Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

goodmorning , I try to patch following your guide on , but no result yet , I try a lot of platform ID and I use Intel website for understand Device ID , but no Luck...
I will attach my screenshot about that

EDIT: This is config before I apply with Framebuffer :MacOs 10.14 . After I apply I cannot boot on it and I receive black screen and if I boot in Safemode "-x" I can see acceleration is working good.
Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 00.37.19.png
Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 00.36.48.png
Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 00.36.39.png
Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 00.36.26.png

PS: I'm using Catalina

Last edited:
goodmorning , I try to patch following your guide on , but no result yet , I try a lot of platform ID and I use Intel website for understand Device ID , but no Luck...
I will attach my screenshot about that

EDIT: This is config before I apply with Framebuffer :MacOs 10.14 . After I apply I cannot boot on it and I receive black screen and if I boot in Safemode "-x" I can see acceleration is working good.
View attachment 453110View attachment 453111View attachment 453112View attachment 453113
PS: I'm using Catalina
Hello @wmcore,
  • Have you tried Platform ID 0x3E9B0007? Most Coffee Lake Macs with built-in LCDs use this ID.
  • Have you searched this thread for solutions that worked for other laptop owners?

@CaseySJ I tried all of this but no result

@CaseySJ I tried all of this but no result
For several specific makes/models of laptops, there are complete EFI folders available on GitHub and elsewhere. For example, Dell 9560 is a very popular laptop for which there are YouTube videos and EFI folders. Studying these EFI folders might provide some crucial hints.

Hi guys, I'm new here ... and I've been trying to solve my hackintosh for weeks.

I have the following situation:
I tested several platform ids, but only 0x3E9B0009 displayed the image correctly, the others were purple.

The situation is: If I plug in 2 monitors (DP and HDMI), it only shows the image on HDMI, I tried to switch to all the connector options, but without success. However, a curious thing is that the recognized monitor is from the DP. If I unplug one of the two, at boot I won't lose the image. That is, it only works if the 2 are connected, but only displays the monitor that is connected to HDMI.

Attached the image.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 11.41.21.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 11.41.21.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 88
@CaseySJ
am building my first Hackintosh trying to install Catalina macOS and i did it but am facing problem with my HD 630 driver that has only 7mb..so i tried your soultion but the problem every time i use the Hackintool v3 under the Connector Info there's no highlighted raw am not sure what to do can u help me pls..

@CaseySJ
am building my first Hackintosh trying to install Catalina macOS and i did it but am facing problem with my HD 630 driver that has only 7mb..so i tried your soultion but the problem every time i use the Hackintool v3 under the Connector Info there's no highlighted raw am not sure what to do can u help me pls..
Hackintool has built-in support for your motherboard:

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 5.48.42 PM.png

After making that selection, select this:

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 5.50.55 PM.png

If your EFI partition is not mounted, Hackintosh will do it for you. Then navigate to the CLOVER folder containing config.plist. Notice that config.plist is grayed out. But don't worry! Just click on it anyway.

Then click Save.

Reboot.

Hackintool has built-in support for your motherboard:

View attachment 456377

After making that selection, select this:

View attachment 456378

If your EFI partition is not mounted, Hackintosh will do it for you. Then navigate to the CLOVER folder containing config.plist. Notice that config.plist is grayed out. But don't worry! Just click on it anyway.

Then click Save.

Reboot.
thank u for your answer i could reboot normally after it without the black screen but my graphics still stuck at 7 mb without acceleration.. any suggestions ??

thank u for your answer i could reboot normally after it without the black screen but my graphics still stuck at 7 mb without acceleration.. any suggestions ??
Please post your config.plist. You may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS before posting.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 57
Back