Contribute
Register

[Guide] GA-H87N-WIFI: UniBeast/Yosemite to Clover/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, its probably the most confusing part of what I've done so far. Last night I got imessage to work by signing in to icloud in sys prefs but I could not get SMS working(i don't have wifi). Restarted my computer this morning and I can send SMS but not iMessages! Guess I have a new adventure with it tonight:banghead:

When I've tried to ~/ssdtPRGen.sh I got this error:
Code:
[B]ssdtPRGen.sh[/B][FONT=Menlo] v0.9  Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]             v6.6  Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]             v17.7 Copyright (c) 2013-2016 by Pike R. Alpha[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]-----------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][B]Bugs[/B] > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][B]System information[/B]: Mac OS X 10.11.3 (15D21)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][B]Brandstring[/B]: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4330 CPU @ 3.50GHz"[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][B]Notice[/B]: Downloading extractACPITables.zip ...[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]/Users/flint/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2469:   974 Segmentation fault: 11  "${gToolPath}/extractACPITables"[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][B]Error[/B]: /Users/flint/Library/ssdtPRGen/DSDT.aml not found![/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][B]Aborting ...[/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Done.[/FONT]
If I put DSDT from the OP there then I got this error:
Code:
[B]ssdtPRGen.sh[/B][FONT=Menlo] v0.9  Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]             v6.6  Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]             v17.7 Copyright (c) 2013-2016 by Pike R. Alpha[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]-----------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][B]Bugs[/B] > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][B]System information[/B]: Mac OS X 10.11.3 (15D21)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][B]Brandstring[/B]: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4330 CPU @ 3.50GHz"[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]/Users/flint/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2469:  1027 Segmentation fault: 11  "${gToolPath}/extractACPITables"[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][B]Error[/B]: /Users/flint/Library/ssdtPRGen/APIC.aml not found![/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][B]Aborting ...[/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Done.[/FONT]
What should I do now? Thank you!

And one more thing... Is this crap fixable? (sorry for flash) :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kys2bz3f126mrtd/IMG_0112.JPG

Seems odd that it's giving ACPI errors. Did you do a UEFI install? You can also try the "beta" branch of ssdtPRGen.sh if the regular one gives these problems.

As for the splitting logo, I've only seen that with integrated graphics, and there are some Clover patches for it. I think they don't eliminate it entirely but do cut down on the length of time any artifacts are visible. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/145308-fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.html

Thanks for this thread. I have a X79-UP4 gigabyte board, but the kext cleaning process helped me get rid of naughty intermittent kernel panics on startup. Thank you!

I've got a BCM94352HMB card and replaced my older atheros with it. After that I've boot into 10.11.3 and update system to 10.11.4 without patching kexts. After update I got prohibited sign with OsxAptioDrvFix and relocation block. I can only boot in safe mode but I can not do anything with efi cause mount_msdos is not available. What should I do? Thank you!
---
Fix: had to hook up my ssd to macbook and replace OsxAptioDrvFix by OsxAptioDrv2Fix

(Edit update: I came across references to a kext called CodeCommander, so I've installed it into /S/L/E snd rebooted and I seem to have audio after sleep. Fingers crossed ?
I still have the Sleep / Wake / Sleep loop though, so seeking help with sleeping please)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ammulder

I too am on a GA-H87N-WIFI v1.1, that was mostly happily running 10.9.5. (I'd get the KP, but I could never track down the offender(s). But in it's defence, it's running many hour a day recording & playing OTA/FTA TV via EyeTV & 2 Diversity Dual TV Tuners.
And I went with a DSDT free build.

I followed (I hope) the instructions @ http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...supported-intel-based-pc.172672/#post_install and http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-ga-h87n-wifi-unibeast-yosemite-to-clover-el-capitan.173311/ and my Hackintosh mostly fires up just fine. (fingers crossed)

(I cloned my Mavericks install to a 'new' HDD, and deleted the kexts I could I identify, then I tested booting to UniBeast, and was able to upgrade Mavericks to El Capitan, and then install what I think is the usual stuff in MultiBeast)

I used UniBeast-6.2.0 and MultiBeast-El-Capitan-Edition-8.2.2
I did update Clover to v2.3k r3543 from v2.3k r3423 and have the Clover Pref pane installed too.
(while I was trying to debug my issue(s) )

Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707 Drivers > Network > Atheros > AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.0d0
Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3423 UEFI Boot Mode Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1

For the BIOS, I updated to F9 from F8, reset the BIOS to the "Defaults" and made the following changes based on what I read in the above linked articles.
So, in my Hack2 - GA-H87N-WiFi v1.1

*BIOS Features:
Fast Boot: Disabled
Intel Virtualization Technology (aka) VT-d: Disabled
Windows 8 Features: Other OS
Boot Mode Selection: UEFI Only
LAN PXE Boot Option ROM: Disabled
*Peripherals:
Initial Display Output: IGFX (cause I don't have a Graphics Card. instead of: PCIe 1 Slot (if graphics card installed))
XHCI Mode: Smart Auto
XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
EHCI Hand-off: Enabled
Peripherals>Super IO Configuration
Serial Port A: Disabled
Peripherals>Intel(R) Ethernet Network Connection i217-V>NIC Configuration
Wake on LAN: Disabled
*Power Management
Resume by Alarm
Wake on LAN: Disabled
Soft-Off by PWR-BTTN: Delay 4 Sec
Power On By Keyboard: Any key

Clover Configurator:

In Clover Configurator:
I do have -v for verbose mode (I like to see what's happening when booting), and "dart=0"
I did try different "darkwake" settings but they didn't solve the sleep/wake issue.
I haven't edited or added any other parameters in Clover Configurator
In Clover Configurator, I see under Kernel and Kext Patches the only checked options are:
KernelPM, Apple RTC, and Asus AICUPM Why "Asus AICUPM" is checked for a GA-H87N board I don't know, but I'm assuming "Asus AICUPM" is needed ?

So, the hardware/software:
GA-H87N-WIFI, 16GB Ram, and 4 HDDs, El Capitan 10.11.5
(USB, and SATA, and IGFX / Intel HD 4600 for the display.)

My issues are loss of audio after sleep, and a vicious Sleep/Wake cycle.
I have no audio after sleep(ing) and when the beastie goes to sleep it immediately wakes back up but the display is dark, and then moments later, goes back to sleep, and wakes up to a dark monitor ad nauseam. If I tap the keyboard the screen light up as per usual.
And the loss of sound happens after I "break the vicious sleep/wake cycle" by pressing any key on the keyboard. I also have "wake for network access" off in System Preferences>Energy Saver
After waking, the OS "thinks" that it has the ability to "make noise" but discovers that "in space no one can hear you scream"
I have to reboot to restore audio output.
Back when this Hackintosh was running Mavericks (and earlier ?), after an OS update, I'd go back and install the Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892 kext from MultiBeast 6.1.0 (?) and restore the ability to have sound across sleep / wake cycles.

Can you suggest something I can try ?

cheers & thanks for reading

furbies...

(I think I attached a pdf showing screenshots of most of the BIOS menus/options, if it helps)

Attachments

• Hack2 F9 BIOS.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 293
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back