Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X99-UD4
CPU
i7 5820K
Graphics
GTX 1080 MSI ARMOR OC 8 gb
Hi guys!

First of all I would like to thank the community for this amazing forum. This is my first thread despite this being my 4th build - I always found my answers in other users threads :thumbup:

In this post I will share my steps of getting this rig running. Will try to make it more “beginner- friendly” (I consider myself a beginner).

rafam_mac_pro.jpg

BUILD

Motherboard: Gigabyte X79-UD5 F12 BIOS
CPU: Intel Core i7-3930k (6 Core) @ 4.2 ghz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX560 2GB
PSU: Corsair TX850W
CPU Cooler: Corsair WaterCooler Hydro Series H100
Case: Corsair Carbide 400R
HD: 1tb Seagate
SDD: 240gb Kingston HyperX

WORKING/NOT WORKING:

So far, everything is working.
Speedstep is working with stock speed and consume around 19w on idle, with peaks of 100w under load (running GeekBench 3)
When running the CPU with OC, speedstep don't work and the processor keep runnig at the maximum clock I set. Despite this, the consume while idle is "very low", around 22w with peak of 150w while load (at 4.5ghz OC). I'll update here if I manage to make speedster work with OC.

The USB ports and Sound stop working after a wake from "deep-sleep", so I disable the sleep on Energy Saver options

Also I didn't test the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as I didn't install the optional mini PCI card.

BIOS

The only difference for this setup from the basics settings shown on Unibeast Guide is that I had to disable USB 3.0 controller or I’ll get Kernel Panics and random reboots. But despite that after the install my front panel USB 3.0 ports are working. I’m not sure why. And disable "CPU EIST Function".

STEPS

1) You will need a working Yosemite to create the USB installation drive, just follow the Unibeast Guide (steps 1 and 2) http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

2)
After the USB drive setup is complete mount the EFI partition with Clover Configurator (Tools/Mount EFI -> Check Partition and choose the one on your USB drive), open the config.plist (EFI/CLOVER/config.plist) and set as follows:

• ACPI: (v) FixUSB / (v) FixHPET / (v) AddDTGP / (v) Smart UPS

ACPI.png

• Boot: -v / dart=0 / darkwake=0 / npci=0x2000 / kext-dev-mode=1 / rootless=0

BOOT.png

• CPU: type = "0x0A01" / (v) C6

CPU.png

• Devices: USB (v) inject / (v) Add ClockID / (v) FixOwnership / Audio (1)

DEVICES.png

• [*=left]Graphics: (v) inject NVIDIA
GRAPHICS.png

• Kernel and Kext Patches: (v) Apple RTC

KERNEL_AND_KEXT.png

• Rt Variables: BooterConfig = 0x28 / CsrActiveConfig = 0x3

RT_VAR.png

• SMBIOS: Press the magic wand and select "MacPro3,1"

SMBIOS.png

• System Parameters: Inject Kexts (Yes) / (v) No caches (v) Inject System ID

SYS_PAR.png

At the bottom left of Clover Configurator select "Install Drivers" and make sure you install "OSxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi", "OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi" and "VBoxHfs-64.efi"

clover_drivers.png

3) Copy those kexts files to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11

kexts.png
4) Follow the steps 3 and 4 on the Unibeast Guide, when it restarts you should boot from your USB on last time but this time you choose your El Capitan partition on Clover menu.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...y-supported-intel-based-pc.html#uefi_settings

5) When at El Capitan desktop, download and install the last version of Clover on the HD where you just installed El Capitan. After that open Clover Configurator, mount the EFI partition on the USB drive and copy its content to your Desktop. Now mount the new EFI partition created by Clover on your HD and copy the EFI folder from your Desktop to the new EFI partition.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...y-supported-intel-based-pc.html#uefi_settings
6) Reboot and mount your EFI partition using Clover Configurator and run the audio_cloverALC-110 command by Toleda to fix the sound. After you run the command you should see the "realtekALC.kext" file in your EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 Folder and 3 new entries on your config.plist. https://github.com/toleda/audio_Clov...10.command.zip

after_toleda_command.jpg

7) Download and Install the Combo Update for El Capitan 10.11.2 if your USB Install was made with a previous version (Mine was 10.11.0):
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1850?locale=en_US

8) Download and Install Nvidia Web Drivers (if you are using MacPro6.1 on SMBIOS you will have to use AGDPfix app by shilohhh to prevent a blackscreen after boot.): http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/96651/

9) Optional: If you want to see the the System information on your tray you can download Multibeast 8.0.1 and Install HWMonitor choosing Drivers/Misc/(v) FakeSMC v6.18.1394 (v) FakeSMC Plugins v6.18.13.94 (v) FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.18.13.94 and VoodooTSCSync 6 Core (if your processor has 6 cores)

Now your system should be running. Just reboot and test it.

TROUBLESHOOTING

• If you have an error message on your first boot then reset and try again. You can also press "O" at Clover boot menu and edit your boot arguments adding "-f" to it.
  • If your USB 3.0 is not working, you can try to enable it on you BIOS and boot into your Yosemite partition and try to plug and mount a pendrive in the front panel. If it works reboot your system and once again enter in the BIOS and Disable the USB 3.0, save and proceed the boot into El Capitan. If the USB 3.0 doesn't work in Yosemite or this is the first time you use Clover to boot into Yosemite you can try to remove the “GenericUSBXHCI.kext” from your System/Library/Extensions folder (on Yosemite partition). Remember to mount your EFI partition and copy the Kexts that are in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 to the /10.10 folder.
  • UPDATE 12/16/15 - If you want to activate your USB 3.0 on the BIOS - You can download RehabMan's GenericUSBXHCI.kext and install it using kextbeast.
  • If you can't boot try use "nv_disable=1" so you can install the NVIDIA Web Drivers and run AGDPFix if using MacPro 6.1 smbios.
  • If you want to enable TRIM support for your SSD you need to mount the EFI partition with Clover Configurator, open your config.plist, go to "Kernel and Kext Patches" tab and add a line as follow on "KextsToPatch":Name: "IOAHCIBlockStorage" / Find*[HEX]: "4150504C452053534400" / Replace* [HEX]: "00000000000000000000" / Comment: "TRIM Support"
  • UPDATE 09/23/16 - Attached my " config.plist", ATTENTION! It's set to Mac PRO 6.1 so you may have to use nv_disable=1 for the first boot so you can install the nvidia drivers and run AGDPFIx. I recommend that you open it on Clover Configuration to generate your own serial (magic wand / mac pro / shake...shake...shake...)

TRIM_support.png

BENCHMARKS

GeekBench 3 Scores (64 bits):

Clock Single-Core Multi-Core
@3.5ghz(stock) 3133 18865
@4.2ghz(OC) 3693 22190
@4.5ghz(OC vcore = 1.35) 3933 23601
@4.6ghz(OC vcore = 1.4) 4017 24099

GeekBench 3 Scores (32 bits):
Clock Single-Core Multi-Core
@3.5ghz(stock) 2856 16883
@4.2ghz(OC) 3372 20093
@4.5ghz(OC vcore = 1.35) 3592 21498
@4.6ghz(OC vcore = 1.4) 3662 21884

Good Luck! :)

Attachments

• kexts.png
    kexts.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 3,899
  • AFTER_TOREDA_COMMAND.png
    AFTER_TOREDA_COMMAND.png
    261.9 KB · Views: 2,238
  • config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
rafam, your tutorial is fantastic. Thank you!

But here, no success, the same:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...itan-trying-get-installer-20151210_095059.jpg

Is it possible to share your config?

The CPU type must be according with my i7 3820, correct?

My GPU is GTX 770, but works with installer for Mavericks.

Thanks again!

Hi mmastriani!

I can't read the msg on the image you post.

Did you try to use the "nv_disable=1" and/or "-x" to boot in safemode?

I have the same VGA on other machine and I think you'll need to use "nv_disable=1" to install, then after is completed you'll need to download and install nvidia web drivers and add "nvda_drv=1" on your boot arguments.

:)

Thanks, excellent guide!
But I can't even get to the installer :(

I've disabled the USB3 port and put this line in the boot:
Code:
-v dart=0 darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0

It reboots at 'System uptime in nanoseconds: {long number}'

:banghead:

Thanks, excellent guide!
But I can't even get to the installer :(

I've disabled the USB3 port and put this line in the boot:
Code:
-v dart=0 darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0

It reboots at 'System uptime in nanoseconds: {long number}'

:banghead:

HI bestactor! Here's a couple of things you can try (not all at the same time):

- stick your USB on a 2.0 motherboard port
- add this as boot argument "cpus=1''
- add this as boot argument ''npci=0x3000''
- add this as boot argument "-f'"
- add "nvidia inject" on Graphics tab under Clover boot options

I'm not in home right now so I can't test it.

Good Luck

Thanks Rafam.

After a lot of trial and error, I resolved using npci=0x3000 and nvidia injector.

I'm installing Clover and all the other kext atm!

Good job!

I think that I miss a step on the graphics injection part . but this depends what VGA you're using.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back