Contribute
Register

[guide] ga-x79-ud5 / 3930k / gtx 560 2gb / 10.11.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ticked the USB inject and NVidia inject the boot options, and I applied those in my config.plist.
For some reasons I can't change the theme! I keep changing from Clover Configurator, but it doesn't work!:evil:

I ticked the USB inject and NVidia inject the boot options, and I applied those in my config.plist.
For some reasons I can't change the theme! I keep changing from Clover Configurator, but it doesn't work!:evil:

I'll update the guide to with the graphics part (the USB inject was already there) :thumbup:

Regarding the theme, I never tried to change it, so I don't know what could be.

Thanks!

It's ok. I just deleted the folders with the themes I wasn't interested.

Anyway, I noted that sometimes it freezes and I have to hit reset and restart the OS.
Is this happen to you as well?

It's ok. I just deleted the folders with the themes I wasn't interested.

Anyway, I noted that sometimes it freezes and I have to hit reset and restart the OS.
Is this happen to you as well?

If I remember well I had some freezes before install the NVIDIA drivers. Did you install it?

I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Hi lsawyer, sorry but I miss the message where mmastriani asked for the config file.

I'm attaching here, please let me know if it works so I'll attach it to the first post as well.

Be aware that I'm using a different vga.

Also besides using my config.plist I'm quoting some possible solutions from the "Big List of Solutions" thread

"Prohibited" sign on boot

• Try booting verbose. If it's complaining about OsxAptioDrvFix and relocation block, make sure you're booting from a drive with the latest version of Clover (3270+). This was a common problem with older versions of Clover.
  • If OsxAptioDrvFix doesn't work, try OsxAptioDrv2Fix (but not both at once).
  • For a 2500K, 2600K, or other Core i5 and Core i7 'K' Sandy Bridge CPUs you may need to boot with cpus=1 until you can either install the correct SSDT.aml or finish the install and put NullCPUPowerManagement.kext into /Library/Extensions/
  • If you get all garbled text and/or the message "Still waiting for root device" with the prohibited sign:
    • Try the install USB in every single USB port on your case, motherboard, add-on PCI card, USB hub, etc. and see if it gets farther on any of those
    • If you're using a USB3 stick, use a USB2 stick and try all USB ports again
    • Try booting with cpus=1.
  • If you have USB hub or a port replicator, try putting the install USB in there
  • Double-check SMBios selection: MacPro3,1 may be the most reliable in general

Good Luck!

p.s. Normally I use Mac Pro 6.1 in SMbios but I changed it to Mac Pro 3.1 in this config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 296
[guide] ga-x79-ud5 / 3930k / gtx 560 2gb / 10.11.2

Thank you!
cool stuff....that saved me a lot of investigation. Got El Capitan up and running now.
I was wondering how you got your usb2 working ,as my are not working at all. (usb3 working fine)

I might need to say that i have GA-x79-ud5 rev 1.0 with BIOS F14d.
(F12 is not working well with my Areca RAID, F13w is crap...) Nevertheless with BIOS F12 i didn't get them working before, too.
hoping for any idea...as i get frustrated switching my mouse and keys with every reboot.
Thanks for your enlightenment ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back