Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downgraded bios back to u1b i had alot of issues with this one gave me artifacts and kernel panics.. anyway for anyone who wants here is a modified u1b I put the slic 2.1 table in it which means it has windows 7 oem tables that means u can install any windows 7 oem and it will activate

NOTE: this is for 1.3v only

do not use on 1.0 it may brick your board

Attachments

• ga-z68ma-d2h-b3_u1b.rar
    2.6 MB · Views: 159
Hello, congratulations for the guide, my configuration is GA-z68-Mma-d2h-b3 UEFI bios and I53570K CPU, 8GB ram, i was able to install Mountain Lion with Unibeast and Multibeast, ethernet works fine, the system not freeze , the video resolution is good, but the system is not perfect, the USB ports don't work well, if I try to create a pen-drive with Unibeast after a while receive an error message. What's wrong?

I am wanting to upgrade the i3-2105 to an i7-3770K.

I am currently running the u1b uefi bios.

Do I need to update the bios to u1c before changing cpus?

Is this going to require a complete reinstall?

I am running the latest version of ML.

Thanks for the help.

Dennis

+ Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Motherboard - UEFI BIOS version U1c
+ Intel Core i5 3570k CPU
+ 8GB RAM
+ 64GB SSD
+ Earthwatts 500W PSU
+ 24" Monitor

I have a EVGA 640 GTX Superclocked graphics card. I used all the same multibeast settings (except for adding the HD4000 Graphics options) as in the original post. How would I go about getting the graphics card to work? Sorry I am new to hackintosh...

Set Graphics Enabler to No
(GraphicsEnabler=No)

Did that..no Luck... Tried booting from usb install using GaphicsEnabler=No -x -v -f and no errors were shown but after the white apple screen, the display would cut out but it seemed like the system was running (Had to hold down power for a few seconds to get it to shut down). Any recommendations? I have only 1 DVI port plugged in to the graphics card and nothing else. The only thing different that I added was the graphics card... One question I did have is do I set the boot drive in BIOS to the UEFI volume or the regular one for future booting? BIOS set to PEG graphics card and disable Internal graphics.... What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Have you tried booting with:

PCIRootUID=0

Regards

Hi,

Have you tried booting with:

PCIRootUID=0

Regards
The display still just shuts off right after the white apple screen. Such a bummer I have my hackintosh working with the integrated Graphics but cant get my EVGA 460GTX superclocked card to work... I even installed the latest Nvidia drivers. Im thinking there must be a software or driver conflict. Anyone know how I can test to find out if that is the case?

Thanks

Hey all, so after following this guide step by step & successfully installing Mountain Lion, I installed multibeast, followed the exact ticks & somehow I ended up getting a kernel panic every time I boot..
I have a ga-z68ma-d2h-b3 (uefi bios), core i5 2500k, & onboard graphics (HD3000)
Can anyone help me out as to how to fix/remove this kernel panic? I tried booting with DSDT=/dev/null, but still no dice.
However, when i boot with -x (safe mode) it works fine & boots --> First boot into safe mode had native resolution 1980x1080. But boots after that only max 1024x768..

Im thinking this kernel panic is because of the graphics? Maybe a bios setting? But I could be wrong. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 10.49.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 10.49.00 PM.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 329
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back