Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
another thing that always had me wondering: how come, i can not control the volume for spdif-out? (onboard) is there anyway to add volume control to it?
Thats how all digital audio output works on OSX. The entire idea is that you are passing the digital audio to the receiver for decoding, and as such volume levels should be controlled there for optimum sound quality (From a technical point of view you are not changing wavelengths like analog sound, you are actually effectively lowering the bit depth when you lower the volume on a digital out). So no, there is no way to change this behaviour for the master volume control..

So you're having triple monitors by combining external and internal graphics? always wanted to do that... need more screen estate!
Yep.. I'm surprised how well it works.. I run 3 monitors from my external card and one from my internal. (tri monitors + tva)

10.9.2 Works fine

How to install ?

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX6502GB
-Simply repair permissions and kexts
-Downloaded combo update
-install update it will ask to reboot while rebooting it installs the updates
-Comp reboots log back in to mac re intall audio alc889 for this mobo re enable trim and reboot and your done

Everything works sleep wake audio video etc..

Enjoy

Check out my link has some pix and files in the attachment
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...502gb-100-working-dsdt-free-3.html#post769740

Lerxst,

check my post out i have pictures of how you need to set up your bios.. its also posted on the home page on how to install mavericks guide as well..

but you can see mine as well?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-b3-evga-gtx6502gb-100-working-dsdt-free.html

GL

Before I start installing mavericks I'd like to get back into my current setup running 10.8.

Beyond adjusting the bios settings do I need to rerun multibeast and chimera? What about deleting my old dsdt since its not supposed to be needed.

Id recommend you start focusing your energy on mavericks as its easier to install compared to 10.8 i found its simple and straight forward.. to me it almost feels like vanilla oem.. and just kexts and tweaks.. just like windows and then drivers and add ons etc..

Best of luck..

However if u want to do the 10.8 then id format and re install everything and do ur dsdt and yes u need to re install multibeast and all of ur required kexts etc..

Before I start installing mavericks I'd like to get back into my current setup running 10.8.

Beyond adjusting the bios settings do I need to rerun multibeast and chimera? What about deleting my old dsdt since its not supposed to be needed.
Not using a DSDT is for Ivy Bridge and newer motherboards and processors. You'll still need a DSDT for your Sandy Bridge Z68MA system because of the Award BIOS.

Folks,
I'm not an expert, and although all the contributions made in this forum I still not able to find the information I need.

My issue: Cannot make audio working in my custo mac.

Configuration:
Z68ma-d2h-b3 running UEFI U1c
Core i5 2500K
Intel SSD 120GB
Mavericks 10.9.2
HDMI video out to a samsung TV/monitor 1080p

I've already tried install DSDT free, using multibeast 6.2.1, 6.1.0 and 6.0.1.
I even tried installing legacy audio driver from multibeast for mountain lion

The audio seem to work, and the volume control appears in the task bar, but no audio comes out.

I checked cables and monitor volume :)

Can anyone help me troubleshooting it? Do we have any DSDT fully configured for UFEI U1c?
Any help will be appreciated

Thanks for the support

Regards,
Daniel

Folks,
I'm not an expert, and although all the contributions made in this forum I still not able to find the information I need.

My issue: Cannot make audio working in my custo mac.

Configuration:
Z68ma-d2h-b3 running UEFI U1c
Core i5 2500K
Intel SSD 120GB
Mavericks 10.9.2
HDMI video out to a samsung TV/monitor 1920p

I've already tried install DSDT free, using multibeast 6.2.1, 6.1.0 and 6.0.1.
I even tried installing legacy audio driver from multibeast for mountain lion

The audio seem to work, and the volume control appears in the task bar, but no audio comes out.

I checked cables and monitor volume :)

Can anyone help me troubleshooting it? Do we have any DSDT fully configured for UFEI U1c?
Any help will be appreciated

Thanks for the support

Regards,
Daniel

Interesting.. thats quite strange however I have made 6 haks using this mainboard z68 d2h b3 and all of them worked
first of all use the ufei 1b bios I had better luck with that
secondly 10.9.2 the new multibeast 6.2 has audio issues use 6.1 to install the driver for 10.9.1 that works fine
Lastely hdmi audio is a different ball game hdmi audio can only be controlled from TV not from mac so if u get hdmi audio working u have to use ur tv remote to able to control the volume fake mac wont work if u want both to work u need usb powered speakers that are compatible with mac such as Logitech Laptop Speaker Z305 for further information check out my thread link at the bottom

Best of Luck

P.S. IF yor having hdmi issues just go to my thread and i have a detailed explanation of how that works

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-b3-evga-gtx6502gb-100-working-dsdt-free.html

Elite 2K, thanks a lot for your support!

In fact I already used your help following your post back and forward a couple of times.
I tried various different multibeast configurations, including different .smbios configurations, but none of them worked.

Maybe is the version of the UEFI that I'm using (1UC).
Strange part? I rolled back a clean installation of Moutain Lion 10.8.5 and it's perfect except by the HDMI audio.

I don’t have the 1UB firmware to update the UEFI. Stills searching for guidance in this.

Can you help me on other subject still regarding this issue?

Every time I install a multibeast configuration that crashes the OS X I have to reinstall from scratch, creating a new partition and using the Unibeast.
I don’t know how to initialize the OS X with “old configuration” or in some “safe mode – like windows” where a could re-run the Multibeast with previous drivers instead of wasting time reinstalling everything.

Do we have in the forum some “quick guide” over the acronyms, commands and files used to configure the hack?
I don’t have unix nor linux background and still very confused about DSDT, SSDT, Kext, .aml and all the most common terminal commands. (newbie :p)
I don’t even know how to edit one of this files and try to understand what are the configurations that are being placed in my custoMac.

Guidance on this can help me navigate over the forum and understand better what people are saying.
Best Regards,

Going to try a clean instal of Mavs tonight on my HTPC build - will report back my findings as well! :headbang:

How did it go for you? I went to do a clean install on my GA-Z68MA-D2H system using UniBeast, and about 5 seconds after the install bar starts (says '23 mins remaining') the system spontaneously reboots. I just want to hear whether someone got a clean install working or not, cause i really don't want to have to flash my bios back to F10 or whatever just to reinstall my hackintosh :(
Any help/advice appreciated.

Yup - I'm using the U1C version of the UEFI for this motherboard. Using all the latest versions of UniBeast and MultiBeast, and the install went without a hitch. FWIW.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back