Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

dsmturbo said:
jester969 said:

And you get Sound? I have nothing in my System Preferences/Sound
And I don't have a OSX86 Software box to check as per image

Okay I re-ran Multibeast and I must have checked something I should not have as now get a Panic Kernel error. I assume I have to boot from Unibeast USB and re-install?

I think perhaps I checked Mac Pro5,1 setting which it does not like.

Also, before I had no sound, as well as no SATA3

After I did the 10.7.4 update and re-ran my CustomBeast installer, I made the same edits to my ATI6000 kext that I did previously but it wouldn't identify correctly on boot. I was losing my mind and then decided to ditch Chimera and run with Chameleon Wizard's latest build of Chameleon and everything was fine.

I don't know if the newer builds of Chimera would have worked correctly or not, but I don't have a preference for chimera versus chameleon beyond "does my stuff work", so if you're having problems with your framebuffer personality, try a different boot loader if you're up for it.

inc said:
After I did the 10.7.4 update and re-ran my CustomBeast installer, I made the same edits to my ATI6000 kext that I did previously but it wouldn't identify correctly on boot. I was losing my mind and then decided to ditch Chimera and run with Chameleon Wizard's latest build of Chameleon and everything was fine.

I don't know if the newer builds of Chimera would have worked correctly or not, but I don't have a preference for chimera versus chameleon beyond "does my stuff work", so if you're having problems with your framebuffer personality, try a different boot loader if you're up for it.

I am not too sure what that means, sorry a real noob here. really the only problems I seem to be having are no sound and not too sure if my SATA 3 works. I somewhere got a file called as below that I haven't used and not too sure what it is or if I need it:

2613-DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD3H-FLYM4N.aml

EDIT: Sorry, I also have a folder called Kexts for sound 10.7.2 HD audio 3000 and I never used it

EDITed:
Okay, I followed the exact image in post 1, and rre-ran Multibeast re-checking all I had done before plus a couple I missed...oopps.
I now have sound, wahoo
I'll try SATA 3 later on

All you people on here 'Rock'

dsmturbo said:
I am not too sure what that means, sorry a real noob here.

I was posting a message to this build thread for general information, not in response to your post(s). Your problems are solved by following the instructions on the first post of this thread.

I am going to do my first hackintosh with the z68 motherboard and core i5-2500k. I want to install os lion but am confused as to if i need a mac or hackintosh already to do this install? Thank you for your help

inc said:
dsmturbo said:
I am not too sure what that means, sorry a real noob here.

I was posting a message to this build thread for general information, not in response to your post(s). Your problems are solved by following the instructions on the first post of this thread.

If I offended you, I apologize

ryno84 said:
I am going to do my first hackintosh with the z68 motherboard and core i5-2500k. I want to install os lion but am confused as to if i need a mac or hackintosh already to do this install? Thank you for your help
You need to either have access to a Mac (a friend's? school?) to download the Install Lion app using the tonymacx86 UniBeast Installation Guide or tonymacx86's Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide.

Since my build is going to be almost identical to yours im studying this guide so i can do this perfect, Im confused at,

"After reboot, put the rBoot DVD back in (or boot to UniBeast Drive)"

If I boot into my unibeast install USB how can I boot into the OS with it?

Because the next step is,

Hover over your new OSX install and then hit enter

Simply can I just after the reboot from installation, pop in iboot and boot that way, what im not understanding is how you can boot the OSX with just the Unibeast USB?

pehera said:
Hi Gordo 74
Hav you tried the new UEFI bios U1h (rev 1.0 and rev 1.3)
http://www.gigabyte.eu/products/product ... =3973#bios
I took the plunge and applied the UEFI U1h.

Unless you have a machine with dual boot to windows and are running a 32-bit version, you'll need to create a bootable usb with something like windows 98, since you must use the utility FLASHEFI.EXE that comes with the bios upgrade.
In addition, there appears to be no turning back once you upgrade. I tried to re-flash the bios with F12 (which I had previously), and got an error whether I tried with the flash utility or from the flash option in the bios.

The old dsdt.aml I used for the F12 bios version now caused kp (not unexpected). Had to delete it from terminal mode, boot with rboot and build a new dsdt.aml with DSDTSE from evo. Rather than apply audio patches, I used MB and selected ALC88xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback, and non-DSDT HDAenabler for ALC892.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back