Contribute
Register

Guide - Fusion Drive using tonymacx86 Tools & Chimera

I do not think that this is the problem, I did the same way as my other 2 hack by following the guide, I have tried 2 times and the same result

thank you even when

Sorry to hear that... Does it boot to it from your usb drive?

So for anyone with problems with this method, check the UUID that you are setting as the boot-uuid. It is not the same as the logical volume UUID you use when creating the fusion drive during this step:

Type diskutil coreStorage createVolume A0E3CC23-DB6F-4320-85F3-B51F83715937 jhfs+ "MyFusionDrv" 100% [enter] and the system returns the following

Make sure you use the new logical volume UUID for the volume MyFusionDrv.

yes it bootable, usb key, it will have to wait a chimera or chameleon bootloader such that it works on some laptops

as HP 4530s

Has anyone gotten iCloud to work with this? Seems to be able to access App Store but not iCloud when booting into the Fusion drive. Works fine on single volume boot-up.

Has anyone gotten iCloud to work with this? Seems to be able to access App Store but not iCloud when booting into the Fusion drive. Works fine on single volume boot-up.

Yes. Works fine for me.

Great walkthrough. I noticed something different from my default install compared to yours at the org.chameleion.Boot.plist edit step: My org.chameleion.Boot.plist didn't have the "PCIRootUID=1" comment yours did, and when I first followed this guide I got KP at the Apple logo when booting.

After redoing EVERYTHING, I added the "PCIRootUID=1" after the inserted "rd=uuid boot-uuid=" string and now everything works great.

i7 2600k
MSI Z68MA-ED55
AMD HD 6870
16GB RAM

Can I use this method with my 2x2TB HDD and 1x120GB SSD? is this possible?

Back