Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH with i5 2500K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for your reply . Which definition That I should used for my system? If something wrong, How can i recover it? Please suggest.

So I got my system up and running on this board with 3770K and Radeon 6870, im running on F2 because USB 3.0 works with it. Have a little problem with sleep it only works if I take the system to sleep manually by hitting the Apple Logo then Sleep. When the system goes to sleep by the timer, it will only turn off the screen not the system, any suggestions on how to fix it? BTW the Internal USB 3.0 works with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 devices and the Front Audio is working both mic and speakers(Speakers are labeled as Headphones, and the Mic is labeled as Line in

FIX: The sleep worked if I set the timer to more then 5 min. Did 1 min for testing lolz

Hey there,

I have a similar build and was experiencing the same graphics issues. I followed your guide exactly but I'm still running into a few issues.

I have:
gigabyte GA-h77n
intel i5 2500k sandy bridge 3.3ghz
16gb ram.

I can only boot up using "graphicsenabler=No boot flag" and I'm still not seeing support for the intel hd3000 and I can't change resolutions. Let me know if you have any advice, it'd be much appreciated!

here's what I've done:

created 1 partition
-verified disk
-installed ML
-booted from USB drive "ML"
-was able to boot!
-ran multibeast with suggested settings from guide / successful install
-before restarting, followed graphics resolution page tutorial
-show all in finder, moved kexts to desktop, edited, ran kextbeast
-reboot from USB drive "USB" as per boot0 error guide tutorial
-ejected second USB drive (with hacktinosh stuff) maybe need to do that earlier?
-unmounted ML drive
-entered command into terminal, got "no such file"
-remounted ML drive, rebooted from USB
-same process again (with second USB drive not plugged in), this time success!
-exited terminal
-rebooted without pressing f12, froze at apple grey screen with spinning logo frozen
-rebooted with f12 and USB ML with -x
--showed "header read size 200 incorrect image" for a second
-removed "ATI6000controller.kext" (copied it to desktop)
-went into /extra folder, edited org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
added this:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
-rebooted without pressing f12, froze at apple grey screen with spinning logo frozen
-rebooted with f12 and USB ML with -v
-frozen with verbose mode, last line is: macx_swapon SUCCESS
-rebooted with f12 and USB ML with -x safe mode
--showed "header read size 200 incorrect image" for a second
-tried to remove OemSmbios.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ but I don't have it

Im having somewhat of the same issue but i'm on f8(GA-Z77X-UP4 TH) with i7 3770k, internal graphics, 16gb ram, 2x WD 2TB red.

I can get passed the gray screen at all(initial install), i have the circle with the line through it. when i run it in -v it gets stuck at:

com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded
Still waiting for root device
Still waiting for root device
(Etc.........)

What does that even mean??

My work is at a stand still till i can get this running and able to put os x server.
Really frustrated can anyone please help??:banghead:

Ps. this is my second mobo/cpu my first attempt was with a amd and i got the same results.

Hi there,

Try to use this guide for installation and follow the EXACT footsteps. A few members have achieved great success with my guide on the last page using 10.8.2
> http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...4657-z77x-up4-th-instructions-feedback-2.html

Most important is try to set the BIOS exactly to what I've stated, and make sure your connections are correct - ie BIOS settings especially XHCI to AUTO, Preboot XHCI detection on, XHCI handoff enabled; EHCI handoff enabled, AHCI On, Intel Virtualisation On, VT-d off; 2nd Marvell controller off; Intel Rapid Start off; Smart Connect off; Smart Response off; USB 3.0 on; Video detection Auto, Init Display Auto, Max Video RAM 32MB, High Precision Event Timer On and make sure you have made the right connections to the system 1) Booting from white SATAIII Port0 & Port1, and booting your Unibeast 1.3.5 from a USB 2.0 socket on your board. 2) monitor on DVI port of motherboard. Try to boot into the installation with -v -x

P.s. make sure you've formatted your drives correctly ie. Unibeast using Master Boot Record, Mac Journaled HFS, and HDs using GPT/GUID, Mac Journaled HFS

I'd like to add that I update to 10.8.3 using an install from your guide with success.

Here are my specs:
Gigabyte Z77x UP4 TH
MSI nVidia GTX 670
OCZ Vector 256GB
Seagate 2TB
16GB RAM

I just updated my system using App Store update then reinstall Audio Kext since the update overwrites the audio drivers.

Note: I had to change my system definition from MacBook Pro 8,1 to Mac Pro 5,1. Using the MBP definition crashes the system when viewing videos by Quicklook which is annoying. Once you hit the space bar on a video file, Quicklook starts to show distorted magenta images. At this point, the system just freezes. I also had to remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from /System/Library/Extensions as this kext causes KP on boot when using the MacPro 5,1 definition.

Sources:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...g-quick-look-function-finder-video-files.html

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=102 says:
"Nehalem ECC RAM support, could be used for more, will have to explore more. Problem with SMBIOS's identifying model as MacPro4,1, if so then make sure to delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, not needed for 90% of systems anyway."

I'd like to add that I update to 10.8.3 using an install from your guide with success.

Here are my specs:
Gigabyte Z77x UP4 TH
MSI nVidia GTX 670
OCZ Vector 256GB
Seagate 2TB
16GB RAM

I just updated my system using App Store update then reinstall Audio Kext since the update overwrites the audio drivers.

Note: I had to change my system definition from MacBook Pro 8,1 to Mac Pro 5,1. Using the MBP definition crashes the system when viewing videos by Quicklook which is annoying. Once you hit the space bar on a video file, Quicklook starts to show distorted magenta images. At this point, the system just freezes. I also had to remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from /System/Library/Extensions as this kext causes KP on boot when using the MacPro 5,1 definition.

Sources:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...g-quick-look-function-finder-video-files.html

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=102 says:
"Nehalem ECC RAM support, could be used for more, will have to explore more. Problem with SMBIOS's identifying model as MacPro4,1, if so then make sure to delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, not needed for 90% of systems anyway."

Hello there.
I have the same spec however I can't get mountain lion with the gtx 670. Internal video card works fine but getting white screen with gtx 670.

Can I please get your multibeast settings?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back