Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Hello, im trying to fix the black screen on hdmi port with a gigabyte b360m h, problem i have, on bios i can only choose IGPX or PCi Port 1, if i choose IGPX i cant boot on Mojave because black screen, if i choose PCi Port Mojave boot but on Hackintool cant choose PlatformID.
If your motherboard is Gigabyte B360M D3H, then you have the same number and types of video ports as the Gigabyte H370M DS3H. So please try using the connector patch for that motherboard (from Post #1):

Step 1: Boot using BIOS --> Initial Display Output --> PCIe 1 Slot. Mount EFI partition and apply the connector patch to your config.plist. Save the file.

Step 2: Boot using BIOS --> Initial Display Output --> IGFX. Do you still get HDMI black screen?

Actually your correct Graphics ID is 0x3E98. This is not supported by any version of macOS so we spoof it to either 0x3E9B or 0x3E92. Either of these is perfectly okay.

As @jaymonkey mentioned, it seems your problem is cosmetic instead of functional. CFL means Coffee Lake. So I don't think you need to worry about it. There are more important things to worry about! :)

Yes I know.

Anyway do you know what file can I mod for cosmetic change ?

Yes I know.

Anyway do you know what file can I mod for cosmetic change ?
Try the attached file (copy serial numbers back into SMBIOS). It may or may not work, depending on whether WhateverGreen overrides the following values that I added:
  • Devices --> Properties --> AAPL,model = Intel Graphics UHD 630
  • Devices --> Properties --> device_type = Graphics Processor

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.6 KB · Views: 104
Try the attached file (copy serial numbers back into SMBIOS). It may or may not work, depending on whether WhateverGreen overrides the following values that I added:
  • Devices --> Properties --> AAPL,model = Intel Graphics UHD 630
  • Devices --> Properties --> device_type = Graphics Processor

I tried but it doesn't work...

I am on 10.13 and my HDMI and DP was working, but I couldn't boot with them both on. I had to boot with HDMI connected only, then after booting plug in the DP.

No after fooling with this, I did something wrong and my HDMI never comes on.
My HDMI is Port 5 Index 1. I've tried Bus 1,2,4, and 6.
MY DP is Port 7 Index 3.

I don't even remember what it started with. I just want to go back now LOL.

EDIT:
Nevermind all the above, i got back to my default setup using the Inter Framebuffer Thread
Here is the default that allows me to use dual monitors but only if I boot HDMI first
[1] busId: 0x05, pipe: 9, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x00000187 - DP
[2] busId: 0x04, pipe: 10, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x00000187 - DP
[3] busId: 0x06, pipe: 10, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x00000187 - DP

Index 1 Registers as the HDMI connection.
Index 3 Registers as the DP connection.
I just want to boot with both monitors plugged in at the same time.

Also, my i7-8700k comes up as Kaby Lake, isn't it a Coffee Lake?

Last edited:
I am on 10.13 and my HDMI and DP was working, but I couldn't boot with them both on. I had to boot with HDMI connected only, then after booting plug in the DP.

No after fooling with this, I did something wrong and my HDMI never comes on.
My HDMI is Port 5 Index 1. I've tried Bus 1,2,4, and 6.
MY DP is Port 7 Index 3.

I don't even remember what it started with. I just want to go back now LOL.

EDIT:
Nevermind all the above, i got back to my default setup using the Inter Framebuffer Thread
Here is the default that allows me to use dual monitors but only if I boot HDMI first
[1] busId: 0x05, pipe: 9, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x00000187 - DP
[2] busId: 0x04, pipe: 10, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x00000187 - DP
[3] busId: 0x06, pipe: 10, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x00000187 - DP

Index 1 Registers as the HDMI connection.
Index 3 Registers as the DP connection.
I just want to boot with both monitors plugged in at the same time.
MSI Z390 motherboards use the following configuration:

Index 1 (port 5) --> BusID 0x01 --> HDMI
Index 2 (port 6) --> BusID 0x04 --> DP (may not exist physically)
Index 3 (port 7) --> BusID 0x06 --> DP

This has been tested on Mojave.

Also, my i7-8700k comes up as Kaby Lake, isn't it a Coffee Lake?
Is Kaby Lake shown in Hackintool? If so, have you selected "Framebuffer" from the top menu bar and then "macOS 10.13"?

Also, are you spoofing the graphics device ID in the devices section of config.plist?

MSI Z390 motherboards use the following configuration:

Index 1 (port 5) --> BusID 0x01 --> HDMI
Index 2 (port 6) --> BusID 0x04 --> DP (may not exist physically)
Index 3 (port 7) --> BusID 0x06 --> DP

This has been tested on Mojave.

Is Kaby Lake shown in Hackintool? If so, have you selected "Framebuffer" from the top menu bar and then "macOS 10.13"?

Also, are you spoofing the graphics device ID in the devices section of config.plist?

I have a Z370, does that make a difference?
Either way, i'll try this tonight. I'll have to update from 10.13 to 10.14.
Kaby Lake is shown in Hackintool. I selected Current Version under Framebuffer
I don't think I am spoofing the device ID. I removed all 3 entries that you said to, in your guide.

I have a Z370, does that make a difference?
Either way, i'll try this tonight. I'll have to update from 10.13 to 10.14.
Kaby Lake is shown in Hackintool. I selected Current Version under Framebuffer
I don't think I am spoofing the device ID. I removed all 3 entries that you said to, in your guide.
  • The connector patch from an MSI Z390 should work on the MSI Z370 in most cases.
  • Because I am simply not familiar with Hackintosh configurations on High Sierra, your decision to try an upgrade to Mojave sounds good. Backup your High Sierra system first -- both the macOS/HFS partition and the EFI Partition.

Back