Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Mavericks on Two Z68X-UD3H Systems - One Using HD3000 / One Using 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the sleep problem. It was working perfectly, then noting that Stork had USB 3 working I followed his settings and now it doesn't wake up properly. I have to disconnect and reconnect my mouse/keyboard to be able to use them. Will fiddle about.

I've upgraded to 10.9.4, with combo update - didn't bother running multi beast and everything works as it should.... No probs with sleep or audio, can't test USB3 as don't have a drive now...

Just updated my Son-of-Zorro build with Mavericks 10.9.5 (from 10.9.4) following my procedure in Post #2 here. I also updated the original post with the latest MultiBeast for Mavericks configuration.

Audio works after wake up from sleep. :thumbup:

Reviving and old thread...I'm on Lion 10.7.x with the same board but with F10 bios. My sleep works fine but no USB3. I only use the machine for music production so don't know about sound issues. I have a usb interface for sound. I just bought a used EVGA GeForce GTX650 to upgrade my video card.

Should I:

1. Go to F12 bios? I assume I don't need to use UEFI?
2. Go to Mavericks (upgrade) to limit re-installs or do I have to do a clean install?

Reviving and old thread...I'm on Lion 10.7.x with the same board but with F10 bios. My sleep works fine but no USB3. I only use the machine for music production so don't know about sound issues. I have a usb interface for sound. I just bought a used EVGA GeForce GTX650 to upgrade my video card.

Should I:

1. Go to F12 bios? I assume I don't need to use UEFI?
2. Go to Mavericks (upgrade) to limit re-installs or do I have to do a clean install?
I'm on F12 BIOS and recommend it along with the F12 BIOS DSDT from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database (see the downloads menu for the DSDT Database). BTW, Mavericks is no longer available from Apple's Mac App Store, so you'll have to install Yosemite.

I'm on F12 BIOS and recommend it along with the F12 BIOS DSDT from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database (see the downloads menu for the DSDT Database). BTW, Mavericks is no longer available from Apple's Mac App Store, so you'll have to install Yosemite.

I have a download of Mavericks from my Macmini.
Should I try 'upgrade' my Lion to Mavericks or start with a blank HD?

I have a download of Mavericks from my Macmini.
I don't understand. You downloaded Mavericks on your Mac Mini from where?

Should I try 'upgrade' my Lion to Mavericks or start with a blank HD?
I'd back up your Lion installation with Copy Carbon Cloner or SuperDuper. Then, using the UniBeast for Mavericks Guide, install Mavericks over your Lion build. Finally, after the installation, run a complete MultiBeast for Mavericks "load" as per my original post in this thread. You will have to update your applications.

If you are using iWorks and/or iLife, I'd recommend a fresh install; download Pages, Keynote and Numbers for free, then use the Migration Assistant to bring over your applications and User data from your backup.

I don't understand. You downloaded Mavericks on your Mac Mini from where?

I downloaded Mavericks on the MacMini when I updated it from ML.

I'd back up your Lion installation with Copy Carbon Cloner or SuperDuper. Then, using the UniBeast for Mavericks Guide, install Mavericks over your Lion build. Finally, after the installation, run a complete MultiBeast for Mavericks "load" as per my original post in this thread. You will have to update your applications.

If you are using iWorks and/or iLife, I'd recommend a fresh install; download Pages, Keynote and Numbers for free, then use the Migration Assistant to bring over your applications and User data from your backup.

Sounds simple enough. I'm also upgrading my Nvidia 9800GT video card to a EVGA 650gtx. Is it plug and play?

...I'm also upgrading my Nvidia 9800GT video card to a EVGA 650gtx. Is it plug and play?
It should be. I'm using the GTX 650 Ti is several of my builds, and the 650 Ti was plug and play with the UniBeast / MultiBeast defaults (GraphicsEnabler=No).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back