Contribute
Register

[Guide] GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 + i7-4790k + GT 740 4GB + 32GB DDR3

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi mate,

Any news for the USB 3.0 problem ? Did you make a DSDT for your system ?
Hi,
Would you mind explaining a little more?

I've had no issues so far with USB 3.0, sans the installation, where it could have been and had to use 2.0 (could because I was desperate and there are 2 or 3 things that might have caused the issue on Step 3).
Asides from that my USB 3.0 ports work perfectly.

I did not make a DSDT so far, except for copy & paste of toleda's patch for HDMI audio.
I'm not sure if using clover configurator counts as a DSDT of sorts tho'.

Hi,

Really good guide - If you want to configure LAN or audio http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...0-mhz-ddr3-onboard-graphics-using-clover.html.

Everything's working for me but I have a problem report (Panic with com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2 in backtrace) on each start even though I had no problem before. Do you have something similar ?

Just try this link https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC and drag'n drop the sh script in the terminal and follow the instructions.
When you reboot your sound card is recognised by OSX.

This did work for me, I had gotten super frustrated, but finally running the 110.sh file I was able to get music to my ears again!!! :headbang:

So I have a similar-ish build and I'm pretty stoked. I was able to get setup, I've had a lot of back and forth with bad luck all day, but I finally have a bootable without USB install with Audio.

A point for anyone else struggling to boot into installer, pull out your Nvidia graphics card, It's a hassle for me, but it was the main thing stopping me.

Also, I was struggling to boot without using the USB, finally I copied the standard config.plist that was linked here and it was magic, my system finally booted by itself sans USB bootup!

I have a hard time believing that your USB 3.0 ports are working OOB... Would you care to post some screenshots of the USB section of System Information showing connection speed. Possibly a BlackMagic Disk Speed Test with a USB 3.0 device connected?

I just installed on this board and had to go through a bit of work to get USB 3.0 working correctly.

I get it now, sorry guys. Your questions were too vague for me to understand properly.
When I wrote this guide I think it was the first one out about this board and sadly I don't hang around the forums enough to read about the problems, so I had no idea USB 3.0 speed issues were a thing on El Cap.

So to confirm, I just tested and I get 2.0 USB Speeds from my USB 3.0 ports.
I DID get them ports working, no problem, front and back, since day-0, that's why I was confused. As I said in the guide I used the front 2.0 USB port to install (using my USB 3.0 flash drive) but all 3.0 ports have been "working", just not at full speeds now I realise. I don't own many 3.0 drives and the ones I do, are rated for 2.0 speeds (lame drives).

However I should be getting around 80 or 90 Mb/s I guess, not 25 Mb/s.
I tried RehabMan's kexts but no joy, same stuff.
I'll look into the big post from the man to see what other things I can try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back