Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkCentre M710s SFF 10M7
CPU
Intel Core i5-7400
Graphics
Intel 630
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you very much for the help, I also have a lenovo M710s and if the VGA port works in Catalina . But of course all the hardware is not the same.

I will install in high sierra and try the laptop. Any news makes it known here and maybe someone will help you.

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
I7-8700T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Pipe and Flags are the 3rd and 5th columns in the screenshot you posted. We don't have to worry about these items though. Just focus on Index, BusID, and Type.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding this post, but Flags were critical to my system's ability to wake from sleep. Without specifying flags, my system would wake to dark screens and I was unable to remotely login. Some of my test results are here and my latest display sleep / wake findings are here.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Maybe I'm misunderstanding this post, but Flags were critical to my system's ability to wake from sleep. Without specifying flags, my system would wake to dark screens and I was unable to remotely login. Some of my test results are here and my latest display sleep / wake findings are here.
Those are good posts, particularly the experimentation with igfxonin=1.

We set Pipe to the same value for all ports to avoid reboot when HDMI cable is hot-plugged.

Regarding Flags, the default value in Hackintool is 0x3C7, which we keep intact. Because this is not something we change, I asked the poster to focus only on modifying Index, BusID and Type.

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
I7-8700T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Those are good posts, particularly the experimentation with igfxonin=1.

We set Pipe to the same value for all ports to avoid reboot when HDMI cable is hot-plugged.

Regarding Flags, the default value in Hackintool is 0x3C7, which we keep intact. Because this is not something we change, I asked the poster to focus only on modifying Index, BusID and Type.
Thanks for the quick reply! All makes sense. I am finding that my DP ports (using DP->DVI adapters) are hot-pluggable without specifying pipes.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
I7-37700K
Graphics
HD 4000 / GTX 750
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can you help please?

Before I can use Hackintool to set frame buffer correctly, I need to get my Intel HD4000 set up right. As you can see from the attached it is not. There is SO much info out there (including here) on this topic and adjacent ones that I am confused!

Looks like none of my connectors is active?

Also, when I use apply current patches, it doesn't do anything.

Apologies if I am being an idiot.

What do I do please?

Attachments

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can you help please?

Before I can use Hackintool to set frame buffer correctly, I need to get my Intel HD4000 set up right. As you can see from the attached it is not. There is SO much info out there (including here) on this topic and adjacent ones that I am confused!

Looks like none of my connectors is active?

Also, when I use apply current patches, it doesn't do anything.

Apologies if I am being an idiot.

What do I do please?
In the first screenshot we see that Device-ID is 0x12345678. This will deactivate the iGPU graphics driver. We should begin by either removing the Fake Device ID from Clover, or using a correct iGPU device ID.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
I7-37700K
Graphics
HD 4000 / GTX 750
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
In the first screenshot we see that Device-ID is 0x12345678. This will deactivate the iGPU graphics driver. We should begin by either removing the Fake Device ID from Clover, or using a correct iGPU device ID.
Thank you!

I realised with your prompting that the problem originated by the arguments provided by the Clover bootloader setup I have so I am getting rid of those (how do I avoid having the stop it doing Intel Inject FakeId every time - there must a config file for the bootloader somewhere?).

Now I have the right (-ish) settings appearing in the various places concerning HD4000 and my monitor, I have a well behaved GUI but only when I remote in from another Mac.

When I look at the monitor direct, attached by HDMI cable, I get the repeated login display problem.

I have just been told this may be because of an inadequate HDMI cable possibly :(

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
GL703-GE
CPU
8750H Coffee Lake
Graphics
Intel UHD 630 / GTX 1050 TI
Hello guys ! I recently installed my first Macintosh on my ASUS GL703 GE using Open Core, but it seems like I'm having some trouble in making the HDMI port work (video and audio). So far I have tried all the possible combinations ( almost ). I tried different platform-id, different bus-id's, different connector ID's (besides the first one with Id 0, because my guess is that is the laptop's monitor and not the HDMI because it is always RED). Also, no other connector lights up RED when i plug in or plug out the monitor (never really did in my ~100 tries), and the monitor never showed up in the Settings->Displays panel either . Also have to mention that my laptop doesn't have any other types of display ports such as DVI or VGA so I can't identify the HDMI by elimination either. I just know that i have 3 connectors (or at least that's what shows up in Hackintool) out of which one i guess it's the internal display. Can't really tell which between the other 2 is the HDMI.
The only progress I can say I've made is that I can now cross out the platform-ids which do not enable hardware acceleration, but besides that I can't seem to make it work. I also tried enabling the LSPCON (for HDMI 1.4, some sources do say that my laptop has 2.0, but most of them said 1.4 so that was the default I tried).
Am I missing something else? Any ideas?
I've attached a screenshot of my current plist config.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Eglobal S200
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Am I missing something else? Any ideas?
Hi,

Please try attached device properties and see if those works for you. I hope you know how to add these into your config.plist

Attachments

Motherboard
GL703-GE
CPU
8750H Coffee Lake
Graphics
Intel UHD 630 / GTX 1050 TI
Hi,

Please try attached device properties and see if those works for you. I hope you know how to add these into your config.plist
I just tried it. Didn't work. Maybe because I'm using a laptop and not desktop? :/