Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Mavericks on Two Z68X-UD3H Systems - One Using HD3000 / One Using 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
I initially had both monitors connected via DVI but later switched my main 27" Auria to DP. I also have the Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H mobo and went into the BIOS and set Init Display First parameter to PCIEx16 as it was just PCI. In addition to not seeing the BIOS I also could not see Chimera either till I added the second monitor.
When you replaced the 9800 with the 660 Ti, did you change the GraphicsEnabler from Yes to No in the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file?

I finally fixed my sleep issue by changing my system definitions from MacPro 3,1 to iMac 12,2. I am able to wake with USB, the power button, and bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Only took me 3 years to get a fully functioning system.

I am already upgrade from 10.7.5 (system definition iMac 12,2, fully functional - sleep, wake, etc - no problem) to Mavericks (unfortunately I don't have downloaded ML from Apple Store) on an F12 Z68X-UD3H-B3, i5-2500K, HD 6850, WD SATA 1TB, apple USB keyboard and USB mouse. I prepare USB with Mavericks (UniBeast 3.0.1), remove HD 6850 and install new GeForce GFX 760 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CU9GOAE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20). Install Mavericks with no problem, prepare with MultiBeast - Mavericks 6.2.1 + downloaded DSDT:

MultiBeast Configuration - 2014-03-31 08:49:39
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Start > UserDSDT - /Users/xxxxxxxx/Desktop/DSDT.aml
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT > ALC889
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.0.1123
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Instant Menu
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i5
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

System boot, application works (except Apple DVD player - error [-70002] and non functional eject button) but am having an issue with sleep where the system goes to sleep fine, but when I try to wake it up (usb keyboard or mouse or power button) I have no video output. (monitor Samsung S20A300, connected to DVI)
I try another system definition (iMac 12,2, MacMini 5,1, iMac 13,1) but no luck. I add darkwake=0, changed value to 8 - no effects, no signal in monitor with all combination. Please help me, because I don't have any new idea.
GFX 760 is fully recognized by system.
PS. Sorry for my bad english.

jan36,
Did you do a "fresh install" of Mavericks or did you "upgrade" from Lion to Mavericks by installing Mavericks on your Lion installation?

If you installed Mavericks over Lion, there might be a "left over" driver/kext that is causing your problem. Normally, folks updated from Lion to Mountain Lion to Mavericks. However, I remember on post a while ago that did the update to Mavericks from Lion, and he eventually found an older version of HDA or another kext that didn't get replace by MultiBeast for Mavericks (because it assumes an update from Mountain Lion). I'll try to find that post, but I may not be able to find it in the thousands of posts. If I find it, I'll report back.

Thank you for the quick reply.
Yes, I did the installation of Mavericks on the Lion (excluding ML), but I tried to remove the "old" kexts.
I attach screenshots of the extension (just loaded) and info about Mac and graphics

But it may be a better alternative. Mavericks do not need to work. Just 10.7.5. - I do not need newer system - whether it is possible to replace the HD 6850 on the GFX 760?
If so, what modifications to my current setup I can do? (Z68X-UD3H-B3, i5-2500K, HD 6850, WD SATA 1TB, apple USB keyboard and USB mouse). The current Boot.plist (10.7.5 system) include:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1440x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Attachments

• about_Mac.jpg
    about_Mac.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 116
  • GeForce GTX 760.jpg
    GeForce GTX 760.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 132
  • Extensions_1.jpg
    Extensions_1.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Extensions_2.jpg
    Extensions_2.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Extensions_3.jpg
    Extensions_3.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 120
Thank you for the quick reply.
Yes, I did the installation of Mavericks on the Lion (excluding ML), but I tried to remove the "old" kexts.
I attach screenshots of the extension (just loaded) and info about Mac and graphics

But it may be a better alternative. Mavericks do not need to work. Just 10.7.5. - I do not need newer system - whether it is possible to replace the HD 6850 on the GFX 760?
If so, what modifications to my current setup I can do? (Z68X-UD3H-B3, i5-2500K, HD 6850, WD SATA 1TB, apple USB keyboard and USB mouse)...
The GTX 760 is only supported in Mavericks. So, if you want to continue using Lion, you'll need to stick with the 6850. Your Mavericks /Extra/org...plist should have GraphicsEnabler=No as the 6850 is now natively supported in Mavericks. (I'm not with this system at the moment, but I'll look at my Son-of-Zorro system at the end of this week.

However, you could backup your 10.7.5 installation. Make a fresh install on your main disk. Then, use Migration Assistant as part of the fresh installation to bring your User folder and Applications from the Lion backup disk. If you use Migration Assistant, don't check the box for "Other Files" (IIRC).

Good Luck.

Hi I have Lenovo G580 20157 (2.49 GHz Intel Core i5, Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB, 4 GB RAM). Currently I'm using OS X 10.8.5 and I want upgrade to OSX Mavericks. I already download Mavericks from app store, can I install it by following above guide?

Hi I have Lenovo G580 20157 (2.49 GHz Intel Core i5, Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB, 4 GB RAM). Currently I'm using OS X 10.8.5 and I want upgrade to OSX Mavericks. I already download Mavericks from app store, can I install it by following above guide?
No, my guide will not work for a laptop. You must look in the Forum's Laptop forum sections. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptops/

I have not been able to wake up from sleep properly with my Bluetooth keyboard/mouse. However, I have woke up the system properly with my Logitech 750 Mac keyboard using the Logitech Unifying Receiver by tapping the Spacebar several times. I recommend you use a USB keyboard and/or mouse for the wake-up. I also have my BT and Logitech Unifying Receiver plugged into my monitor's USB hub; so, if you can't get the USB keyboard or mouse to wake-up the system probably, try connecting a powered USB hub to the back panel. Lastly, I've read that quickly pushing the Power button will also wake-up the system.

No, this is for the i5/i7 "K" processors only as documented in the MultiBeast Features document which comes with the MultiBeast zip file or at multibeast.com.

Update: I was incorrect in my above statement...a SSDT is for all Sandy Bridge i5 & i7 processors.

Thanks for the great guide Stork, I took your comments to heart in a previous post and went back to the F12 Award bios as UEFI was causing too many small issues. As of right now I've been up and running for 3 days without a single lockup. I also, as you suggested, manually set my RAM timing in BIOS and am back at 1600mhz.

What I'm curious about now is, and it's not that I don't believe you, is to choose the "i7" option because I have the "K" series i5 i2500. I've never read anywhere that I should choose this option and I can't find it documented anywhere in the Multibeast readme or anywhere on Multibeast.com.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back