Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

inc said:
The kernel panic will tell you the cause. What does the last couple of lines tell you?

But I am in the graphic enviroment, so I don't know.
Where could I See a report?

Since Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H is being phased out, do you think Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 will work? Not sure what the difference is between these two mobos.

I finally got a stable installation. I must use the dsdt from database during the multibeast installation.

Hope could help someone else :)

So here goes my first post! heh

Ok finally got initial install and ssd errors fixed. now i'm having trouble with my amd sapphire radeon 6870. i've tried doing the duckweed string in my chameleon.plist, and also modifying the ati6000 kext (didn't do anything).

The issue is that if i leave GraphicsEnabler/PCIRootUID=0, I can boot fine. But The computer won't really see my GPU. It says it's plugged in the gigabyte mobo (ga-z68x-ud3h-b8), but says it only has 3 megs of vram, and the only resolution I can have is 1200x768

If I turn GraphicsEnabler=Yes, I'll get a freeze at the spinning apple white screen. Well, the circle thingy doesn't freeze, but it never progresses past that point. I've been trying everything I can find and nothing seems to work/get OS X to play nicely with the card. (Hooked up using DVI) :banghead:

anything that strikes you guys that I'm doing wrong?

EDIT 1: Used multi-beast to repair permissions etc, and now it's freezing on a white screen with just a pointer, for both Yes/No/1/0. Gah that's worse than before :banghead:

thehadgi said:
So here goes my first post! heh

Ok finally got initial install and ssd errors fixed. now i'm having trouble with my amd sapphire radeon 6870. i've tried doing the duckweed string in my chameleon.plist, and also modifying the ati6000 kext (didn't do anything).

The issue is that if i leave GraphicsEnabler/PCIRootUID=0, I can boot fine. But The computer won't really see my GPU. It says it's plugged in the gigabyte mobo (ga-z68x-ud3h-b8), but says it only has 3 megs of vram, and the only resolution I can have is 1200x768

If I turn GraphicsEnabler=Yes, I'll get a freeze at the spinning apple white screen. Well, the circle thingy doesn't freeze, but it never progresses past that point. I've been trying everything I can find and nothing seems to work/get OS X to play nicely with the card. (Hooked up using DVI) :banghead:

anything that strikes you guys that I'm doing wrong?

EDIT 1: Used multi-beast to repair permissions etc, and now it's freezing on a white screen with just a pointer, for both Yes/No/1/0. Gah that's worse than before :banghead:
If you are using the DSDT, you shouldn't need to do anything else except run MB selecting UserDSDT option (and Trim for the ssd). Try booting with -v verbose mode to see where it hangs.

If you are using the DSDT, you shouldn't need to do anything else except run MB selecting UserDSDT option (and Trim for the ssd). Try booting with -v verbose mode to see where it hangs.

Ok so in the meantime I re-installed lion and everything and did everything the same, except didn't modify the ati6000 kext. So basically, my machine pretty much runs perfectly; except for the fact I have no graphics support.

So I guess it's something with the ati6000 kext? Still running GraphicsEnabler=No, when I try 'Yes' system hangs

Ran -v and didn't hang up or anything, booted fine o_O

EDIT 1: Reading through every sapphire 6870 post on the forum... why oh why did i end up with this card :facepalm:

EDIT 2: AHH! Finally progress! Ok so it hit me that since I had to move the ati6000 and atiradeonx3000 kexts to the root of my usb boot drive at the beginning of installation, that might be why i was having issues. Sure enough, I dragged those to the desktop from the boot usb and used kextbeast to put them back onto my SSD extensions folder, and now i'm getting proper recognization! recognized as 6xxx because I'm assuming im in graphicsenabler=no, so going to reboot and try yes

EDIT 3: Perfect! Running duckweed with grpahicsenabler=yes. solved my gpu issue. now to track down the sleep issue, and also a jumpy wireless mac mouse.... hm

Instead of more edits... solved the jumpy mouse by re-plugging the bluetooth adapter onto the front of my corsair 400r from the back. woo!

You, sir, are amazing!
I just built my first Hackintosh and followed your guide to the core and it worked flawlessly.
Everything works including iCloud, Sleep, WiFi etc. :)

Thank you so much! i'm going to post a thread about my build soon!

best regards

Ih gordo,
Sorry for my bad English.

I've follow this guide to install ML and works fine.

But I noticed some difference between MultiBeast png screenshot in your post and MultiBeast screenshot in your pdf guide.

In the png screenshot of your first post you check only:
UserDSDT
ALC8xx
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
USB 3.0
LnxMac's Realtek

Instead in PDF you check also:
3rdParty eSATA
FakeSMC
FakeSMC Plugins -> Motherboard Plugin
64-bit Apple Boot Screen

I'm confused, what is the best way?
I've installed ML following the png screenshot and not PDF.

I used DSDT for F12 firmware.

Thank you!

ps: I've a Crucial M4 SSD, I must select TRIM support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back