Contribute
Register

[guide] ga-x79-ud5 / 3930k / gtx 560 2gb / 10.11.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you very muchrafam
i'm try another usb this is fix my problem :)
i'm use usb 3 front this is work good
but now i have another problem
usb 3 back & front work good
usb 2 not work
how i can solve it ?
and where i can get wifi & bluetooth kext ?

Hi all,
I have almost exactly the same hardware as this tutorial, except with a ATI Radeon HD6850 display card. I have been trying many times by following this tutorial. But I never been able to boot from the installation USB drive with only the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" error message. I've tried all the possible USB port with multiple USB drives.

It doesn't seem to be a hardware problem, because it works flawlessly on another hard drive installed with Windows 10. And I've been searching the net without too much help.Could any body give some insight into this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Dick

I've tried one more time using the Legacy Boot Mode, and it went to the clover boot screen. But that's so far I can go. Still cannot boot into the installer. Any idea?
Thanks

Hi all,
I have almost exactly the same hardware as this tutorial, except with a ATI Radeon HD6850 display card. I have been trying many times by following this tutorial. But I never been able to boot from the installation USB drive with only the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" error message. I've tried all the possible USB port with multiple USB drives.

It doesn't seem to be a hardware problem, because it works flawlessly on another hard drive installed with Windows 10. And I've been searching the net without too much help.Could any body give some insight into this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Dick

After many more attempts, there was one scenario that when I format the USB with MBR option and installed in Legacy mode, the system could boot to the Apple logo. But I still wonder why the UEFI mode would bring me to the "Reboot and select proper boot device' message.
Appreciated if anyone could share some insight.

Thank you!
cool stuff....that saved me a lot of investigation. Got El Capitan up and running now.
I was wondering how you got your usb2 working ,as my are not working at all. (usb3 working fine)

I might need to say that i have GA-x79-ud5 rev 1.0 with BIOS F14d.
(F12 is not working well with my Areca RAID, F13w is crap...) Nevertheless with BIOS F12 i didn't get them working before, too.
hoping for any idea...as i get frustrated switching my mouse and keys with every reboot.
Thanks for your enlightenment ;-)

Hi preisel
So you got it up and running using BIOS F14d?
Have you used Legacy or EFI method for the USB boot stick?
What settings did u use?

I've lost 3 day now because of the BIOS version. Couldn't get to the installer or boot my old Yosemite Chimera installation.
Firmware versions below or equal F13p --> Everything boots up fine, but no EFI boot possible
Firmware versions above --> cpus=1 to boot into Yosemite Chimera works, legacy boot fails to boot, boot usb fails to boot

After many more attempts, there was one scenario that when I format the USB with MBR option and installed in Legacy mode, the system could boot to the Apple logo. But I still wonder why the UEFI mode would bring me to the "Reboot and select proper boot device' message.
Appreciated if anyone could share some insight.
Hi bananabear
Which BIOS version do you have?
I experience the same behaviour like you if I am on F12 - F13p.
BIOS versions above F13w ff. boot fast and stable to Clover in EFI mode. But I could the OSX onli start with cpus=1 argument.
Btw: F13w is buggy. Also the Windows partition fails to boot with this version.

Question to all:
Has anyone installed an OSX booting in EFI mode? - could you please upload all the nessesary Bios settings?
How about power management? Has any one a proper working one?

Cheers Bru3

Hello Bru3,

I have the exact same configuration as yours. X79-UD5 (F12), 3930k, GTX660ti.
Can you tell me where you found BIOS version F14? I'm on F12 now and when I look for it online, I only get version F13w to be the latest one.

This is where I look.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4049#bios

I'm trying to install El Capitan 10.11.5 on this rig. Right now I've got it up and running using Clover on a usb key but I'm uncertain about the kext I need to install, the SMBIOS definition I need to use and the settings I need to put in my config file.

Also, I tried to generate a SSDT using Pike R. Alpha's tool. I'm not sure if I need one for this CPU. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!
Phathak

Hi Phathak
I was not able to boot to Clover at BIOS version higher than F13p. So I would not recommend a upgrade.
If someone was able to boot Clover with a newer version, please let me know!

The only way I could boot to Clover was in the Legacy Boot mode (not EFI mode)

Here you'll find all the beta BIOS versions:
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios-4.html#post270610

I've uploaded my config for you. It holds all the information you need.
You might also need the audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip from
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143757/
(Installs kext and modifies the clover config file for the audio)
And from
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-x79-os-x-controlled-speedstep-cpu-power-management.127574/
the following kext for a variable CPU frequency.
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementSandE.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
X79X86PlatformPlugin.kext

Hope that helps

BTW: I do not take any responsibility for any damage.
Use the information on your own risk.

Cheers
Bru3

Hello Bru3,

I have the exact same configuration as yours. X79-UD5 (F12), 3930k, GTX660ti.
Can you tell me where you found BIOS version F14? I'm on F12 now and when I look for it online, I only get version F13w to be the latest one.

This is where I look.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4049#bios

I'm trying to install El Capitan 10.11.5 on this rig. Right now I've got it up and running using Clover on a usb key but I'm uncertain about the kext I need to install, the SMBIOS definition I need to use and the settings I need to put in my config file.

Also, I tried to generate a SSDT using Pike R. Alpha's tool. I'm not sure if I need one for this CPU. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!
Phathak

Attachments

• MyConfig.zip
    73.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Thanks for getting back! I'll try using your config tonight and install the kexts.

BTW: I do not take any responsibility for any damage.
Use the information on your own risk.

Have you or someone you helped had any problems with this config? That last sentence kinda scared me.. o_O

Thanks for getting back! I'll try using your config tonight and install the kexts.

Have you or someone you helped had any problems with this config? That last sentence kinda scared me.. o_O

I've invested more than 100 hours to get to this config. My config should be a help not a copy paste solution because a slightly change in the hardware can result in different nessesary configs. It should be a reminder to think twice before you do something.

I've posted the wrong link to the power management tutorial:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-x79-os-x-controlled-speedstep-cpu-power-management.127574/

My rig is performing fine since more than 3 years and I only had problems while I played around with different BIOS versions.

Cheers
Bru3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back