RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Guide to install Lion on GA-H67M-UD2H-B3 Rev 1.0 with I3-2105

First of all i m not an expert, have some experience installing hacks (since leopard), but thats all.
On this guide only want to share my experience, and try to help if i can/know :)

0- My Hardware
Case - http://thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1328&ID=1435
IMG_2063.JPG

GA-H67M-UD2H-B3 Rev 1.0 - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3813#sp
IMG_2072.JPG

I3-2105 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115090
IMG_2073.JPG

Rev 1.0 :(
IMG_2064.JPG

My first mistake was the model review, when ordered, forgot to mention Rev1.1 and got rev 1.0. Think the only important difference is Realtek ALC892 codec. I would have preferred the ALC889 from ver1.1, well... i can leave with that :)

1- BIOS
Bios setings (copy/past from macmini guide)
-Load Optimized Defaults and reboot
-384mb shared video RAM for onboard graphics with 4GB RAM.
-480mb shared video RAM for onboard graphics with 8GB RAM. (used this)
-SATA to AHCI mode
-HPET 64 bit mode

2- Clean Lion 10.7.3 Installation
- Make your Lion USB installation pen with Unibeast tool from tonymac team.
- Press F12 to star with boot menu - Choose USB HDD
- Type GraphicsEnabler=No to start installation.

Note: Here problems start. Using hdmi port my System hang on apple screen. Couldn't do nothing only hard reset. Forgot to try GraphicsEnabler=No, so can't tell if it work or not. - After recent fresh install could test this, and it works.
Installed my old pci graphic card and this time could resume my Lion installation.

3- Pimp your hack
- Download DSDT from tonymac database and last multi beast. (do this from other PC, you not suppose to have network working)
- Put you dsdt on desktop and run multi beast with the follow settings. (copy/past from macmini guide)

-ATTENTION - Don't use Realtek Netwok Driver if you do heavy network traffic. Transmission, Ut*****t and heavy lan traffic result in KP. Use Lnx2Mac driver. In case you already installed the Realtek driver, restore your IONetworkingFamily.kext (on attach 10.7.3 from original mac) with kextBeast ( viewforum.php?f=125 ) and install Ln2x driver with Multibeast. Restart and type "UseKernelCache=No" at boot to restart cash.
file.php

-Restart

Note: after this, removed my pci graphic card and tried again with internal HD3000 from i3 using VGA port. Again couldn't start Lion. This time i tried GraphicsEnabler=No and it work. But as you know GraphicsEnabler=No sucks :), no one want that...
After some reading, found the solution, GraphicsEnabler=Yes only works with HDMI port. And it works !!!

Conclusions:
I need to do some more test, but i can confirm this:
- Digital Optical out works
- Internal Network card RTL8111E works
- HDMI full resolution HD works
- Back and front USB works
- hardware accelerated video playback with HD3000 (Tested with Plex, playing 30 gb mkv movie, CPU=17%. My old MC do CPU=140% on same movie)
- The "famous" artifacts of hd3000 - Nothing until now, but need more tests.
- Final power consume - 40W (Old MC 110W) nice :D
- DVI port works with GraphicsEnabler=Yes (Thanks to jb4bass)
- Realtek driver result in KP when use t*****t programs (transmission, ut*****t). Ln2xMac work fine with this programs.
- Found artifacts when using screen sharing. Never saw locally. (using HDMI with Sony 42')

Need to test:
- hardware accelerated video playback with HD3000 - OK
- Manual Sleep, Auto Sleep
- The "famous" artifacts of hd3000 - Keep testing
- Final power consume

Keep updating this post after more findings

Hope this Post help some one :)

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2063.JPG
    IMG_2063.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_2072.JPG
    IMG_2072.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_2073.JPG
    IMG_2073.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_2064.JPG
    IMG_2064.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 557
  • IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice guide. Thanks.

I can confirm that the DVI port also works without using GraphicsEnabler=No

Did not even try VGA.

The Lnx2Mac Realtek driver sorts out the Kernel panics I was getting on RTL8169 in IONetworkingFamily.kext for the Realtek 8111E NIC.

freituk said:
The KP's were random or when booting?

The KP's were totally random until I switched to the Lnx2Mac kext. Then it was sorted, and has been for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back