Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
I7-8700T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for answering,
I have followed the instructions in topic 1 and your link sent I have read and applied, do you have any other suggestions for me?
No other suggestions. I started looking at your config.plist and don't see any resemblance between it and the instructions. If you posted your actual config.plist, then I'd suggest starting over and carefully reading the links I posted.

Motherboard
Gigabyte B365M D2V
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
you can fill out your hardware profile properly
I have updated my hardware information

No other suggestions. I started looking at your config.plist and don't see any resemblance between it and the instructions. If you posted your actual config.plist, then I'd suggest starting over and carefully reading the links I posted.
I have noted that the EFI I attached is after doing the "Preflight Checklist"
If you need config.plist after patch then I will attach below

Attachments

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
I7-8700T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have updated my hardware information

I have noted that the EFI I attached is after doing the "Preflight Checklist"
If you need config.plist after patch then I will attach below
Still read this, since you are renaming GFX0. Your interfaces (DVI and VGA) are going to be a challenge but not impossible. Further complicated by an adapter, but still not impossible. I think your board is just going to require tedious trial and error as I have done here. Make sure you can remotely login to your rig and start experimenting with frame buffers.

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
I7-8700T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I experienced a "black screen" issue with my UHD 630 graphics after temporarily connecting different displays. The new, temporary displays had a different screen resolution from the original displays. The black screen "fix" was to change the CLOVER Screen Resolution to match the native display resolution of the new, temporary displays.

See full explanation here.

Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX B360i
CPU
i5 9600k
Graphics
Intel HD 630
I have an ASUS Strix B360 motherboard, I'm trying to get my display working through HDMI and not Display Port off of the onboard iGPU (rather than the GTX 970 which I'm having to use to get a display out), I've ticked apply changes and used the inbuilt patch for the B360i on Hackintool, saved my config, but I'm not getting anything when I boot up, just a black screen. Only my GTX 970 will output video.

My board only has Display Port and HDMI (but does have USB C, so maybe an additional HDMI there? That one doesn't work either).

I used my brothers DP display earlier, and it output fine, but I couldn't even get it outputting to HDMI using the manual configs.

I'm on OSX 10.15.

Any ideas?

Attachments

Last edited:

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have an ASUS Strix B360 motherboard, I'm trying to get my display working through HDMI and not Display Port off of the onboard iGPU (rather than the GTX 970 which I'm having to use to get a display out), I've ticked apply changes and used the inbuilt patch for the B360i on Hackintool, saved my config, but I'm not getting anything when I boot up, just a black screen. Only my GTX 970 will output video.

My board only has Display Port and HDMI (but does have USB C, so maybe an additional HDMI there? That one doesn't work either).

I used my brothers DP display earlier, and it output fine, but I couldn't even get it outputting to HDMI using the manual configs.

Any ideas?
you should update your hardware profile with the actual graphics you are using for macOS

Motherboard
AsRock B460M Pro4
CPU
i5-10600
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi everyone!
I have i5-10600 & iGPU & AsRock B460m Pro4, OC 0.6.0, Catalina 10.15.6
My EFI/screenshots/config https://github.com/yrambler2001/Hackintosh-Intel-i5-10600-iGPU-AsRock-B460M-Pro4
The BIOS settings I use https://github.com/Old-Black-Dog/Ha...SRockz490mitxac_bios_ 2020-07-17 08.28.20.pdf
I use dual 1920x1080 monitors and the only issue I have is after start the second monitor remains black.
The main monitor use HDMI port, the second monitor uses HDMI-HDMI cable, DP to HDMI adapter which is connected to the DP motherboard port.
2020-08-15 22.20.55.jpg
After about 1 minute the second monitor started to show the image but both of the monitors show image with artefacts
2020-08-15 22.20.59.jpg
If I open mac os settings and change that second monitor display resolution to any other and then revert back to 1080p then both monitors have good image all the day until reboot (also there is one little issue that about after 4 hours the random monitor turns black for 3 seconds and then remains good).
Also if I change that second monitor display resolution to 1600x900 then image will be good (without artefacts or black screen) on both monitors even if I reboot the pc.
I tried switching hdmi/dp framebuffer on second monitor but there is no effect.

Does anyone have an idea how can I fix the issue?
Thanks!

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
I7-8700T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi everyone!
I have i5-10600 & iGPU & AsRock B460m Pro4, OC 0.6.0, Catalina 10.15.6

Does anyone have an idea how can I fix the issue?
Thanks!
Quickly scanned your EFI. Forgive naive observations, since I'm not familiar with your board. Also, I use CLOVER and not OC, so I may have missed some things in your config.plist. My observations are as follows:
  1. Read this. Remove the kexts that you're not supposed to install with WhateverGreen.
  2. Your con0-type is 0x01 (Dummy Port). Are you not using con0? I found debugging easier when I explicitly set the properties of all ports (even those that I wasn't changing from their defaults). (e.g. include framebuffer-con2-type so that we're not assuming a default value that may or may not be accurate)
  3. As per #2, I can't tell your con2-type. I found that I needed to specify a port type that matched my adapter (i.e. when I used a DP->DVI adapter on a DP port, I needed to specify port type DVI and not port type DP). Since you're using a DP-HDMI adapter, you may need to specify port type HDMI on your DP port.
  4. Do you need to explicitly set framebuffer-stolenmem?
  5. I had problems with IntelMausiEthernet.kext after Catalina 10.15.4. I recommend using IntelMausi.kext here.
  6. You may need these boot args for WhateverGreen (you may have these - I didn't know where to find them in your OC config.plist)
  7. You may need to experiment with different frame buffers as I have done here to find the ones that work for you

Motherboard
AsRock B460M Pro4
CPU
i5-10600
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
Android
My observations are as follows
Thanks for quick response!
1. I've removed FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, but the issue is the same, I use FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio to fix ALC1200 audio, without the kext, OS show "no audio devices"
2. Yes, I do not use con0, I use con1 and con2.
Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 10.47.08.png
3. I've set HDMI to con1 and con2, still no changes.
4. No, I don't, however after removing this line, no changes happen
5. I've had problems with ethernet so after hackintosh install I found latest working version from your kext link support page
6. I had igfxonln=1. After adding darkwake=3, igfxagdc=0 still no changes. These are on the 745 line.
7. Looks like this is the only way. Will try to experiment when I find some free time.
I've committed the changes. Maybe someone have any other ideas that may help?

Last edited: