Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 with ATI 5870 – 10.6.8 and Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahsnappp said:
zalman360 said:
Ok one last thing before my attempt to move to Lion,

I have 2 hardisks in my pc one with windows 7 and the other with Snow Leopard, how do i dual boot , because when connected both windows 7 just kicks in ....

F12 at boot to access boot menu, select hdd, then either choose the win or the osx drive.

Hmmm my impression was that a screen with windows logo and apple would have been displayed ( And Iboot Icon above them ) but thats only for 1 hard disk partioned right.

Well that resolved it all , thanks ahsnappp

ahsnappp said:
Gordo74 said:
DSDT Board Rev 1.0 - AC892.amlDSDT Board Rev 1.1 - AC889.aml

**OPTIONAL (Only if you have an SSD that supports TRIM)** 19. Install TRIM enabler from here: http://www.groths.org/?p=308

Do you know the differences between the posted .aml in this thread VS the ones in in the database? (different file size)
edit:
compared the two, they are dozens of different entries - no clue what all those values mean, but looks like there are major differences.

In the end obviously both work (using the one from the database here)

But would be interesting what someone with more knowledge says about those differences.

"better" method to enable TRIM in Lion

http://digitaldj.net/2011/07/21/trim-enabler-for-lion/

btw, 10.7.1 except sleep everything working

AAAND i fixed my short freezes every startup.... NOT network related (get same short freeze when i "reapply" network settings).....it was my usb extension cable for my mouse or the different port used (but also 2.0) - can't believe THIS was the cause - after all my s/w fixing attempts. lol.

These are actually just linked directly to the database.

zalman360 said:
Ok after 5 or 6 times of trying I had to come here to ask a couple of things,

So i start the installation following carefully the guide but after i install the 10.6.8 update (of course not restarting) and installing MB and user dsdt ,with all ticked as supposed i restart and after the apple screen (grey) screen goes black and monitors goes sleepin... My GPU is an xfx 6870 dual fan edition ZDFC , i tried andy's patch before the update also and screen went to full HD but after update and MB still it does not boot... please help me out. I tried multiple times but no hope....

Type AtiConfig=Gibba at startup.

Gordo74 said:
zalman360 said:
Ok after 5 or 6 times of trying I had to come here to ask a couple of things,

So i start the installation following carefully the guide but after i install the 10.6.8 update (of course not restarting) and installing MB and user dsdt ,with all ticked as supposed i restart and after the apple screen (grey) screen goes black and monitors goes sleepin... My GPU is an xfx 6870 dual fan edition ZDFC , i tried andy's patch before the update also and screen went to full HD but after update and MB still it does not boot... please help me out. I tried multiple times but no hope....

Type AtiConfig=Gibba at startup.

That replaces duckweed... hmm interesting, I worked by swapping to the upper dvi port but i will try your command on the previous port...

ahsnappp said:
"better" method to enable TRIM in Lion

http://digitaldj.net/2011/07/21/trim-enabler-for-lion/

btw, 10.7.1 except sleep everything working

AAAND i fixed my short freezes every startup.... NOT network related (get same short freeze when i "reapply" network settings).....it was my usb extension cable for my mouse or the different port used (but also 2.0) - can't believe THIS was the cause - after all my s/w fixing attempts. lol.

Thanks for letting us know! I was wondering, how I could follow these new Instructions for Enabling TRIM, when I had my IOAHCIFAmily.kext already patched by TRIMEnabler 1.2

So I made a copy of the original file off my sisters iMac running 10.7.1
Maybe this could be useful for anyone else. That's why I'll attach the file here.

You may install this with kextbeast

Attachments

• IOAHCIFamily.kext.zip
    215.6 KB · Views: 65
My spec:
MB: GA-P67A-D3-B3
Processor: i7 2600k
Grafic: Gigabyte HD6870
Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
HD: SSD Vertex 3 60GB

This is what I did:
installed 10.6 retail using iBoot
UpdateHelper and reboot using iBoot
ComboUpdate 10.6.8 reboot using iBoot (after this I can turn on SL)
MultiBeast with custom DSDT from tony's Database System Utilities, ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback, ALC889, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins without nVidia, USB3, Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6, MacPro3,1. Installed no errors
Reboot from harddrive and loading OSX then shutdown with working fans

Any idea what am I doing wrong??

EDIT:

I was finally able to boot to lion with the kernel flags "PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000" and GraphicsEnabler=No.

But why?? and what does it mean?? Can someone explain it to me??

EDIT:

It works wit GraphicsEnabler=On only!!

But why?? and what does it mean?? Can someone explain it to me??

Hello again :D

I have now a fully working hackintosh, but I´ve one issue.

When I shutdown or restart my system, the screen turns grey and it says, that I need to restart my computer.

Any ideas?

Hey everyone, I'm working with the GA-P67A-UD3-B3 also. Its great to see people have found success with this board. However, I seem to be stuck at the way beginning. :/

Hardware on this particular system:
-GA-P67A-UD3-B3 (rev 1.1, f4)
-intel core i7-2600k
-4gb ram at the moment for the install
-MSI Twin Frozr N560GTX-Ti (is this my problem? others have supposedly gotten it to work. I have an older ati radeon x1300 pro available to swap if that helps.)

When i try to boot iBoot (3.1.1), it loads a little bit. But before anything shows up, the computer restarts, stuck in a reboot loop. I think I have my BIOS settings correct and I tried burning multiple copies of iBoot (all have the same result).

iBoot legacy boots up but when I replace the iBoot disc with the OSX retail disc and press f5, it boots from somewhere else (windows partition - says something about NTLDR, tells me to restart by pressing ctrl+alt+dlt)

Ive tried other boot loaders but i can never get lion or sl to start the installation, always reboots my computer before the installer starts.

Do you think you could help me out? :cry: :cry: :cry:

UPDATE:
tried the x1300 pro. same symptoms :/

UPDATE #2:
i can't believe it. the problem was that i was using a usb optical drive. got a SATA one and iboot came up fine. :thumbup:

ahsnappp said:
Gordo74 said:
These are actually just linked directly to the database.

Hmmm, just downloaded it again:

The one in this thread links to:

DSDT%20Board%20Rev%201-1.1%20-%20AC889.aml
Created May 23, 2011, 15,743 bytes - edits by MaLd0n Auto-Patcher, tweaks by tonymacx86 at tonymacx86.com 2011-05-22

Whereas the one in the database:

DSDT-GA-P67A-UD3-B3-1.1-F4.aml
Created June 5, 2011, 16,133 bytes - edits by MacMan at tonymacx86.com 2011-06-03

And this two files have multiple different edits.

Comparison with Kaleidoscope.app shows 70 different lines.

You're right. They will both work however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back