Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

boathouse said:
Since my build is going to be almost identical to yours im studying this guide so i can do this perfect, Im confused at,

"After reboot, put the rBoot DVD back in (or boot to UniBeast Drive)"

If I boot into my unibeast install USB how can I boot into the OS with it?

Because the next step is,

Hover over your new OSX install and then hit enter

Simply can I just after the reboot from installation, pop in iboot and boot that way, what im not understanding is how you can boot the OSX with just the Unibeast USB?
Whether you use the bootstrap on rBoot or Unibeast, you have the option to select a different volume to boot from. "Hover" over the new OSX is the same as highlighting it with the right or left arrow keys. Once highlighted, hit the Enter key to continue booting from the selected volume.

ghorwith said:
boathouse said:
Since my build is going to be almost identical to yours im studying this guide so i can do this perfect, Im confused at,

Simply can I just after the reboot from installation, pop in iboot and boot that way, what im not understanding is how you can boot the OSX with just the Unibeast USB?
Whether you use the bootstrap on rBoot or Unibeast, you have the option to select a different volume to boot from. "Hover" over the new OSX is the same as highlighting it with the right or left arrow keys. Once highlighted, hit the Enter key to continue booting from the selected volume.
So you are saying unibeast adds a bootloader to the install usb??

because I plan on just using diskutility restore button to put the lion.dmg to my usb

theres no way to boot after the lion install with just the install usb..?

boathouse said:
ghorwith said:
boathouse said:

So you are saying unibeast adds a bootloader to the install usb??

because I plan on just using diskutility restore button to put the lion.dmg to my usb

theres no way to boot after the lion install with just the install usb..?
Yes, of course. The USB is formatted with a MBR. When you use unibeast to create a usb to install OS X, Chimera is copied to the usb and that's what bootstraps the installation of OS X. Without that (or some similar bootstrap program), a PC can't install OS X.
Just using the disk utility to restore the lion.dmg to the usb will not work. That's why TonyMac, MacMan and crew created Unibeast.

ghorwith said:
Yes, of course. The USB is formatted with a MBR. When you use unibeast to create a usb to install OS X, Chimera is copied to the usb and that's what bootstraps the installation of OS X. Without that (or some similar bootstrap program), a PC can't install OS X.
Just using the disk utility to restore the lion.dmg to the usb will not work. That's why TonyMac, MacMan and crew created Unibeast.
Thank you soooooo much for clearing that up, I was wondering why no one was just using the restore thing like i thought you could.

I need to borrow my friends snow leopard so I can install that first with i boot, then use unibeast to create the chimera+bootable lion usb. then clean install from there !?

boathouse said:
ghorwith said:
Thank you soooooo much for clearing that up, I was wondering why no one was just using the restore thing like i thought you could.

I need to borrow my friends snow leopard so I can install that first with i boot, then use unibeast to create the chimera+bootable lion usb. then clean install from there !?

If you're starting from scratch, there's no need to start with SL. Assuming you have a) purchased lion, and have access to a computer with SL or Lion already running, download 10.7.4 and use Unibeast to create the usb installer.

ghorwith said:
boathouse said:
ghorwith said:

If you're starting from scratch, there's no need to start with SL. Assuming you have a) purchased lion, and have access to a computer with SL or Lion already running, download 10.7.4 and use Unibeast to create the usb installer.
I was going to buy the usb from apple. But that price, forget it. Im going to borrow my friends MBP and buy lion then use the 16gb usb im gonna get an use unibeast. I really dont want to have to start with SL. I do however have a copy i got from my friend of SL.

i get the following KP please help been trying to install lion on my GA- z68xp-ud3r for a whole week now!

panic(cpu 6 caller 0x55f11a): "process 1 exec of /sbin/lanchid failed, errno 2"@/sourceCache/xnu.xnu-16699.22.73/bsd/kern/kern_exec.c:3558
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 6), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
0x91033e78 : 0x22032e (0x6abfc 0x91033e98 0x229ef0 0x0)
0x91933ea8 : 0x55f11a (0x6fbb70 0x831a08 0x2 0xc)
0x91033f08 : 0x54388e (0x1a633c20 0x1fe 0x193b9e00 0x80000001)
0x91033f38 : 0x571aa9 (0x19f2e000 0xffffffff 0x91033f88 0x240e1f)
0x91033f78 : 0x21d966 (0x19f2e000 0xffffff7f 0x91033fa8 0x22f720)
0x91033fa8 : 0x2cc142 (0xffffffff 0x1 0x1a537e5c 0x1a1c5000)
0x91033fc8 : 0x2e2e04 (0x0 0x0 0x2c5d1b 0x1941dcd0)

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: init
Boot args: boot-uuid=1BE8CDEE-82F0-31B8-BF11-5AE29D07FE6B rd=*uuid arch-i386 PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 -f

This thread is for the Z68X-UD3H-B3. Your question is off-topic here and you're not likely to get a response that you want.

When you do open a thread for your issue remember to tell us when you are getting the kernel panic and how you have performed the install.

Sorry just starting multi-booting Mac-Win7 and using Chimera?

I get bios Loading OS........... seems like forever before I get Chimera menu. Is this normal?

Also checked my USB 3.0 and doesn't appear to be working. Are the front USB ports also 3.0?

Edit: Well, I played around with some Bios settings and it is much improved. But, can anyone tell me how to configure Chimera to show choices longer for OS's?

I to all, I already made a Lion installation on my old Core2, now I decide to upgrade my pc and I bought this:
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (F12)
i7 2700K
ATI 6850 1Gb
16Gb Corsair Vengance Blue
WD 1Tb

I made the Lion installation through usb pen drive and goes well.
At first boot I install Multibeast 4.6.1 with the same option checked on the guide, next reboot I could finish Lion to boot, but after few minutes I get a KP :(

I also try: installation, reboot, BridgeHelper, Multibeast, reboot
With the same result :(

I made only a change in the guide, my WD is 4k sector, so I need to manually unmount the drive and copy boot1h on it, otherwise I can load the bootloader.

Where is my fault? There is a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back