Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

You say I should use although it's Iris pro 5200. Fine :)
I'm currently setup as iMac15,2. Should I switch to 14,1? 14,4?

Tx
-a-
There is a fair amount of cross-compatibility between processors from the same architecture so it's reasonable to spoof the IDs (but you may also try 0x0412).

I would suggest changing one "main" variable at a time. Platform and Device IDs are one "main" variable. SMBIOS is a second main variable, but it is only important in that it should be a non-headless SMBIOS. If an iMac has a Discrete GPU, it will use that to drive the display, which means its iGPU will be running in "headless" mode.

The reason for checking IORegistryExplorer is to determine not only which driver/framebuffer is attached, but also to determine whether display connectors are attached (i.e. non-headless).

Last edited:
Hi :)

I tried this:
  • device-id: 0x0D22
  • AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x0D220003 (default)

GPU Name: Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200

Index 1, Bus 0x00, Type DUMMY
Index 2, Bus 0x05, Type DP
Index 3, Bus 0x00, Type DUMMY
Index -1, Bus 0x00, Type DUMMY
and this
Index 1, Bus 0x04, Type HDMI
Index 2, Bus 0x05, Type DP
Index 3, Bus 0x02, Type HDMI <-- physical DVI port
Index -1, Bus 0x00, Type DUMMY

But got major glitches upon reboot (system not usable) but the resolution was still 1080p (couldn't tell if I could manually change it since I could not navigate the OS UI)

I thus reverted to the current settings:
0x04160000
deviceID : not specified

Hi :)

I tried this:

and this

But got major glitches upon reboot (system not usable) but the resolution was still 1080p (couldn't tell if I could manually change it since I could not navigate the OS UI)

I thus reverted to the current settings:
0x04160000
deviceID : not specified
Do you get the same glitches when using the desktop platform ID in combination with device ID 0x0412?

If so, then I think this may be a dead end. I would point you to wildsparrow’s thread below in which a similar system was set up. He has posted his config.plist and other files. The entire 2-page thread should be read.

Alas it’s getting harder and harder to configure older and older systems.

Thank you so much :)

Do you get the same glitches when using the desktop platform ID in combination with device ID 0x0412?

You mean 0x0d220003 in combination with 0x0412?
or 0x04160000 in combination with 0x0412?

Tx
-a-

Thank you so much :)

You mean 0x0d220003 in combination with 0x0412?
or 0x04160000 in combination with 0x0412?

Tx
-a-
Yes 0xd220003 in combination with 0x0412. Wildsparrow used iMac14,2 for the Z87 with i5-4570, but then his problem was just getting the OS to install!

I feel you... This one is not even 5 years old
It seems that the steps and procedures which work beautifully on 7th, 8th, and 9th generation CPUs/Chipsets break down with alarming frequency the further back we go.

I would point you to wildsparrow’s thread below in which a similar system was set up. He has posted his config.plist and other files. The entire 2-page thread should be read.

Wow! his config.plist has so little in common with mine! His is more than 3x as large. Mine looks like a desert ;)
I don't know where to start....

Yes 0xd220003 in combination with 0x0412. Wildsparrow used iMac14,2 for the Z87 with i5-4570, but then his problem was just getting the OS to install!

I'll try that now.
Tx

I'll try that now.
Tx
You have a number of other, newer systems. Do they have any difficulty outputting a 4K signal to the AOC u2868pqu monitor over the exact same cable (i.e. move the same video cable to a newer system) or a different cable?

Back