Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Mavericks on Two Z68X-UD3H Systems - One Using HD3000 / One Using 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide for Installing on Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Well Stork, your write up mainly worked for me with H67M-D2-B3, i5 2500k, 640 GPU, which was great, the only thing that hasn't worked having tried all the downloads is network, I don't suppose you can tell me if there's anything I can try. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for this.

System is running fine, i Message included.

This are the steps I followed.
-Downloaded Maverick
-Made a Unibeast USB (had some problems first, installation failed. Until I found out that my 4gb stick was to not big enough)
-Restarted using my Unibeast USB.
-Installed Maverick
-When finish restarted again with Unibeast USB, but this time I choose my new Maverick installation.
-Run Mutlibeast with given options on this topic.(only I do not use a users DSDT)
-When finished, did a restart, but this time WITHOUT using Unibeast.
And there it was, my new Maverick installation up and running.

Only had to follow next tip:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general/107725-chimera-2-2-filenvram-1-1-2-still-no-imessage.html

to get i message to work.

Very simple.:D:D

There is still only one thing I still can use.

My system is also running Windows 8.1. At this moment when I want to start OSX I need to press F12 while booting to select the right HDD.
This seems to be a problem with UEFI.

Wonder if there is a way to be able to see my both drives at the beginning without having to press F12

Followed the instructions on that link too (deleted the files and added fileNVRAM ) and now iMessenger works for me too.

Thanks.

Your welcome :thumbup:

Didn't have to remove the GenericUSB kext like we did for 10.8.5 (which had lots of surprises in it). However, even though I installed the latest GenericUSB kext, I don't have any USB 3 peripheral for Zorro. I have plenty of eSATA and Firewire external peripheral, though. However, reports from several of my fellow Moderators, who also have this motherboard, say USB 3 is working fine.

Yes, I've been doing upgrades over an existing system since the 10.0 Beta system came out, and I installed the 10.0 release. I have a lot of applications I do not want to reinstall, not to mention all the preference files for those applications. Yes, I could have done a fresh install and used Migration Assistant to load my applications, etc., from my 10.8.5 backup. But, that's an extra, unnecessary step (in my case) that takes time.

Great news! I have a lot of apps from various sources and I am very unorganized (not to mention between Steam, Origin, WoW and Diablo I would have to download 100+GB) so I prefer the upgrade method myself. Glad to hear USB3 is working and presumably a bit more stable than I am running it now. I will definitely be making the jump over the weekend. Glad to hear about firewire as well. I have been looking at some audio interfaces for a while but didn't want to spend the cash in case firewire was messed up.

Thanks again!

Hi Stork,

I did a scratch install on a spare drive using your instructions.
All went smooth and the only issue I found was the Messages app not loging into imessage however
this is fixed with the FileNVRAM.dylib in /extra/modules. ( "nvram -p" shows some more output after installing)

Also I had problems loging into the itunes store with my apple-id not sure if that was a temporary Apple Server Side issue or if this
was also fixed by the FileNVRAM.dylib.

My config :
BOARD : GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (legacy firmware F12)
CPU : I5 2500K
GRAPHICS : HD3000 (using HDMI)
RAM : 4x4 Corsair Vengeance XMP

Thanks, keep up the good work!

Did the same thing. Ran into trouble. When I migrated back, I had the same issues with multibeast all over again. CCC is a great tool, tho.

Also, updated my sig. thanks dirtwegy

Me too after I migrated I had trouble installing LittleSnitch 3 due to apparently the same issues I was having with MultiBeast on the upgrade. As it turns out there were a few HWMonitor plugin kexts that I had to get rid of to fix the problem. I just kept trying to install LSnitch and its log would show the one at fault on the boot cache rebuild, remove it rinse and repeat.

would be interested in knowing too. iMessage doesn't seem to work.

I couldn't get iMessages working until I changed SMproductname in smbios.plist to MacPro5,1. Before rebooting you will need to remove /s/l/e/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext or you will get kernel panics upon reboot and will need to use an alternate boot method to remove the kext.

Curious to know, since we're all running the same mother board (but different video), if anyone else is having the issue with a black screen up wake from sleep. It's, perhaps, the only thing that's keeping this install from being 100%.

I've tried everything from darkwake=10 to UseKernelCache=No and I'm still having the issue. Anyone else?

To wake-up from sleep, I've had to "tap" the power button on the case; otherwise, it doesn't wake up correctly. The "tap" wakes Zorro up w/o complaints. :D

BTW, I, too, don't have iMessages working. I'm using FileNVRAM 1.1.2. It's not a big deal for me since I carry my iPhone with me. But, I don't know what to do next. Stay tune for film at 11 (as the local TV stations' promo's say).

Additionally, using the standard MacPro3,1, EddyMac & I could not get our LG DVD players to run a movie using Apple's DVD Player; VLC would play the movie however. Then, I remembered that that I've been using the MacMini5,1 SysDef (for Sandy Bridge), so I reran MultiBeast just selecting the MacMini5,1 SysDef and rebooted. Now, DVD Player works, but no luck with iMessages, yet.

I can't seem to get to my Mavericks install without the Unibeast USB. I tried making OS X my default boot disk. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back