Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 with ATI 5870 – 10.6.8 and Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacBeginner said:
I've Used the hd4890 since yesterday on my old hackintosh and it worked Great under 10.6.8 with qe/ci .

I think the Error isnt related to my Video Card. Maybe because i use a USB Stick?

You must install with the xMove approved way.

Hi again,

I've installed 12GB RAM, but About this mac and Geekbench are only recognizing 4GB RAM and System Profiler recognizes 12GB of RAM?
I can only use 4GB at the Moment, but how can i use the other 8gb too?

Any ideas?

Regards

UPDATE:

Now everything works and the memory is recognized.

THX for your help :)

so what is the word on using trim? I read some bad things about it in osx, lion?

Ok after 5 or 6 times of trying I had to come here to ask a couple of things,

So i start the installation following carefully the guide but after i install the 10.6.8 update (of course not restarting) and installing MB and user dsdt ,with all ticked as supposed i restart and after the apple screen (grey) screen goes black and monitors goes sleepin... My GPU is an xfx 6870 dual fan edition ZDFC , i tried andy's patch before the update also and screen went to full HD but after update and MB still it does not boot... please help me out. I tried multiple times but no hope....

Anyone noticed PStates are broken since Lion? In 10.6.8 I had 9 PStates (5 normal + 4 turbo) and Lion only uses 1 normal + 4 turbo (jumps from 16 to 42-43-44-45 :O). You can make them work again by copying macbookpro 8,3 step data to the iMac12,2 plist (considering you're using that model) I'll explain a bit more later, for now you can test your pstates with MSRDumper.kext.

Hi,

after using xMove to install the installtion files to the Installer partition and booting this partition with Chimera it stops at "DSMOS has arrived".

I´ve tried different boot flags like -f -x but still the same result.

Any ideas?

zalman360 said:
Ok after 5 or 6 times of trying I had to come here to ask a couple of things,

So i start the installation following carefully the guide but after i install the 10.6.8 update (of course not restarting) and installing MB and user dsdt ,with all ticked as supposed i restart and after the apple screen (grey) screen goes black and monitors goes sleepin... My GPU is an xfx 6870 dual fan edition ZDFC , i tried andy's patch before the update also and screen went to full HD but after update and MB still it does not boot... please help me out. I tried multiple times but no hope....

Ok just updating my status maybe someone with same GPU as me might help , use the first DVI connector and all issues are solved.....

Lion here i come grawwwwww....

Ok one last thing before my attempt to move to Lion,

I have 2 hardisks in my pc one with windows 7 and the other with Snow Leopard, how do i dual boot , because when connected both windows 7 just kicks in ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back