nVidia GA-GV770GTX 2GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys, it's me again from Germany :)

Since my last Hackintosh had a malfunction/ short circuit I considered to buy a new PC with compatible components. My choice were a GA-z77-UD5H MoBo, an i7 3770K and the
NV 770GTX from Gigabyte with 2GB GDDR5 Ram.

I don't want to beat around the bush. Let's get started.
Note: I used the Unibeast & Multibeast method. This guide assumes you already have a working Unibeast-Thumbdrive and another media (cd/ dvd/ thumb drive) with the latest Multibeast. I connected my Monitor via HDMI.

1. Assemble your PC and make sure to use only a max of 4GB Ram and the Onboard GFX.
2. I have an SSD, but I recommend to use the white SATA3-0 port for normal HDDs, too.
3. Check you BIOS/ UEFI settings. A simple Guide for new boards is described here.

Step 1 - OSX-Installation

4. I prefer to install ML first and then Win7, but you can do it either way.
5. You can run the Installation without any boot arguments. Just put in your USB-Thumb and
make sure to press F12 during the Logo-Show to boot from it.
6. As the install-screen appears navigate to the disk-utility.
7. Highlight the Name of your hdd/sdd and click "partition"
8. Make sure to choose "2 partitions" and check options to choose (if necessary) the GUID partition table.
9. Choose "Mac-OSX Journaled" for your Mac-partition and windows filesystem for your windows partition.
10. Rename your partitions as desired. Try not to use spaces.
11. click "partition"
12. close disk utility
13. Install OSX, this will take a few minutes. Take a deep breath, get a coffee and wait :)
14. Once installation is complete boot from USB-Again. This time you can choose your hdd
on the chimera screen.
15. I don't know why, but from at this point my mac did not boot. Try "PCIRootUID=1" or 0"
This worked for me.
16. Connect the USB-Drive with Multibeast
17. Run Multibeast.
18. Check the options as seen on the screenshot:
Bildschirmfoto 2013-07-03 um 16.35.52.jpg

19. If you have NO SSD you do not need to enable TRIM. If you want to use the G-Sata ports you should install the JMicron 3rdParty drivers. I also checked the "USB 3.0" Options in "misc"
20. Click "continue" to install all selected options.
21. Try a reboot to make sure your hackintosh is booting properly.
22. Shutdown your hack.
23. Disconnect the power cord
24. Install your GTX770 and (if you have) the remaining RAM-bars :)
25. Connect the Monitor with your preferred connector on the card (Only HDMI and the bottom DVI is working on my machine, DUAL-Mode is working) I used HDMI
26. connect the power cord to you pc and boot in the BIOS (F2, or F12 and chose enter setup)
27. Disable the Onboard GFX and chose "init display first" as PEG.
28. At this point it arises to check the bios settings if everything is fine.
29. Hit F10 and save your changes.
30. Chose "PCIRootUID=1". (Make sure to change your boot.plist to make this standard)

Your hack should boot properly :)

Step 2 - Installing Windows 7

31. Put in your Win7 DVD and restart your PC
32. Boot the DVD from the F12 Menu (otherwise the Installer from Windows won't let you install win7)
33. When prompted press any key
34. The installation is quite simple. Just make sure the partition you wan't to install is in the first 4 displayed on the screen. (OSX creates several other partitions during installation)
35. Windows will overwrite your bootloader, this is normal. Boot up windows and install
all required software and drivers.

36. Shutdown windows.
37. Connect your Unibeast-USB-Drive
38. Boot from USB
39. Boot OSX
40. Install the boot loader from Multibeast (only)
41. enjoy your new dual-boot system.
If you Install windows first and then OSX you can skip step 37 to 40

What is working:
- transparent System-Bar
- DVD-Player, Photo Booth
- Appstore, Itunes, iMessage, iCloud
- USB-Ports
- Dual Monitors on DVI (bottom) and HDMI
- Monitor-Sleep/ Screensaver
- TRIM
- SOUND (only tried the black output, front not tested, spdif too)
- HDMI-Onboard Port (others not tested)
- WLAN with RALINK 2070 device (from Edimax), just load the newest software: click here
(no native WiFi, you need the util from ralink to connect to WiFi)
-
Well this is my system. It works quite fine but it has some flaws:
- Until now I can't put my hack to sleep (Monitor goes off, no resume possible)
- my old Monitor with DVI is selected FIRST from the MoBo and therefor for the whole boot process is on the old screen.(about 20sec) -> I had to switch it after installation. (does not affect boot)
- Sometimes it reboots after shutdown, but i don't know why. It is not repeatable, just "sometimes".
- Firefox (somehow) can't connect to sync and some buttons (like the "x" for each tab) can not be clicked. I use Safari instead
- All my contacts from iMessage are displayed offline. (I can write messages and receive them too)
- no ripples when I add a new widget on the dashboard (is this removed from OSX?)

Additional Info: You have to install x11 separate, otherwise x11 apps won't work (like GIMP)
I migrated my Apps from my old TimeMachine Drive. Microsoft Office needs to be activated again..., other Software (textwrangler) needs to be activated again with applie ID and password.
iTunes needs to be updated, it seems my old hack had a newer iTunes than the one which came with Mountain Lion.

Now it's your turn.
Build your own hack and let me know if you have any troubles if you have similar hardware.

good hack
best
xtrasteven
Bildschirmfoto 2013-07-03 um 17.29.29.pngBildschirmfoto 2013-07-03 um 17.28.46.pngBildschirmfoto 2013-07-03 um 17.29.36.pngBildschirmfoto 2013-07-03 um 17.29.13.pngBildschirmfoto 2013-07-03 um 17.29.23.png

I would very much like to build this exact system (although perhaps with different types of hard drives) if i were to get stuck during the process would you be able to direct me at all?

I've been having troubles and our builds are very similar. Going to use this guide up to a certain point and I'll update you with how it went. Thanks man

everything is fine except I'm wondering, how do you add PCIRootUID=1 to the boot.plist properly?

First of all. Vielen Dank xtrasteven für den super guide! Finally everything is working out fine!

everything is fine except I'm wondering, how do you add PCIRootUID=1 to the boot.plist properly?

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Hey Guys, it's me again from Germany :)

Since my last Hackintosh had a malfunction/ short circuit I considered to buy a new PC with compatible components. My choice were a GA-z77-UD5H MoBo, an i7 3770K and the
NV 770GTX from Gigabyte with 2GB GDDR5 Ram.

I don't want to beat around the bush. Let's get started.
Note: I used the Unibeast & Multibeast method. This guide assumes you already have a working Unibeast-Thumbdrive and another media (cd/ dvd/ thumb drive) with the latest Multibeast. I connected my Monitor via HDMI.

1. Assemble your PC and make sure to use only a max of 4GB Ram and the Onboard GFX.
2. I have an SSD, but I recommend to use the white SATA3-0 port for normal HDDs, too.
3. Check you BIOS/ UEFI settings. A simple Guide for new boards is described here.

Step 1 - OSX-Installation

4. I prefer to install ML first and then Win7, but you can do it either way.
5. You can run the Installation without any boot arguments. Just put in your USB-Thumb and
make sure to press F12 during the Logo-Show to boot from it.
6. As the install-screen appears navigate to the disk-utility.
7. Highlight the Name of your hdd/sdd and click "partition"
8. Make sure to choose "2 partitions" and check options to choose (if necessary) the GUID partition table.
9. Choose "Mac-OSX Journaled" for your Mac-partition and windows filesystem for your windows partition.
10. Rename your partitions as desired. Try not to use spaces.
11. click "partition"
12. close disk utility
13. Install OSX, this will take a few minutes. Take a deep breath, get a coffee and wait :)
14. Once installation is complete boot from USB-Again. This time you can choose your hdd
on the chimera screen.
15. I don't know why, but from at this point my mac did not boot. Try "PCIRootUID=1" or 0"
This worked for me.
16. Connect the USB-Drive with Multibeast
17. Run Multibeast.
18. Check the options as seen on the screenshot:
View attachment 60591

19. If you have NO SSD you do not need to enable TRIM. If you want to use the G-Sata ports you should install the JMicron 3rdParty drivers. I also checked the "USB 3.0" Options in "misc"
20. Click "continue" to install all selected options.
21. Try a reboot to make sure your hackintosh is booting properly.
22. Shutdown your hack.
23. Disconnect the power cord
24. Install your GTX770 and (if you have) the remaining RAM-bars :)
25. Connect the Monitor with your preferred connector on the card (Only HDMI and the bottom DVI is working on my machine, DUAL-Mode is working) I used HDMI
26. connect the power cord to you pc and boot in the BIOS (F2, or F12 and chose enter setup)
27. Disable the Onboard GFX and chose "init display first" as PEG.
28. At this point it arises to check the bios settings if everything is fine.
29. Hit F10 and save your changes.
30. Chose "PCIRootUID=1". (Make sure to change your boot.plist to make this standard)

Your hack should boot properly :)

View attachment 60603View attachment 60600View attachment 60604View attachment 60601View attachment 60602

(Make sure to change your boot.plist to make this standard)

BEFORE INSTALLING ML.

If you remove GTX 770, why? Disable the Onboard GFX and chose "init display first" as PEG.[/B]
because, i believe If i remove GTX 770, i will need to allocate on board graphic. maybe [64mb]

i missed this above part. Where do you change boot.plist? on the unibeast or on ML partition.

(note i can also use MacDrive on windows to edit boot.plist on the Mac Partion Drive)

Help i need to Install this.

Hi, sorry guys.
I forgot to subscribe to this Post to help you. Well I hope it is not too late :)

iC_D said:
I would very much like to build this exact system (although perhaps with different types of hard drives) if i were to get stuck during the process would you be able to direct me at all?

I think so :)

@JasenJ
If you still have any troubles do not hesitate to ask.

@Justieh
I'm glad to you that my gude is working for you.
Since you have said everything is working, how about the flaws i mentioned? Did you manage to get rid of them? How?

(Make sure to change your boot.plist to make this standard)

BEFORE INSTALLING ML.

If you remove GTX 770, why? Disable the Onboard GFX and chose "init display first" as PEG.[/B]
because, i believe If i remove GTX 770, i will need to allocate on board graphic. maybe [64mb]

i missed this above part. Where do you change boot.plist? on the unibeast or on ML partition.

(note i can also use MacDrive on windows to edit boot.plist on the Mac Partion Drive)

Help i need to Install this.

Could you please clarify you question?
Where did you get stuck?
What did you do so far?

Well I will try to answer your questions:
* I did not removed my gtx770. I installed windows and Mountain Lion with onboard gfx. Once everything was Done I installed the gfx-card (steps 22-30)
* You don't have to disable the onboard gfx. I did it in case of any problem while booting into OSX (e.g. Display not working)
I did this to make it more easy to find out, where the problem might be located.
* If you want to use the integrated gfx you can use 64Mb, this should work.
* While Installing ML with UniBeast, I just typed the Bootflag PCIRootUID=1, once you have it installed you can edit you boot.plist in your /extra/ folder.
I won't recommend that. Maybe your permissions will be f**** up afterwards.
Boot into ML with your UniBeast Stick.
If you wish you can boot with single-mode (-s flag), navigate to the /extra/ folder and edit your plist file with nano

best regards

xtrasteven

Hey,

thank you for the guide got almost the same hardware but have never successfully setup a hackintosh...

If I use PCIRootUID=1 I am getting only a black screen and then no signal after boot.
If I use PCIRootUID=0 I am getting a kernel panic error.

System is working without the GTX 770 as you described.

Any advice?

Hey,

thank you for the guide got almost the same hardware but have never successfully setup a hackintosh...

If I use PCIRootUID=1 I am getting only a black screen and then no signal after boot.
If I use PCIRootUID=0 I am getting a kernel panic error.

System is working without the GTX 770 as you described.

Any advice?

Did you use GraphicsEnabler?
Can you try with disabled integrated Gfx?
Please upload a picture of your kernel panic (try verbose boot)

best

xtrasteven

Yep tried all combinations with GraphicsEnabler Yes/No and PCIRootUID 1/0.

The IGFX are disabled.

Thats what the verbose mode looks like.

http://i.imgur.com/qNX5Aip.jpg

Attachments

• qNX5Aip.jpg
    qNX5Aip.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 604
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back