Contribute
Register

[guide] ga-x79-ud5 / 3930k / gtx 560 2gb / 10.11.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!
cool stuff....that saved me a lot of investigation. Got El Capitan up and running now.
I was wondering how you got your usb2 working ,as my are not working at all. (usb3 working fine)

I might need to say that i have GA-x79-ud5 rev 1.0 with BIOS F14d.
(F12 is not working well with my Areca RAID, F13w is crap...) Nevertheless with BIOS F12 i didn't get them working before, too.
hoping for any idea...as i get frustrated switching my mouse and keys with every reboot.
Thanks for your enlightenment ;-)

Hi preisel! I'm glad my guide helped you =)

Regarding the USB 2.0 ports, I did nothing special, they worked out-of-the-box.

I'm attaching a screenshot of my System Report (USB Tab).

What system definition did you set? (Mac Pro 3.1?)

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 9.52.49 AM.png

my gigabyte x79 still stops at the installation - tried using this thread, no luck :( i get garbled text just after this screen with the prohibited sign. will try more usb fiddling (maybe using usb hub as buffer).

can you guys make anything out from the attached screen?

http://s21.postimg.org/kwjy8mox3/Full_Size_Render.jpg

Hi AntonioMontegio, are you using the wifi card? If you are using, try to unplug it and try again.

Good Luck

I have problems Missing Bluetooth transportAny one can help me X79-ud5Ram 16Gpu gtx 960Cpu I7 Im try all flags The best is -v npci=0x3000 cpus=1 nv_disable=1But freeze on Missing Bluetooth transport

Hi,

Very concise guide!

I'm also stuck with the Bluetooth Transport graphical error.. Never seen a graphics error like this as I use a GT 640

My build is as follows:

GA-x79S-UD5 gigabyte mobo
16GB RAM 1600mhz
GT 640

my board specific flags are usually "dart=0 npci=0x2000 cpus=1 nv_disable=1" to get into the installer, as was the case with my clover install of Yosemite

Copying the EFI partition contents to main partition of the installer USB got me past mem reloc crash with all the pluses underneath

Hi AntonioMontegio!

Sorry for the late answer. As your board is a bit different of mine I don't know exactly what is going on.

But in the file you attached there is an "AppleRaid" message, are you using RAID on your system? If you are using I suggest you search for this on the forum if you are not using I suggest you try to disable the RAID option on your BIOS and try again.

Good Luck!

tried, took out pci wifi, took out my usb bluetooth. tried rerouting usb using this:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...oning-usb-ports-ga-x79-up4-2.html#post1128308

is that correct for x79-up4 usbs?

still nothing:
View attachment 176282

Hi nwera!

Did you try "npci=0x2000" ? If it doesn't work try to a different USB port for your install.

Good Luck!

I have problems Missing Bluetooth transportAny one can help me X79-ud5Ram 16Gpu gtx 960Cpu I7 Im try all flags The best is -v npci=0x3000 cpus=1 nv_disable=1But freeze on Missing Bluetooth transport

Hi Rasi!

Did you try in a different usb port?

Cheers!

Hi,

Very concise guide!

I'm also stuck with the Bluetooth Transport graphical error.. Never seen a graphics error like this as I use a GT 640

My build is as follows:

GA-x79S-UD5 gigabyte mobo
16GB RAM 1600mhz
GT 640

my board specific flags are usually "dart=0 npci=0x2000 cpus=1 nv_disable=1" to get into the installer, as was the case with my clover install of Yosemite

Copying the EFI partition contents to main partition of the installer USB got me past mem reloc crash with all the pluses underneath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back