Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH with i5 2500K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can test the internal for you when i get mine up, only difference is 3770k OCed @4.2 ghz and AMD Radeon 6870 dual fan.
I hope the ThunderBolt works with the TH Display

OK, assuming you are talking about the internal USB3.0 ports I don't see why they would be any different to the to native USB3.0 ports below the LAN connector.

It would be good to know it a Thunderbolt Display works with the motherboard's Thunderbolt ports.

So I updated the BIOS to F3 and now I'm in the same pickle as you with no working USB ports when xHCI is enabled.

However, when I was previously running F2 of the BIOS I seemed to not have any issues enabling xHCI after I was done installing ML 10.8

BTW, running 10.8.1 and all is well. Using a Thunderbolt to FW800 adapter and the external drive running smoothly too.

So, xHCI, any suggestions?

So I updated the BIOS to F3 and now I'm in the same pickle as you with no working USB ports when xHCI is enabled.

However, when I was previously running F2 of the BIOS I seemed to not have any issues enabling xHCI after I was done installing ML 10.8

BTW, running 10.8.1 and all is well. Using a Thunderbolt to FW800 adapter and the external drive running smoothly too.

So, xHCI, any suggestions?

That's interesting to know that it seems to be the F3 BIOS/UEFI that's causing the problem, we can only hope it's fixed in a future version.

As it stands, I think you are stuck with disabling xHCI and resigning yourself to the fact you have USB2.0 ports only. If you haven't already, just buy a USB bracket that you can connected to the internal USB2.0 headers.

If you need USB3 you would be best off buying a USB3.0 PCIe card that uses as controller supported by Multibeast, any one the has the NEC/Renesas chip should be alright. Do some research first as to which cards people have had success with.

I also have this board with a Sandy Bridge CPU and a Thunderbolt iMac.

Im trying to use the iMac in target display mode with Windows. Since you couldn't even get it working in Mountain Lion, do you think an Ivy Bridge processor would fix the problem?

I also have this board with a Sandy Bridge CPU and a Thunderbolt iMac.

Im trying to use the iMac in target display mode with Windows. Since you couldn't even get it working in Mountain Lion, do you think an Ivy Bridge processor would fix the problem?

It may work, then again it might not. Without trying I couldn't say for sure.

There hasn't been a real mac with either of those components used so I see no reason that you should switch from the standard mac pro 3,1 definition.

I also have the same system i7 3770k and GT 640 3,1 definition but AirPlay didn't full support (no mirroring). Do you get full support if set to 8,1 definition? Thank.

Recently i upgraded to F7 bios on this mobo and I´m running he latest OS X.

I have all the same settings in uefi like you, but i´m having trouble with sleep function.

- Computer does go to sleep
- Most times i manage to wake it up, but it would behave strangely and the background image would be all fxxx up!

- If it goes to standby few times the screen won´t show up it just stays black.

Any idea´s?

I also have the same system i7 3770k and GT 640 3,1 definition but AirPlay didn't full support (no mirroring). Do you get full support if set to 8,1 definition? Thank.

I get full Airplay support with the Macbook Pro 8,1 definition. Why don't you try it? You shouldn't break anything from trying, you can always switch it back to the Mac Pro 3,1 definition if you want later.

Recently i upgraded to F7 bios on this mobo and I´m running he latest OS X.

I have all the same settings in uefi like you, but i´m having trouble with sleep function.

- Computer does go to sleep
- Most times i manage to wake it up, but it would behave strangely and the background image would be all fxxx up!

- If it goes to standby few times the screen won´t show up it just stays black.

Any idea´s?

If your CPU has integrated graphics you should try removing the GPU and see if that fixes the problem. That will at least give you an idea if it's the graphics card causing the problem.

If your CPU has integrated graphics you should try removing the GPU and see if that fixes the problem. That will at least give you an idea if it's the graphics card causing the problem.

It´s a I5 3550 CPU, and it does have internel graphics. I will test your suggestion now.

Here is what i´m talking about.

pzPMs.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back