Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Mavericks on Two Z68X-UD3H Systems - One Using HD3000 / One Using 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! My two Z68X-UD3H systems are great hackintoshes! :thumbup:

10.9.3 is out. See my post #2 for the tried and true procedure. MultiBeast v6.2.2 is out with updated audio drivers/kexts.

Is AirPlay working on your setup? That's the only place I am running into an issue with mine.

Yes. I have an AirPort Express attached to my A/V receiver, and I can play music on Son-of-Zorro through the A/V/R. I do not have an AppleTV so I can't test AirPlay Mirroring.

What's your set up on the Hack? When I open iTunes, I don't even have the icon to use AirPlay. I just got a really cool receiver by Marantz that does AirPlay. Works on the PC, can't get it to fire on the Hack.

My Airport Express appears in the System Preference Sound pane, and iTunes recognizes the Airport Express as an output (computer is the other one). In iTunes, there is an icon just to the right of the volume slide bar in the top (left) iTunes window; this icon will give you a drop menu showing the available devices to send the music.

AirPlay is working like a charm. Turns out it had nothing to do with my Hack, I had to connect my Marantz receiver to the network using a WiFi connection. Once I did that I was streaming my library using AirPlay!

Updated to 10.9.4 without any problems. See my post here for the procedure.

Thanks Stork for your guide,

I tried to run MultiBeast with your DSDT, but that didn't work because i had UEFI my Z68X-UD3H-B3. I just ticked the "DSDT Free" in MultiBeast, and followed your list.
Finally that worked !!!

Thanks Stork for your guide,

I tried to run MultiBeast with your DSDT, but that didn't work because i had UEFI my Z68X-UD3H-B3. I just ticked the "DSDT Free" in MultiBeast, and followed your list.
Finally that worked !!!
You're welcome. I'm glad you finally got your system running. Gigabyte attempted to bring the Sandy Bridge systems into the UEFI age with marginal success. The good news is that the UEFI BIOS on the Z68X-UD3H doesn't need a DSDT like the Award BIOS. So, good info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back