Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Full Power Management w/ Dual/Single Broadwell-EP/Haswell-EP CPUs on 10.12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have tried the new ssdt file. But no luck so far.
Attached is the AppleintelInfo output.

it has a hw.busfrequency error and c-states seem to be disabled (except C1e).??

i will try to change some settings in bios and let you know.

if anyone has some info that can help please let me know,

thanks Maik

Attachments

• AppleIntelInfo.kext v1.8e Copyright © 2012-2016 Pike R. Alpha. All….pdf
    30.3 KB · Views: 933
Now a funny thing happened ?? I put haswell fake cpu id (0x0306E0) in clover and could not get past boot screen.
I then booted up from my usb stick (Sierra Install disk) and choose Mac HD to boot. Suddenly all Power management is working??? (see attachement)

WTF??:crazy::think::eek:

I tried copying the usb efi to hdd but no power management. Booting up with USB and choosing HDD shows Power states properly. So strange behaviour…….

I' ll keep digging and try to come up with someting usefull.

thanks Maik

Attachments

• intelcpuman.png
    intelcpuman.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 415
I'm following up this with great interest ! Good luck.

Hi All,

Finally!!! I got the PM to work with me :thumbup:. I followed the guide from Metacollin and changed some parameters and settings. (see attachments)

Afaik the thing that was blocking correct output was AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext both loaded up when starting the system.
After removing them from S/L/E the PM started to work, finally.:headbang:
You can check if yours is loaded by: kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu. If output is blank you are good, if not you need to remove them from S/L/E.

In the attachments you can find my settings and Geekbench score. Both running native stock at 3.3 and overclocked at 4.3 Ghz. One thing to mention is that I also changed QPI settings to 10 in clover Plist. In the blogs from Piker (SSdt Script generator and vector script creator, which i both used for PM) he states that the output the bios is generating (40000000) for my specific cpu is wrong and should be (10000000). Check your output in terminal by: sysctl hw | grep frequency. Piker has a nice calculating method for using values with your own procesor. just search his blogs :)

Also you might need com.apple.driver.X86PlatformPlugin and com.apple.driver.X86PlatformShim loaded.
check in terminal: kextstat|grep -y x86plat. If it generates a line (or more) of output your fine.

Please let me know if you need more info or have questions,

Thanks MaikACPI_Plist.pngipg_bench_stock_speed.pngGeekbench_stock_speed.pngCPUQPi_Plist.pngGeekbench_Overclock_4.3.pngkernelkexts_Plist.pngIPG_Bench_Overclock_4.3.png

Deleting AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext or any other Apple kext is not the correct way to fix anything. The solution is to find a way to get XCPM properly working and then AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext won't load. If you have max cpu under load you should be running GB scores of 'bout 26000 @4.3

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 2.59.40 PM.png
Notice flat line cpu under load. Luck with it...

Last edited:
You might totally be right asus-freak. But with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext loaded my cpu is total flatline also....withapplecpuloaded.png

Any word of advise here is really appreciated... :)

You can forget 'bout XCPM if you like, let AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext load, add nullcpumanagement.kext and with good SSDT get cpu to max at load (43) in your case and drop to 12 on idle..

You can forget 'bout XCPM if you like, let AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext load, add nullcpumanagement.kext and with good SSDT get cpu to max at load (43) in your case and drop to 12 on idle..

just tried that Asus-Freak and it looks to me the same as when i used XCPM with Apple intelkexts removed.

ipg_nulled.png

Not sure what the difference is?

And do you think it is now with nullpowermanagement more "safe" to overclock is overclocking over rated?

How could you try it since you removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? What does "more safe" mean. Why OC at all? Are you running apps that require more horsepower than the 5820K at stock? I'm suggesting you get the box running correctly at stock settings before moving on to anything else. When you get the box right your GB scores at stock speed will be better anything you've posted thus far. Luck with this, you guys seem to be moving along OK in this thread.

How could you try it since you removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? What does "more safe" mean. Why OC at all? Are you running apps that require more horsepower than the 5820K at stock? I'm suggesting you get the box running correctly at stock settings before moving on to anything else. When you get the box right your GB scores at stock speed will be better anything you've posted thus far. Luck with this, you guys seem to be moving along OK in this thread.

Well Maybe you've heard of the ability to backup and restore files, folders or even complete hard disks.... Please forgive me my ignorance here :)

Anyway more safe is my lame term for using the most sufficient pm process possible here.
And yes To OC, Or Not To OC? Why tune your car? Why try to achieve the best results at sports, games or whatever you cup of thee is....?

But thank you for your input, it does help reflecting about the choices I have with managing my rig :)

Have a great weekend ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back