOS is from iMac18,2).

Also I have a video card (GT640) and would like to use two monitors. When I boot with IGP set in BIOS I get monitor connected to GT640 after boot and IGP monitor gets a cursor but is stuck on Apple's logo . When I boot with video card set in BIOS I don't get monitor hooked up to IGP on at all (though it is recognized, but no mouse). When I boot without GT640 I am getting artifacts, etc.

Any ideas how to get dual cards to work?
please update your hardware profile as per rules

intel and nvidia is a bit vague

10.8.2 is not a motherboard

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
dp to hdmi
Please try BusID 0x05 for Index 1 and use a DP-to-DP cable to confirm that the settings are good. Use of adapters can create problems that we are often unable to fix -- you may have to contact the manufacturer for support.

Motherboard
H370M-ITX/AC
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Please try BusID 0x05 for Index 1 and use a DP-to-DP cable to confirm that the settings are good. Use of adapters can create problems that we are often unable to fix -- you may have to contact the manufacturer for support.
I tried two cables and both of them have the same problem, my monitor doesn't have the exit dp, so I need a dp to hdmi cable

Motherboard
B360N WiFi
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you so much for the guide! I managed to get full graphics acceleration & HDMI working on the Gigabyte B360N WiFi with a Core i3 8100. The motherboard only has two HDMI ports for the display output, so getting the display to work was quite a challenge, but I did manage it. I ended up using the prebuilt patch for the ASRock B360M-ITX/AC that was located within Hackintool, and modifying it from there. I am pleased to report that audio and both HDMI ports are working. Attached is the tool screenshot and a compressed copy of my EFI folder for anyone's perusal.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mobile Phone
Android
@CaseySJ I think you should add that some motherboards, in rare circumstances, do use Bus 0x05 for HDMI.

Thanks for your tool and assistance!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you so much for the guide! I managed to get full graphics acceleration & HDMI working on the Gigabyte B360N WiFi with a Core i3 8100. The motherboard only has two HDMI ports for the display output, so getting the display to work was quite a challenge, but I did manage it. I ended up using the prebuilt patch for the ASRock B360M-ITX/AC that was located within Hackintool, and modifying it from there. I am pleased to report that audio and both HDMI ports are working. Attached is the tool screenshot and a compressed copy of my EFI folder for anyone's perusal.
Well done -- an HDMI-only motherboard does make this more difficult, so glad to see you made it! Will add your configuration to the Compilation in Post 1.

Edit: Please note the following corrections you should make to your config.plist!

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 3.58.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 3.59.05 PM.png

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
@CaseySJ I think you should add that some motherboards, in rare circumstances, do use Bus 0x05 for HDMI.

Thanks for your tool and assistance!
Thanks! Will add that note to the table of Bus IDs in Post 1 shortly. Which motherboard uses 0x05 for HDMI?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks! Will add that note to the table of Bus IDs in Post 1 shortly. Which motherboard uses 0x05 for HDMI?
My MSI 370 Carbon AC