Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you cannot use the qflash to update the uefi firmware, the uefi downloaded from gigabyte come with the flash tools, create a bootable DOS USB drive, and run the flash program.

Hi,

Thanks for your help.
I just have a try to update my BIOS but unfortunally it still in F10.

What i've done:

- Create DOS USB Stick ( via this method http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/46707-ms-dos-bootable-flash-drive-create.html )
- copy the autoexec.bat / flasher / BIOS UEFI rom to the folder "flash" on the USB Stick
- Reboot and boot with the USB stick
- CD flash
- FLASHEFI Z8MAD2H3.U1B
- Wait for 1min then restart
- The computer acts strangely for 10sec (ON / OFF) I though it was bricked! :(
- Computer boots normaly but the BIOS is still in F10 :(

Do you have an idea about how to flash it correctly?

Thanks.

ok, i am up and running it on my server project.

i have a Pentium G620 wich is running with no intermediate states (only 1600 and 2600mhz). For graphics, had to throw in a 5770 i had... not the best for a server, but 6450ATI i had too, its not working good. (seems to be problems with 6xxx series)

i plan to use it as a timemachine, file and virtualization server, so maybe someday ill swap the g620 with an i5 2500k or 2405s

on 10.8.2 ill try to upgrade my probook 5330m

What bios settings did you use?

Hi,

Thanks for your help.
I just have a try to update my BIOS but unfortunally it still in F10.

What i've done:

- Create DOS USB Stick ( via this method http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/46707-ms-dos-bootable-flash-drive-create.html )
- copy the autoexec.bat / flasher / BIOS UEFI rom to the folder "flash" on the USB Stick
- Reboot and boot with the USB stick
- CD flash
- FLASHEFI Z8MAD2H3.U1B

Thanks.

the steps should be fine, at the end after flashing, the computer will be shutdown and take more time to boot up
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbIPY8NjdN8

thanks

Hi,
- CD flash
- FLASHEFI Z8MAD2H3.U1B

When I used the DOS Usb drive, I had to change directory to C: in order to reach the UEFI flash utility.
Did you do that? You mentioned 'CD Flash'.
I started at an A: prompt, then typed 'C:', which took me to a C: prompt. It was then that I typed FLASHEFI Z8MAD2H3.U1B. I could see the process running clearly.
I was then instructed to power off the system, unplug the computer, plug it back in, and restart.
I could tell immediately that the UEFI was working.

Try it again. Just change directory to C: before running the utility.

What bios settings did you use?

Hi keypox, not sure who you were asking there, but I've updated the top post to include screenshots of my UEFI BIOS settings.

I am curious as to why you chose Mac Mini as your system definition as opposed to the Mac Pro.

I did not use the DVI port when installing ML. I used HDMI and was still able to get a desktop. Is DVI necessary when using integrated graphics?

Karacho: I am using the MacMini smbios as provided by MultiBeast. As per OP.

StudioK: I am using the MacMini SMBios for a few reasons: 1.) integrated graphics support. 2.) improved P-State support. 3.) Apple Store, iCloud etc.

I would use Mac Pro if I were using discrete gfx.

Karacho: I am using the MacMini smbios as provided by MultiBeast. As per OP.

StudioK: I am using the MacMini SMBios for a few reasons: 1.) integrated graphics support.

I would use Mac Pro if I were using discrete gfx.

I would like to try using the HD3000 integrated graphics. In addition to the necessary UEFI bios settings I would need to make, it appears that I would need to use MultiBeast to change my smbios to MAc Mini. Correct?
HD3000 won't work with Mac Pro smbios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back