Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

Ok, fixed my DSDT manually and now its working without problems.

How to create a Lion recovery installer partition at least with my setup this assumes you have snow leopard or lion already installed this will probably work on other boards or USB sticks as well:

1. Format a partition to 6gb or more mac os extended (journaled)
2. Erase that partition if there is any old data it will not work
3. Use xmove to install your 10.7.0 lion app to your partition if it fails, mount installESD.dmg and yes it may say a ridiculous time (30min or more) just be patient it will install eventually the timer lies
4. While using lion or snow leopard use multi beast lion edition to install mac pro 3,1 smbios and user dsdt with your DSDT.aml on your desktop I also installed some other options in multi beast such as what gordo74 said on page 1 but not smbios 5,1 it will not work.
5. If you need MBR which I did since I multi boot windows and linux partitions on the same drive patch your installer partition with nawcom's mbr patch
6. Reboot and I used these boot flags to get into the installer since I have a quad core cpus=1 -x you can add these to your org.chameleon.boot.plist kernel flags also to make it more seamless

:headbang:

hi ! ive got freezes while surfing (firefox)... games are okay on evga 560ti 1024 mb
someone know how to get information why my system freezes ?
ive googled a while about it ... the problem is only while running firefox !

second problem its that network is running every 2. time booting.

setup is
i5 and 16 gb 1600 corsair ram

thx

hi. it's a good looking guide here and I was wondering if I could use this guide to install Snow Leopard on my computer..
the hardware that I have bought is:
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Intel Core i5 2500 Boxed
Radeon HD6850 op 775MHz with 1GB GDDR5
8GB Dual Channel DDR3-kit
600 watt power supply with 80-plus-certification

Is it possible to install Snow Leopard on it and have everything working well?
I don't really care if the on-board video isn't working properly because I got the radeon hd6850 for video.

I used this guide with perfect success. I let my system sit next to me with the guts out while I burned it in for a week. Once I buttoned everything up and tried to put the machine back in it's cave, it started doing something very weird.

Sleep works, but upon shutdown, the computer starts back up again. I'm baffled. I've tripled checked my bios and I haven't installed any new software.

Anyone have any ideas? I've run out of things to try.

-edit- I cleared my Cmos with no success. Being insane I tried it again and again. Eventually, my problem was solved. Who knows.

System works really great. This build is terrific.

I have to boot with -x every time and after multi beast the is no chance to start in any mode. in -s the system freezes because of the audio drivers.

has anyone an idea?

*Update*
Got it, Used a i5 2400K with Intel 2000 Graphics. Going to buy a new GC later.
Note for myself: Read first, buy later :)

Think the audio problem was because of my HDMI-connection, i didn´t had this problem using DVI. I will switch to Display Port when i install the new card.

Mine goes to sleep fine, but loses all his USB upon wake up. (10.6.8)

Tried USBFix in bootloader but it didn't help. Is there any DSDT workaround, or patching RTC is the only way?

First of all I want to thank you for this build. This was my first Hackintosh and things went pretty well with just a little bit of troubleshooting. Sleeping even magically works.

I'm using a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 of course + GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024 MB (EVGA) + 8 gigs of ram and a seasonic xseries 650w PSU.

The only problem I'm having at this point is shutting down and restarting. Periodically shutting down will result in a grey crash screen. Restarting from the exit menu almost always ends in a grey screen, but I'm typically able to restart with no problems if I use the restart option within a program installer.

After these crashes I sometime have a cmos error, sometimes it just boots as normal, that just requires me to boot back using the last good boot settings. It anyone having trouble like this?

Thanks in advance.

I also built a computer similar in specs to this (8 GB of RAM, 1 TB HDD, AMD 6850 1 GB video card), and everything works great, except for the boot loader. I know that it has to to do with my HDD, and I have found guides on how to fix the issue.

I was able to get USB 3.0 to work by installing the drivers. After installing them, everything worked great. My USB 3.0 external HDD was picked up just fine and the speeds are excellent.

Everything worked out a lot smoother than I had expected. I feel like I'm getting all of the functionality and performance out of this. I found Unibeast to be extremely easy to use. I spent less time setting up Lion than I did setting up Windows 7.

There's just one little bug with the Ethernet. If I take the cord out of the port and reconnect it, it self-assigns itself an IP address and I have to restart to get Internet back working. It's not a big deal now that I replaced the ethernet cable with one that has non-broken ends on it. I was just wondering if there is a quick way to get internet back up and running without having to restart.

Total noob here. I've literally spent over a month trying to do my first Hackintosh and feel like I'm so close thanks to this terrific guide. But my wife is sick and tired of me having computer parts strewn about...she just cares about Windows, so I'm trying not to get cut off! Before I start messing around with Kexts, etc. (BIG learning curve for me), I'm basically trying to understand if I'm doing something wrong with the items below and SHOULD be able to have the functionality I'm looking for, or if I need to get up the learning curve fast. Help, please! (Build description further below).

So, a couple questions--I've read this whole guide and lots of other forums and can't seem to find these answers:

- For those who have audio working, is ANYONE actually getting audio over HDMI? I can get front panel audio to work fine, but can't for the life of me get HDMI. I've tried and returned the single fan XFX 6870 (NOISY fan, not recommended without mods), then dual fan XFX 6870, now tri-fan Gigabyte 6870. Nothing. If anyone has it working, did it happen automatically with install per guide, or did you have to mess around with it? Any links to guides you'd recommend?

- Are people getting full video acceleration (QE/IC) with any of the aforementioned cards immediately with install? Or does it necessitate screwing around with Kexts, etc. as detailed in the video link in FAQs?

- If I just plug in the Mac OSX SSD (all other SATA devices unplugged), it does the Gigabyte post, quickly loads Chimera and then boots fast right into Lion. HOWEVER, if I plug in the Win 7 OS drive to allow dual booting, Chimera takes a LOOOONG time to load after post, though then Win/Mac OSX boot very quickly once I finally get to Chimera. It feels like 5x to 10x as long from power on to using either Win or Mac with both drives plugged in and booting into Chimera vs. only having one drive plugged in. Any thoughts? Wife will want it to load quickly and auto-boot into Win, not Mac--so any help as to how to change default drive for auto-boot would also be much appreciated!!

- Any updates to this post that I should be aware of, given the new Chimera & MultiBeast updates since posting of this guide?

My HW is nearly identical to that recommended: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 v1.3 (F10 !), i7-2600K, 16 GB Corsair 1600 MHz. Had issues getting UniBeast install onto M4 SSD (drive not recognized or able to format on Mac, Win or Unix, so RMA'd. Replacement drive worked great on Win 7, not Mac. Samsung 830 worked immediately and is TERRIFIC.) Various 6870 cards (see above). SSDs are running on the 6 Gbps Intel SATA connections. Then a CD-ROM drive and a 750 GB HDD for data (shared between Mac & Windows) on the Intel 3 Gbps SATA. So now I'm dual-booting Win 7 SP1 & 10.7.2, but with issues above.

Thanks so much, everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back