Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

did anyone noticed that fans in case are louder in Lion? can anyone explain me why? and how to fix it....

GA-Z68X-UD4-B3

Just thought I would say thanks for the guide, I followed this guide to successfully install 10.7.2 on my Z68X-UD4 board.

I used the DSDT for my board and a UserDSDT install.

The only difference between your install and mine is that I used the Realtek Driver rather than the Lnx2mac driver as the lnx2mac driver did not provide me with any visible interface for ethernet.

Sleep is not working (it never did for me with snow leopard either) but with lion, who cares, I just shutdown.

Re: GA-Z68X-UD4-B3

wyzest1 said:
The only difference between your install and mine is that I used the Realtek Driver rather than the Lnx2mac driver as the lnx2mac driver did not provide me with any visible interface for ethernet.

Do NOT use the Official Realtek drivers, see the FAQ if the Ethernet in Multibeast does not work!

Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with httATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

My ethernet is not working, I tried using the Lnx2mac kext, didnt work, tryed downloading a new one from the website and installing it with kext wizard but it did no good, than I installed the "Gigabit Ethernet" one from multibeast and its working. I have read in this topic that I should not use that one. Why is that?

BTW: App store says "Your device or computer cant be verified.", what to do?

:D
At first of all: big THANK YOU to Gordo for his great guide & all the others with usefull hints.

My first Hackintosh seems to work! First attempt ended up in beeing stuck while booting without rBoot, and finally i had to sleep about it...

SUCSESS today with starting from scratch and making a fresh install with 10.7.2 installer directly and MB 4.0.3. - everything else exactly like in the guide - I'm deeply impressed!

For those who are interested in Audio-Interfaces:
I have a M-Audio Profire lightbridge. Used installer 'FireWire_OSX_1_10_3.dmg' and could instantly use it! Still have to test it in logic for full functionality, but i'll keep you posted;)

:headbang:

I followed this guide and it worked perfectly for my system running gigabtye Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard with F10 bios, Intel i3-2105, running built in Intel HD 3000 graphics, Dual monitors, 8GB DDR3-1333 RAM, 1TB main drive, few other larger non-OS drives, running 10.7.2 with no problems.

I did want to share that you can easily do DVI and HDMI dual output to output to two monitors. I am using Monoprice's http://goo.gl/otUJy HDMI -> DVI converter, which got in the way of my other DVI plug, so I modified the DVI plug by cutting off part of it so it would fit and it works great. Dual monitors with no problems.

Thank you for this lovely guide!

~Foxglove

IMG_7731.jpg

IMG_7740.jpg

IMG_7746.jpg

IMG_7751.jpg

I recently updated from a p45 based board to the z68x-UDH3-B3. The only issue for me and it's a big one as I'm a photographer is Hot swapping doesn't work on the rear Esata port. It was working on my previous board. The esata drives are recognized at startup but if you try and swap it isn't recognized. Anyone else with this board have esata hot swap working on the rear panel (intel 6)

packrobottom said:
I recently updated from a p45 based board to the z68x-UDH3-B3. The only issue for me and it's a big one as I'm a photographer is Hot swapping doesn't work on the rear Esata port. It was working on my previous board. The esata drives are recognized at startup but if you try and swap it isn't recognized. Anyone else with this board have esata hot swap working on the rear panel (intel 6)

Hot swap will not work, it will only work if you boot up with it being plugged in. I remember someone early on doing DSDT edits to get it to work... do a search for it.

I finally put a system together and so far everything seems to working perfectly.

Thanks Gordo for an excellent guide!!

One thing I haven't figured out is if the Speed Step is working or not and I am not sure how to tell and also it seems like it takes forever to come out of sleep. I did have an issue with CMOS Reset after going into sleep, but apply the fix to AppleRTC.kext seems to fix that issue but the timing issue is still outstanding. Any Ideas?

I have Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-F8 v1.3 running Mac OS X 10.7.2. Everything is superb thus far, thanks to this fantastic guide. However, I went to test a few things tonight and noticed the following:

1. Firewire on the motherboard does not work even though System Profiler shows:

FireWire Bus:
Maximum Speed: Up to 400 Mb/sec

2. The blue USB ports on the back do not work, however all others are.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

UPDATE: So I have 2 external hard disk enclosures. One is a PHR-S250CC while the other is a PHR-S250UAB. When I plug in the PHR-S250CC the drive mounts. However, when I plug in the PHR-S250UAB it does not. I thought perhaps there wasn't enough power going to the enclosure, so I hooked up another firewire cable with no success. I also hooked up a DC connector, also without success. This same enclosure works fine when I connect it by way of 800-400 firewire cable to a MacBook Pro. The drive inside the PHR-S250UAB works fine if I connect it to the machine using USB. So I'm stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back