Contribute
Register

[Guide] GA-X58A-UD3R (2.0) BIOS FH - i7 930 - Apple OEM HD5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Can you help me? Today I tried to install Mavericks 10.9.2
My stuff is

Intel Core i7-960
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R v2 (1 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 4 PCI-E x16, 6 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
Nvidia gt240

On the hard disk already installed OS 10.6.8

I have used unibeast to make a boot mavericks USB
I start to boot, choose my USB in chameleon window. When I see gray apple logo about 5-10sec and when blank screen (like a safe mode). and only helps reset.
I tried to use a different flags, but result is one

Tried to boot with -v
I photo the screen right before a blanking.

Please, help me. Sorry for bad English

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 256
Has anyone been able to find a solution to wake up the computer without the power button? I forget on which version of OSX, but I had always been able to wake by hitting the usb keyboard.

thanks

I just did a clean install of Mavericks on my X58a-UD3R BIOS FH. I have an I7-930 and a NVIDIA GTX 470. I cannot for the life of me figure out why I am getting random system freezes.

The screen doesn't glitch, there is no beach ball, everything just freezes up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I ran this machine for years on the previous OS with no issues at all, but with Mavericks I am getting this freezes and I cannot figure it out. Please help!

I just did a clean install of Mavericks on my X58a-UD3R BIOS FH. I have an I7-930 and a NVIDIA GTX 470. I cannot for the life of me figure out why I am getting random system freezes.

The screen doesn't glitch, there is no beach ball, everything just freezes up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I ran this machine for years on the previous OS with no issues at all, but with Mavericks I am getting this freezes and I cannot figure it out. Please help!

Did you install the Mac Fermi drivers for the GPU?

Did you install the Mac Fermi drivers for the GPU?

It turns out the onboard LAN driver (Realtek RTL8111E) was crashing the system. As soon as I deleted the Kext and restarted the system I have had ZERO freezes in 3 days.

Hi,

Thanks for the great info however I've hit a snag, I've followed the instructions to the "T" but to no avail can I get OS X to boot by itself, see the below for the "error" and my specs.

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R (2.0) FH
Intel i7 950 @ 3.07GHz
AMD Radeon R9 200 4GBs

More info
When I attempt to boot from the USB using just -v it hits a kernel panic for FakeSMC and locks up however I can boot without any issues into safe boot, any help would be appreciated as I can't find anyone else having this issue.

IMG_0486.jpg

PS: I only updated my BIOS tonight from FF so it's using the stock CMOS aside from the recommended changes outlined in the guide.

EDIT: After hours of searching I changed the search criteria and found that it's an issue with my graphics card. http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/118252-boot0-done-followed-screen-random-characters.html

I'll give the links a try when I get home.

EDIT 2: After taking out my R9 200 and replacing it with an 6570 it worked like a charm, my 6950 works however I'm receiving a lot of screen tearing with it but not with the 6570.

Is somebody able to get the bluetooth working after going to sleep without having to reconnect the BT dongle?

Just a quick head's up to folks using this mobo:

The latest Mobo firmware (maybe earlier ones too) support Xeon 5600-series hexa-core chips out of the box. So does Mavericks. You'll want to reset the BIOS to optimized, because voltages and a few other things will change, and then go in and make sure you have the right things set for OS X/Hackintosh. But not need to reinstall anything else; it'll boot right back up into your current install.

For reference, I'm running a low-power L5639 hexacore overclocked to 3.8 Ghz on all 6 cores, and it scores 17,100 geekbench and tears through video compression and other heavily multithreaded tasks.

I just picked up an X5650, which should let me get a safe 4.2 Ghz OC (because it has a 20X+2 multi, vs. the 16x+2 Multi on my current chip) as long as it's a solid performer. These chips OC better/further, at lower voltages/heat than my previous i7-950.

Best part? They're ~$75 on eBay, as tested pulls from working server farms. That means they've seen plenty of low-power use, no OC'ing, and are likely very, very healthy.

Using core i7 930/GA-x58a-ud5, EVGA GTX 670/g.skill24 GM RAM 1600 Mhz, can't figure out for the life of me why it's not booting, will just load the white screen and shuts down. Using unibeast/mavericks. Any kind of help would be appreciated. Have tried the boot flags like -x -v PcirootUID=1, GraphicsEnabler=No.
Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

10548167_10203337726496159_3285042514664494630_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back