Contribute
Register

[Guide] GA-X58A-UD3R (2.0) BIOS FH - i7 930 - Apple OEM HD5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Energy Saver timeout kicks in, neither the mouse nor the keyboard will wake the computer. However, inserting a USB device does. What do I need to do in order to make the computer wake on keyboard or mouse activity?

I believe there is an option in the BIOS to wake computer with mouse. (I never enabled it)

I just touch the power button of the computer case and it does wake-up fine.

-Matt

The BIOS setting does nothing. Pushing the power button does work, unfortunately the computer is not readily accessible - there is a lot of audio gear in front of it.

The BIOS setting does nothing. Pushing the power button does work, unfortunately the computer is not readily accessible - there is a lot of audio gear in front of it.

Try this in the BIOS disable or off of the CPU PLL (by default it is auto) - see BIOS pic below for reference

This is reaching, but:

If you get a black wake screen Richard325 did this (I have heard that use auto DNS in networks can cause a delay in finder):
The first sleep/wake gave the black screen.
I then added GoogleDNS to System Preferences/Network/Ethernet/Advanced/DNS
These replaced the default numbers.
Not sure what changing the DNS did, but the Black screen problem disappeared after rebooting. It might have been a coincidence.

I just sold my system the other day so I cannot test this myself

-Matt

Attachments

• BIOS_Advanced_Voltage_Settings.jpg
    BIOS_Advanced_Voltage_Settings.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 1,439
I have a Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 3.0 + High Speed Adapter (USB dongle that provides Bluetooth). How can I make it work with the Hackintosh?

splat_matt Thanks to your guide i was able setup my hack with GTX 550 Ti and GTX780 running two monitors.

I encounter the same problem that I can only wake the CPU with power and another problem is that I only manage to get one of the USB 3 port to work. The one that is close to the LAN port doesn't work. Do you have the same problem?

Thanks Again

splat_matt Thanks to your guide i was able setup my hack with GTX 550 Ti and GTX780 running two monitors.

I encounter the same problem that I can only wake the CPU with power and another problem is that I only manage to get one of the USB 3 port to work. The one that is close to the LAN port doesn't work. Do you have the same problem?

Thanks Again

No, both USB 3.0 ports worked on mine. Make sure you are using Zenith432 GenericUSBXHCI 3.0 1.2.7
http://sourceforge.net/projects/genericusbxhci/
This was included in multibeast 6.0.1

Check system/library/extensions folder to see if more than one version exists (multibeast 6.0.0 used an older version) delete them and reinstall again using multibeast 6.0.1 or more direct use kextbeast and install the version from the link above. If only one version is in the folder delete anyway and install one from link above using kextbeast. Reboot and repair permissions.

I have a Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 3.0 + High Speed Adapter (USB dongle that provides Bluetooth). How can I make it work with the Hackintosh?

For the interest of the community were you able to get your system to wake up via mouse/keyboard? If so what worked?

As far as bluetooth support there are many threads that address this issue along with recommended hardware. I don't have answer regarding your particular bluetooth model.

Thank you so much for the guide!
I have the same motherboard, bios FH, Video ATI HD 5000 series.
I tried several times with a SSD Samsung EVO, but anytime I write the Multibeast settings, the system become unavailable.
So I use 2 HDD 120GB 10.000 RPM WD I have abandoned, did a raid 0 on the Marvell Chip and... now works perfectly.

In this moment the machine works with:
USB3
e-Sata
2 raid set: one 120X2 10000RPM for the boot on the Marvell 9128 (GSATA), one 350X2 7200RPM on the Sata 2 connector.
1 Video capture Blackmagic
2 Audio interfaces, one in FireWire 400 one usb
1 HDD usb3 (3TB per video archive FC X Projects)
1 HDD usb3 (3TB Backup Time Machine)
12GB Ram DDR3 1600
Network, LiveCam (Skype and FaceTime)
Smooth and stable machine

Best Wishes for the new year!

Attachments

• Schermata 2013-12-27 alle 01.21.02.jpg
    Schermata 2013-12-27 alle 01.21.02.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 250
Great! I Also have a UD3R rev 2, 930 and 5770. I manage to install everything on 10.9.1. I just installed a Samsung EVO, but I expected a little better performance from it. I'm getting 250 mbs from intel sata 2 ports and 270 mbs from sata 3 ports. My usb 3.0 only works if i boot with the driver connected. And My geekbench is terrible, arround 5200 on multicore performance. Can you help me with any of these issues? Thanks !

I just got a GA-X58A-UD3R (2.0) board myself. I used my old 10.8.x Unibeast USB to install 10.8, download 10.9.2 update, prepare new Unibeast, then I gave it a go.

Followed your guide for the Multibeast settings, pretty similar to what I did myself installing 10.8.x. One thing that made my install a breeze was native GTX 780 support on 10.9.2, definitely was nice having GTX 780 working out of the box vs 10.8.

Thanks splat_matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back