Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Mavericks on Two Z68X-UD3H Systems - One Using HD3000 / One Using 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide for Installing on Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

To wake-up from sleep, I've had to "tap" the power button on the case; otherwise, it doesn't wake up correctly. The "tap" wakes Zorro up w/o complaints. :D

Stork, besides the different processor, you are running a similar config as I. I notice in the instructions you indicate, reboot using KernelCache=No? Are you still doing that on every boot?

Also, I had no luck seeing my audio panel using the realteck driver with DSDT. Is that working for you?

how it worked for me...

With Multibeast (DSDT) alone I did not even reach the login screen when following this guide

Restarted with -x into safe mode
Used Chameleon Wizzard to change to chameleon 2266
added force64, HPET, Ethernet Built In, P-And C-States, USB BUS Fix, and ATI Pithecia
(maybe too much, but never touch and change a running system)

FileNVRAM-1.1.3 solved the iMessage issue - while iCloud and iTunes were working right from the beginning, I had to use the addition of device properties generated with EFI Studio for ethernet to finally get APP Store to work as well.

The still missing sound card was enabled with changing to Non DSDT audio via Multibeast.

Reads easy but took me hours of try and research here in this great forum

Cheers,
Breiti

Stork, besides the different processor, you are running a similar config as I. I notice in the instructions you indicate, reboot using KernelCache=No? Are you still doing that on every boot?
No, just because I installed over Mountain Lion, I wanted to eliminate any possible conflict.

Also, I had no luck seeing my audio panel using the realteck driver with DSDT. Is that working for you?
Yes. Works like a charm. Now, it's possible that you either didn't load the correct ALC or you need to open up both the Sound System Preference pane and Audio MIDI Setup (in the Utilities folder) and align you sound output.

BTW, See page 3 of the MultiBeast Guide located at http://multibeast.com/ for the Default loads for UserDSDT, DSDT Free or EasyBeast. The new on-line document is a good read and replaces the Features document that use to come with MultiBeast 5.5.3 and earlier. :thumbup:

Unibeast 3.0 has been replaced 3.0.1 which crashes every time I've tried it.

Hope you reported it in the UniBeast forum section. See the two stickies in the UniBeast forum section for reporting problems and trouble shooting.

BTW, have you tried re-downloading UB 3.01 and using it to create an updated stick? The download might have been corrupted in some way. Or it can be your USB Thumb drive giving you a problem. I recommend trying to recreate the thumb drive again with a newly download version of UB 3.01. :thumbup:

About the sleep and imessage issues discussed earlier...

I'm UEFI bios version, so i'm DSDT free. I'm also using the Mac Mini (5,1).

Mountain lion sleep was fantastic, took seconds to go to sleep and was sorted, Mavericks sleep works, but it takes quite a while for it to actually go to sleep though, even with the sleepimage file removed option. Works fine waking up, about as fast as ML was.

As far as iMessage issues go, I made sure a random Mac Mini smbios was generated using chameleon wizard. Then did the filenvram thing, which didnt work until I booted using "UseKernelCache=No". Only once. Has worked wonderfully since then, so I hope this of any help to anyone.

I had my fresh install working fine all yesterday with the OP guide and the iMessage fix. Now I'm getting kernel panic at boot for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Any suggestions?

I had my fresh install working fine all yesterday with the OP guide and the iMessage fix. Now I'm getting kernel panic at boot for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Any suggestions?

Is your CPU is overclocked?

Is your CPU is overclocked?

No, it's not. I tried using NullCPUPowerManagement based on pre-10.9 Google results, but that didn't help. It looks like I can get a fresh install working again, but using Migration Assistant with my time machine backup will cause the install to no longer boot.

Panic screen:
http://imgur.com/xsXv6Uv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back