Contribute
Register

[guide] ga-x79-ud5 / 3930k / gtx 560 2gb / 10.11.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When at El Capitan desktop, download and install the last version of Clover on the HD where you just installed El Capitan

Great work Rafam!!
After lot of darkness I could see the light at the end of the tunnel

What are the settings in Clover to install after the installation of El Capitan?

Best regards!!

A newbie question (never tried to install hackintosh, but I have to do try it)
I have read all and will it work for my configuration
----
Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
Intel i7-3930K 3,2 - 3,8 GHz
nVidia GeForce GTX660Ti 2GB DDR5
Patriot Viper X3 - 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 4 x 8GB (32 GB RAM)
OCZ ModXStream Pro Modular700W
Sony Blue Ray disk writer SATA
SSD 120 GB - OS X disk
SSD Samsung EVO 250 GB
4 x 1TB WD BLACK (RAID)
Fractal Design DEFINE R3 Black pearl Case
----
what do you think...
I will change graphic card with AMD Radeon R9 280X MSI GAMING 3G GDDR5
I have now working Mavericks 10.9.2 and I would like to update it to El Capitan

The only thing after a dream at me is restarted USB devices
RRRRRRSRSR_4964654_24656271.png
RRRRRRSRSR_3970941_24656272.png
RRRRRRSRSR_9607063_24656273.png
RRRRRRSRSR_9734787_24656274.png

Hi everyone,
I got just about everything working with El Capitan except still having some troubles with USB ports and getting my Logitech QuickCam to work properly (requires unplug and often restart to get working again.)

I'm not sure what is related, but I have a LOT of these messages in my system log:

Jan 17 11:29:50 --- last message repeated 16 times ---
Jan 17 11:29:50 razor sandboxd[619] ([242]): coreaudiod(242) deny file-read-metadata /Users

Has anyone else had this? Anyone have any thoughts? Is it actually a problem?

Thanks!

Motherboard: Gigabyte X79-UD5 F12 BIOS
CPU: Intel Core i7-3930k (6 Core) @ 4.2 ghz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX560 2GB
PSU: Corsair TX850W
CPU Cooler: Corsair WaterCooler Hydro Series H100
Case: Corsair Carbide 400R
HD: 1tb Seagate
SDD: 240gb Kingston HyperX

Thanks for your great guide. It helped me recover from trying to install 10.13!
Anyhow, what BIOS settings are you using to get 4.2GHz? Mine is stuck at 3.2GHz no matter what I do or else it's a kernel panic.

FIRST, ramfam, brilliant guide, worked like a charm (knocking wood) to get up and running. My specs are identical except a GT520 instead of the 560.

I haven't done the NVidia web drivers yet as everything appears happy so far without doing them. Do I just open Clover Configurator, load the config on the EFI partition, and add that check box? Or is it a download somewhere. I'm generally a leave-well-enough-alone kind of guy but didn't know if I was missing something without those web drivers installed.

THANKS!

FIRST, ramfam, brilliant guide, worked like a charm (knocking wood) to get up and running. My specs are identical except a GT520 instead of the 560.

I haven't done the NVidia web drivers yet as everything appears happy so far without doing them. Do I just open Clover Configurator, load the config on the EFI partition, and add that check box? Or is it a download somewhere. I'm generally a leave-well-enough-alone kind of guy but didn't know if I was missing something without those web drivers installed.

THANKS!
Hey adamsoundSTL thanks for your reply! It's been a while since my last visit on this tread.

Regarding the Nvidia web drivers, I don't know if it's mandatory or if you'll gain anything in terms of performance, but it should be easy to test and roll back if you don't want to use it.

You can find the right driver here https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/

If you are using the SMBIOS of Mac Pro 6.1 you should run the AGDPfix (right after installing the driver and before rebooting the system) in order to prevent a black-no-signal-screen on restart.

After reboot a Nvidia logo will show on your menu bar and it show which driver is in use.

If it still say that you're using OS X default driver than you should reboot and chose the "use Nvidia web driver" on Clover options menu. After this, and if you decide to keep using Nvidia Driver you can set it on your config file on the EFI partition.

Let me know if it worked =)

Thanks for your great guide. It helped me recover from trying to install 10.13!
Anyhow, what BIOS settings are you using to get 4.2GHz? Mine is stuck at 3.2GHz no matter what I do or else it's a kernel panic.

Hey @hughjaas ! Sorry for the late reply.

I did a fresh install with Sierra (10.12.6) an re-run some benchmarks. Also I toke some screenshots of my bios settings, hope it help you. One note on bios is that I leave all the voltage settings in auto, but in prior tests I had to increase vcore to reach anything higher than 4.3gh. Regarding cooling system I'm using an Corsair H100 which keeps things cool despite the overclock.

Cheers!

geekbench_scores.jpg

42_bios_settings_1.jpg 42_bios_settings_2.jpg 43_bios_settings_1.jpg 43_bios_settings_2.jpg

Dears
Need your help and support . The Gigabyte X-79-UD5 has a UEFI Bios but does not boot from Clover /Hi Sierra USB or SSD . Shows Reboot and Select Proper boot device .Really frustrating , not to be able to get across this hurdle . Please Help !!!

Hi there, it's been a while since I had to deal with this problem. So I don't remember an exact solution. But I would tried the following:

- Review/Reinstall last Clover in the USB trying different settings (I think it coulbe related to that "MBR" setting on Clover install)
- Review BIOS settings
- Try an different USB port (2.0)
- Disconnect another hard drivers and USB devices (external HD)
- Be sure that you are booting on the right drive by pressing F12 on boot (I had problems with the wrong boot despite the boot order saved on the bios)

I'll share my last EFI folder (it has my settings for both Sierra and High Sierra) you could try it or just the "config" file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HVJn3JZpC6Zn893C8U6fz0JcQskpyrJt/view?usp=drivesdk

Good Luck

Dears
Need your help and support . The Gigabyte X-79-UD5 has a UEFI Bios but does not boot from Clover /Hi Sierra USB or SSD . Shows Reboot and Select Proper boot device .Really frustrating , not to be able to get across this hurdle . Please Help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back