Graphics
EVGA GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is going to be a pretty basic guide mainly covering my multibeast settings and such.

Specs:

GA P55 USB3 REV 2 F* BIOS
EVGA 9500GT
CORE I5 750

Steps:
1. Create Unibeast drive (didn't have to install Legacy USB support, although it's fixed in new versions of Unibeast)

2. Set appropriate bios settings.

3 Boot from Unibeast drive and wipe out my SSD.

4. Install on SSD (about 15 minutes)

5. Reboot into SSD from Unibeast drive.

6. Get to the desktop.

7. Download Multibeast and DSDT for F8.

8. Run Multibeast with the settings in the image.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I had to manually drop my DSDT into my Extra folder.

9. Reboot from SSD.

10. Everything should work fine now.

Side Note: In about this Mac CPU is recognized as 2.8 instead of 2.67. I don't care about this honestly, might be due to using iMac 12.2

A huge thanks to TonyMacx86, MacMan, and the rest of the crew for the awesome site. My hackintosh has been running great for almost 2 years now.

I can't wait to Upgrade to Ivy Bridge in the upcoming weeks! Super Stoked!

IMAC 12.2 was used as SMBIOS.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-09-01 at 1.23.52 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-09-01 at 1.23.52 PM.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 961
I have a nearly identical machine. It'd be very helpful to know what BIOS settings you're using and to know exactly what options in Multibeast you used. Thanks so much!

me too ;)
please post your multibeast settings,
is USB3 working?

Awesome. This install worked perfectly (sans sleep) on my - GA-P55-USB3 rev 2 F9 board with a i7-870 CPU with Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

Thanks much.

This is going to be a pretty basic guide mainly covering my multibeast settings and such.

Specs:

GA P55 USB3 REV 2 F* BIOS
EVGA 9500GT
CORE I5 750

Steps:
1. Create Unibeast drive (didn't have to install Legacy USB support, although it's fixed in new versions of Unibeast)

2. Set appropriate bios settings.

3 Boot from Unibeast drive and wipe out my SSD.

4. Install on SSD (about 15 minutes)

5. Reboot into SSD from Unibeast drive.

6. Get to the desktop.

7. Download Multibeast and DSDT for F8.

8. Run Multibeast with the settings in the image.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I had to manually drop my DSDT into my Extra folder.

9. Reboot from SSD.

10. Everything should work fine now.

Side Note: In about this Mac CPU is recognized as 2.8 instead of 2.67. I don't care about this honestly, might be due to using iMac 12.2

A huge thanks to TonyMacx86, MacMan, and the rest of the crew for the awesome site. My hackintosh has been running great for almost 2 years now.

I can't wait to Upgrade to Ivy Bridge in the upcoming weeks! Super Stoked!

IMAC 12.2 was used as SMBIOS.

What the.... you don't need legacy USB for this MOBO anymroe? Needed it for 10.7 because whenever I plugged in anything into USB I got a KP. Going to check the configurations that you suggested above, only w/o TRIM, I'm not using an SSD. Will post back, just to contribute for more information regarding my results for anyone in the future stumbling across this thread. This is my 2nd clean install due to failure of MB everytime I attempt to install kext. Cannot understand why. Did a clean install, if it happened again guess I'll be scrutinizing the install log.

What the.... you don't need legacy USB for this MOBO anymroe? Needed it for 10.7 because whenever I plugged in anything into USB I got a KP. Going to check the configurations that you suggested above, only w/o TRIM, I'm not using an SSD. Will post back, just to contribute for more information regarding my results for anyone in the future stumbling across this thread. This is my 2nd clean install due to failure of MB everytime I attempt to install kext. Cannot understand why. Did a clean install, if it happened again guess I'll be scrutinizing the install log.

Have you completed your Mt Lion install?
I have Ga-P55a-UD3 with MSI r5770 video. CLOSE.
My USB mouse & keyboard are frozen post Multibeast. I have to get to the ML install via USB zip drive. Directly screen goes black after 1 sec of spinning wheel. Any ideas?

Looks like I'm running the same motherboard / cpu. Everything seems to be up and running. Still have yet to install Final Cut, but we'll see where things go. Thanks for the guide! Forum contributions always help out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back