Contribute
Register

[Guide] GA-H87N-WIFI: UniBeast/Yosemite to Clover/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
i have few questions before i start the process of update to El-Capitan from the GM and because i used this manual i found it the right place for my question :

Is it safe to use this manual to update ?

I'm in perfect situation with great working machine and don't want to kill it.....

thanks

You can use the procedure in this post, or the procedure you linked to (though, if you do that, you should be posting there not here).

I feel like in the end my results were slightly better doing a backup and a clean install and transferring the data to the new install with Migration Assistant. But the in-place upgrade should work too if you'd rather do that. You just may need to clear out some outdated kexts along the way if you have panics or crashes.

Hi ammulder

Just wondered, why the change in system definition? I'm using almost the same configuration as you including the wifi/BT card (although I have an older GT 640 graphics card and only an i3 CPU).

Is there any benefit to using the iMac system definition?

Thank you!

You can use the procedure in this post, or the procedure you linked to (though, if you do that, you should be posting there not here).

I feel like in the end my results were slightly better doing a backup and a clean install and transferring the data to the new install with Migration Assistant. But the in-place upgrade should work too if you'd rather do that. You just may need to clear out some outdated kexts along the way if you have panics or crashes.

you mean i need to start all the process from the start in youre manual ? i can't just install the update from the App Store?

Sure. I've used the your manual - I'm booting with clover menu

Nice guide.. This is what I was looking for..:clap:.
Little question: I have the same mother board that you have, but I use the HD4600. So what should change in step 8 of final hardware setup section:
8. Double-click the audio-cloverALX-110.command file in Finder. When prompted, answer:

• Confirm Realtek ALC892 (y/n): y
  • Enable HD4600 HDMI audio (y/n): [y] <-- I use the HD4600!
  • Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): y <-- [y or n]?
  • Use Audio ID: 1 (y/n): y <-- this looks like to still be 1.

If you want audio over HDMI then you should answer y to Enable HD4600 HDMI audio (y/n). If you do your audio through speakers, headphones, etc. then I think you still want to answer n. You do want audio injection and ID 1 (though I'm not sure whether it still prompts for those if you say y to HDMI audio; I haven't tried it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back