Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

jester969 said:
It is up to your preference.

Well I can't flash bios under Win8, Gigabyte utilities don't install. Win 8 looks like a phone, not near like iOS and Mac LOL

I think I'll install Mac OS to ssd and Winblows etc to other drive. I'll place data and storage and apps on there as well.

Sorry, I forgot to ask, is there a preference on which to install 1st? Or does it not matter if I am using separate hard drives?

EDIT: Sorry guys, I keep forgetting. I have Lion on a USB. Do I boot with rBoot DVD and then insert USB?

This may have been answered elsewhere, but I've had no luck finding it:

I've just created a Unibeast USB stick with the latest 10.7.4 installer from the app store. Is the combo update step from the original post still necessary? Should I be (re)installing the 10.7.4 combo update, then Multibeast, or can I simply run Multibeast, restart, and be good to go?

Thanks in advance. It's amazing the amount of work you and this community have put in to make this process so wonderfully understandable.

dsmturbo said:
jester969 said:

Well I can't flash bios under Win8, Gigabyte utilities don't install. Win 8 looks like a phone, not near like iOS and Mac LOL

I think I'll install Mac OS to ssd and Winblows etc to other drive. I'll place data and storage and apps on there as well.

Sorry, I forgot to ask, is there a preference on which to install 1st? Or does it not matter if I am using separate hard drives?

EDIT: Sorry guys, I keep forgetting. I have Lion on a USB. Do I boot with rBoot DVD and then insert USB?

Follow the guide here...lower bottom of page.

Single/Dual/Triple Booting Guide on one or separate HDDs/SSDs by GoingBald

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20872

Unibeast (Lion installation)

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

jester969 said:
dsmturbo said:
jester969 said:

Follow the guide here...lower bottom of page.

Single/Dual/Triple Booting Guide on one or separate HDDs/SSDs by GoingBald

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20872

Unibeast (Lion installation)

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

As always, much appreciated. I will check the guides

Okay I have it up and running, but not getting any audio. I chose Realtec from Multibeast and also apple roolback option?
Did I miss something?

drgnmsr said:
Hello, I am trying to get the Optical SPDIF Out to work on this board/video card combo with OS X 10.7.4. Everything else is working flawlessly, including Built-In Internal Speakers, but I would like to connect this board to my 1000w Sony BRAVIA DAV-DZ170 Home Theater System . I read through this forum, and many others so far, and could not find any answers that worked for me. I downloaded the latest DSDT.aml from the DSDT Database for F12, but I can not seem to find an appropriate kext for the audio, and I have probably tried about a dozen from difference forums. Please advise and ask me any specifications that you need. Thanks. :)

Okay, I finally got sound out of the Optical SPDIF Out to work, but it is only stereo through Audio MIDI Setup, the Encoded Digital Audio feature does not work," and also "The selected devise has no output controls" in System Preferences. :( Also, I have read from other forums that they were able to get 5.1 Surround, but am still only getting Stereo. Please advise, and ask me any specifications that you need. Thanks.

dsmturbo said:
Okay I have it up and running, but not getting any audio. I chose Realtec from Multibeast and also apple roolback option?
Did I miss something?

Attachments

• Default Audio.png
    Default Audio.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 218

jester969 said:
dsmturbo said:
Did I miss something?

That is what I checked in Multibeast Jester, although I do not have a OSX System portion listed. I had forgotten to check the Apple Rollback the 1st time so I just re-ran Multibeast and rebooted.
I also checked networking which works, and User DSDT using bios F12 .aml
If that okay to do or do I have to start over? Can I run Multibeast more than once I mean?

And I am just going to Donate again to this awesome place with all the wonderful people.

Yes

jester969 said:

And you get Sound? I have nothing in my System Preferences/Sound
And I don't have a OSX86 Software box to check as per image

Attachments

• MultiBeast Options Lion.png
    MultiBeast Options Lion.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 290
Status
Not open for further replies.