Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I have my optical drive working, for some reason it only works when attached to one of the white SATA ports, connected to a blue port and it doesn't work. The eject button is also working fine.

Artifacts...? 512 Mb solve..?

Artifacts..? = No artifacts whatsoever. As stated in first post.

512MB solve..? = Elaborate on your question.

BIOS not EFI memory video 480+2 Mb seem cause artifacts...

EFI 512 Mb video not artifacts...

I see. Possibly, although since I started using Mountain Lion Developer Preview a few months back I've not seen any artefacts at all, whereas on Lion I would get them every now and again.

So it looks like USB3 doesn't work properly as dojrude mentioned, the USB Super-Speed Bus appears in System Info and my USB3 flash disk (my only USB3 device) appears beneath, but it does not mount nor can I access it from Disk Utility.

Also, DVD-ROMs and hot-swapping SATA hard disks do not work (as sonicseamus enquired). This is an interesting one because before I upgraded to the RTM build of ML hot-swapping was working at some point in the DP builds. Possibly related to the UEFI upgrade...

These issues do not affect me personally as I don't require the affected functionality, however some people will. I can see the issues are not uncommon so hopefully a fix will be found very soon.

SATA hot swap does work, the default UEFI setting disables hot swap. Just go back to the bios and enable hot plug for each of your SATA ports.

Worked like a charm

Everything is working, Airplay, Audio, DVDW, Graphics.

Thanks!

Hi,

Simple question, how did you update your firmware to UEFI bios?

I already tried:
- From the Qflash (Key END) with the BIOS in a USB key, error checksum
- From Win XP 32Bits / Win 7 32 bits, the application doesn't seems to launch
- From Win XP Live CD same issue
- From Win 7 64Bits the application is crashing

I successfully upgrated from F9 to F10 version with the Qflash.

Actually I have some issue:
- When the computer sleeps, it resets my BIOS settings
- I can't use the Eject button on my keyboard

Do you recommend me to update my bios and use your guide?

Otherwise, everything is perfect !

Hi,

Simple question, how did you update your firmware to UEFI bios?

I already tried:
- From the Qflash (Key END) with the BIOS in a USB key, error checksum
- From Win XP 32Bits / Win 7 32 bits, the application doesn't seems to launch
- From Win XP Live CD same issue
- From Win 7 64Bits the application is crashing

I successfully upgrated from F9 to F10 version with the Qflash.

Actually I have some issue:
- When the computer sleeps, it resets my BIOS settings
- I can't use the Eject button on my keyboard

Do you recommend me to update my bios and use your guide?

Otherwise, everything is perfect !

you cannot use the qflash to update the uefi firmware, the uefi downloaded from gigabyte come with the flash tools, create a bootable DOS USB drive, and run the flash program.

BIOS Update

Just a word of warning.. Once you go UEFI you can't go back to F10/F09/etc.... Or at least I haven't found a way. So, if your system is working okay you might want to hold off on the update as some people are reporting problems.

I was able to get everything working except HD3000 on 10.6.8. Which I hoped to stay on... However, after spending a few days with no luck I bit the bullet and bought 10.8. It's downloading now so hopefully I'll have it resolved by tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back