Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Mavericks on Two Z68X-UD3H Systems - One Using HD3000 / One Using 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide for Installing on Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

everythings fine! but maps doesn't work.

Same board, same processor, different video card. Maps work, but iMessages (which I just discovered) does not. Perhaps this is an issue with non hackintoshes? This has been out only 2 days.

Does mavericks only take on board graphics, you've got hd3000.

Does mavericks only take on board graphics, you've got hd3000.

No, you can use a graphics card if you wish.

Tried to no avail to use this guide on my very similar setup, 10.9 would install but then MultiBeast would allways say install failed when installing anything. Thankfully I used CCC to make a backup before hand and I then reformatted the SSD and did a clean install and it worked like a charm. Using Migration Asst now to move stuff over from my backup.

Tried to no avail to use this guide on my very similar setup, 10.9 would install but then MultiBeast would allways say install failed when installing anything. Thankfully I used CCC to make a backup before hand and I then reformatted the SSD and did a clean install and it worked like a charm. Using Migration Asst now to move stuff over from my backup.

Did the same thing. Ran into trouble. When I migrated back, I had the same issues with multibeast all over again. CCC is a great tool, tho.

Also, updated my sig. thanks dirtwegy

Thanks for the thread Stork!

I am curious what luck you are having with USB 3? Did you have to manually remove another USB3 kext to get it functioning? I know these boards have always been finnicky with the USB 3 - I have an External Seagate Drive that will a) disconnect @ random and/or cause my keyboard to stop functioning while it is plugged in. I installed a Rosewill USB 3 card reader to the internal header and I have never had an issue with that - the problem with both seagate drives seems to happen even when they are attached to a USB 2.0 port so maybe the problem is with those drives.

Enough of a rabbit trail - is USB 3 functioning for you the same way it did under ML?

I also read your post as though you did an upgrade rather than a clean install for this, is that correct?

Thanks again

Thanks for the thread Stork!

I am curious what luck you are having with USB 3? Did you have to manually remove another USB3 kext to get it functioning? I know these boards have always been finnicky with the USB 3 - I have an External Seagate Drive that will a) disconnect @ random and/or cause my keyboard to stop functioning while it is plugged in. I installed a Rosewill USB 3 card reader to the internal header and I have never had an issue with that - the problem with both seagate drives seems to happen even when they are attached to a USB 2.0 port so maybe the problem is with those drives.

Enough of a rabbit trail - is USB 3 functioning for you the same way it did under ML?

I also read your post as though you did an upgrade rather than a clean install for this, is that correct?

Thanks again
Didn't have to remove the GenericUSB kext like we did for 10.8.5 (which had lots of surprises in it). However, even though I installed the latest GenericUSB kext, I don't have any USB 3 peripheral for Zorro. I have plenty of eSATA and Firewire external peripheral, though. However, reports from several of my fellow Moderators, who also have this motherboard, say USB 3 is working fine.

Yes, I've been doing upgrades over an existing system since the 10.0 Beta system came out, and I installed the 10.0 release. I have a lot of applications I do not want to reinstall, not to mention all the preference files for those applications. Yes, I could have done a fresh install and used Migration Assistant to load my applications, etc., from my 10.8.5 backup. But, that's an extra, unnecessary step (in my case) that takes time.

Thank you,

this helped me upgrade from ML. iMessages doesn't work as stated, but still good.

Thanks for this.

System is running fine, i Message included.

This are the steps I followed.
-Downloaded Maverick
-Made a Unibeast USB (had some problems first, installation failed. Until I found out that my 4gb stick was to not big enough)
-Restarted using my Unibeast USB.
-Installed Maverick
-When finish restarted again with Unibeast USB, but this time I choose my new Maverick installation.
-Run Mutlibeast with given options on this topic.(only I do not use a users DSDT)
-When finished, did a restart, but this time WITHOUT using Unibeast.
And there it was, my new Maverick installation up and running.

Only had to follow next tip:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general/107725-chimera-2-2-filenvram-1-1-2-still-no-imessage.html

to get i message to work.

Very simple.:D:D

There is still only one thing I still can use.

My system is also running Windows 8.1. At this moment when I want to start OSX I need to press F12 while booting to select the right HDD.
This seems to be a problem with UEFI.

Wonder if there is a way to be able to see my both drives at the beginning without having to press F12

Thanks for this.

Wonder if there is a way to be able to see my both drives at the beginning without having to press F12

I'm using UEFI, and judging by your question you have windows and osx installed on two different hard drives?

If both installs share the same hard rive (different partitions), then you will be able to select one of them without needing to press f12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back