Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ive been trying to get my system up and running but I do have one question. I have a 3rd gen i5 processor 3570K and I had to borrow a 2nd gen processor to get this thing to work any help on getting the i5 to work instead of the i3 2nd gen?

Did anyone of you trie to update to 10.7.5?

Did anyone of you trie to update to 10.7.5?

Just posting here to say I just updated to 10.7.5 (a bit late, but I've been afraid to touch it lol), and once again it seems my old problem of enabling graphics and the second display has returned.

My plan is to try to go back and re-patch/write the kext I got from a great user over at --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-connectors-to-work/page__st__40#entry1811740

I'm wodnering if maybe during the 10.7.5 update, that ati6000 kext got overwritten back to the default kext which didn't work. so hopefully if i replace that with the solution kext from the link above, it will work!

I shall report back my findings after work today :]

Just posting here to say I just updated to 10.7.5 (a bit late, but I've been afraid to touch it lol), and once again it seems my old problem of enabling graphics and the second display has returned.

My plan is to try to go back and re-patch/write the kext I got from a great user over at --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-connectors-to-work/page__st__40#entry1811740

I'm wodnering if maybe during the 10.7.5 update, that ati6000 kext got overwritten back to the default kext which didn't work. so hopefully if i replace that with the solution kext from the link above, it will work!

I shall report back my findings after work today :]

Yep well that didn't work :( Managed to reset my whole itunes cache/library thing randomly, so now I randomly lost all my 'modified last' info which I use :/

I think i'm gonna say screw this gfx card and just jump for one that works way easier lol

Believe me, upgrading to Mountain Lion 10.8.3 solved all my problems with my Son-of-Zorro build's 6850 graphics card. It works fine now without any tricks required to install OS X. :thumbup:

Hey Gordo:
i have realize that you absolutely master this mono, so ill aprecciate some help.
i have my hackintosh working under 10.8.2, and i want to upgrade to 10.8.4.
it was a headache to get it up and running with 10.8.2, everytime i do a clean install i dont have working usb ports after chimera screen, after installing everything right in multi beast.
i also want to upgrade to geforce gt 640
my current hardware gigabyte z68x-ud3h-be rev 1.3 bios f12
graphics nvidia geforce 8400gs
6gb ram 1333
intel 3570, not the k version.
ragards wolfintosh

Great information, I apologize if you've already covered this, but I couldn't find it. I keep seeing people talk about entering verbose mode and also typing "Graphics Enabler=no". Since I'm using a windows keyboard I do not have the 'command' key to enter verbose mode. And I also do not see any field where I can type commands to set no or yes for "graphic enabler", could you shine a little light on this? I think this is why when I boot off the thumb drive I get about 30 seconds with the grey apple logo until the wheel stops spinning and the system freezes. Any help here is appreciated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back