Contribute
Register

Guide - Fusion Drive using tonymacx86 Tools & Chimera

Great tutorial, I was able to get it booted up and running.

However, I can no longer login to iCloud or iMessage. Has anyone else had this issue?

I tried to find a solution, but didn't find anything regarding this happening after setting up a fusion drive.

Thanks,

Adam

Initially yes but after installing the Lnx2Macs ethernet driver for my board, no problem

Yes, kernel flag of "UseKernelCache=Yes" does the trick it now boots perfectly.

Note: Fusion Drive works fine on notebook.

Should I enable trim support for the SSD of my Fusion Drive?

I have with no issue so far.

For those who have "can't find problem" in chimera and put them back when selecting one of Fusion drives, you must use UserKernelCache set to yes
There is no mach_kernel on Boot partitions of this drives so you must use cache or other partition that has kernel.. as someone find out that selecting Install will work for this reason

When I set UseKernelCache=Yes screen goes dim during boot and no audio, after re-boot.

Copied mach_kernel to both "Boot OS X" partions of Fusion Drive however can still only boot with UseKernelCache=Yes. Is there any other way?

I reinstalled the KEXT and also cleared out my SystemConfig folder.

Still getting the "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account".

Well I'm going try figure out whats up with it 2moro, only realised earlier trying to find a phone number and my contacts were not there.

Sure it'll be something easy to solve, how long have you been aware of it?

Apart from this I'm loving the fusion drive, yeah its a little slower than ssd alone but booting is faster and find things just seem to work better without having symbolic links to all my documents on my hdd.

Matt

Do you have EthernetBuiltIn to Yes in your plist? Also did you try changing the serial number in your smbios? Those two i have heard fix a majority of icloud issues.

I'm also having iCloud/iMessage issues with the Fusion Drive, and I've tried everything except EFI injection. I think it might be something to do with the UUID of the Fusion Drive?

I was able to sign into iCloud using the method below, but this obviously doesn't help with iMessage. Will keep trying to find a better solution.

Posted http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/80015-icloud-login-fails-fusion-drive.html
Also have this problem. I was able to sign into iCloud by deleting the boot.plist from the boot partitions of the two drives and loading the system through the Unibeast USB. If you select one of the Fusion Drives first (it should say 'can't find') in the loader THEN select the USB it should load the system on the Fusion Drive using the USB's Chimera settings.

EDIT: Solution?

I'm also having iCloud/iMessage issues with the Fusion Drive, and I've tried everything except EFI injection. I think it might be something to do with the UUID of the Fusion Drive?

I was able to sign into iCloud using the method below, but this obviously doesn't help with iMessage. Will keep trying to find a better solution.

Posted http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/80015-icloud-login-fails-fusion-drive.html
Also have this problem. I was able to sign into iCloud by deleting the boot.plist from the boot partitions of the two drives and loading the system through the Unibeast USB. If you select one of the Fusion Drives first (it should say 'can't find') in the loader THEN select the USB it should load the system on the Fusion Drive using the USB's Chimera settings.

I checked the logs while trying to login, I saw the errors, but I don't know what is exactly causing them.

I've gone back to separate drives for now.

Back