Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 with ATI 5870 – 10.6.8 and Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT OK I reinstalled everything once more. This time i selected EasyDSDT in multibeast. This was also the only selection. Now OSX boots up and everything seems fine.
Could it be the case that the DSTD file in the database is corrupt?

EDIT I reinstalled everything again and this time i run multibeast with same settings as described in the guide. (first installation was with all settings checked)
This time OSX boots almost all the way. It stucks at a blue screen, the one before the osx wallpaper appears. So almost there...
Again, if i boot with the iBoot cd OSX boots all the way with no promblems at all..
What to do?

Hi

Thanks for a nice guide. Followed it step by step but got stuck at the end.
Right after running the combo update i installed multibeast with ALL settings checked.
(no reeboot between the two installers)
Everything seemed fine but now it wont boot correctly without iBoot.
I get the following messegae on screen.
If i boot with iBoot everything is OK.

My system is
P67A-UD3-B3 F4
i5 2500k
4gb RAM
Asus Nvidia 7900GS

It seems like a small problem since booting with iBoot works fine but i dont know what it can be and where to start the troubleshooting.
Please Help me =)

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 384
Thanks Gordo, I have a working hackintosh with similar specs because of you!

I have P67A-UD3-B3 (Same as you)
i7 2600k
10GB Ramos ram
Radeon HD 5450

Great guide Gordo. I have used this for my GA-P67A-UD3-B3 1.0 board running F5. I cannot get sleep working at all. I have tried all of the tips on this thread and whatever else i can find on the forum. Sleep does with in SL but not in Lion. I have a Sapphire 6870, Sony DVD, and everything that should be able to sleep. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use sleep a lot, and therefor really want to get it working with my build.
Thank you!

mishok said:
Great guide Gordo. I have used this for my GA-P67A-UD3-B3 1.0 board running F5. I cannot get sleep working at all. I have tried all of the tips on this thread and whatever else i can find on the forum. Sleep does with in SL but not in Lion. I have a Sapphire 6870, Sony DVD, and everything that should be able to sleep. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use sleep a lot, and therefor really want to get it working with my build.
Thank you!

we have the same vid, mobo and processor. Lemme know if you get sleep working!

10.7.3 came out today hopefully it somehow fixes it or everyones breaks and people will be forced to find a fix...

Im not a fan of buying new hardware every point update to fix issues thats the biggest problem with osx86

Thanks for this awesome guide Gordon.

I have got nearly the same build, with the exception, that I am using a 5770 for graphics.

It runs stable on 10.7.2. Even sleep works (Ok it wakes up and goes to sleep again if after 3 hours of sleep)

But whats with 10.7.3? Has anybody tried it ?

Hi guys,

i was wondering if it was possible to use mac pro 5,1 under system definitions? i tried but are getting an KP at boot up, the reason for this is that i have problem with random KP with my currently GFX, and this could maybe trigger the power kext to be used otherwise.

Hi,

is there any update of DSDT for F8 bios and revision 1.0 with ALC892?

THX a mil for all your contributions.

Couple of questions.

I am on Unibeast Lion and Windows 8 on separate drives.
all is well as of now.

1)
If I want to add one more hard drive, (this would be a 2TB data drive I should be able to use as data storage for OSX lion and Windows) how do I portion this, with OSX or windows?

2) Do I need to run multibeast for any change that I do in OSX? If so do I need to check all the options, that I used in the Begin, every time? Specifically repair permissions?

Thanks for the guide Gordo74 - Brilliant!!

i7 2600K @ 4.0GHz, GA-P67A-UD3-B3, 16GB ram, G-Force 8600GT 256 GFX, WD Black 64MB SATA3, R3 case, Coolermaster 500w silent fan, 2 x 1394 PCI Firewire cards (TI Chipset) with an added port on the front panel (www.Frontx.com). OSX 10.6.8. USB Bluetooth. All works great, sleep, USB 3.0, ethernet and it rocks.

Running DAW PT8 with a mountain of tracks and Soft Synths with 6% CPU usage!

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back