Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Mavericks on Two Z68X-UD3H Systems - One Using HD3000 / One Using 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
HP 17" 17-by3053cl
CPU
i5-1035G1
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The following procedure works on both of my Z68X-UD3H systems - Zorro using HD3000 & Son of Zorro using an AMD/ATI 6850 graphics card. :thumbup:

I've updated to Mavericks, and it was soooo easy using the latest UniBeast and MultiBeast for Mavericks. So, if you want to update, here's how to do it.

70336d1382299141t-mb1.png.html

I'll go into more detail in my build description soon showing an upgrade and a fresh install. For now, I'm installing Mavericks on top of my production Mountain Lion 10.8.5 build (after backup it up, of course). Here's my procedure.
:ch: Download the latest version of UniBeast and MultiBeast for Mavericks;
:ch: If you're not currently using a DSDT, download the DSDT for your BIOS version from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database;
:ch: Log into the Apple MAS and download Mavericks;
:ch: Prepare the UniBeast USB thumb drive using (of course) UniBeast, but don't run it yet;
:ch: Put MultiBeast for Mavericks and your DSDT on your UniBeast USB thumb drive;
:ch: Now, repair Permissions on your current OS X drive using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current system with Time Machine or Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper; :thumbup:
:ch: Insert the UniBeast USB thumb drive and reboot;
:ch: Modify your BIOS to change the boot order and first boot device to the UniBeast USB thumb drive;
:ch: Save the BIOS changes and reboot;
:ch: Upon booting into the Chimera OS Section screen, chose the USB thumb drive and install Mavericks;
:ch: When the installation has complete, Mavericks will automatically reboot;
:ch: Upon booting into the Chimera OS Section screen, chose your Mavericks installation;
:ch: Copy MultiBeast from the UniBeast USB thumb drive onto the desktop;
:ch: If you're not yet using a DSDT, copy the DSDT from the UniBeast USB thumb drive onto the desktop and rename it to DSDT.aml;
:ch: Before running MultiBeast for Mavericks, open the Security & Privacy Preference Pane in System Preferences, which is located in your Dock, and:
72633-security-pane-1.png
:ch: In the lower left corner, click on the padlock and type in your Admin username & password;
72634-security-pane-2.png
:ch: Click on the General tab if it isn't already highlighted;
:ch: Click on the "Anywhere" radio button under "Allow applications and downloaded from:" and
:ch: Close the System Preferences window.​
:ch: Run the MultiBeast for Mavericks and do a complete configuration load as I did below (Note that I have not listed the MultiBeast 6 defaults, just the choices I made for Zorro's configuration):
Quick Start > UserDSDT - /Users/Stork/Desktop/DSDT.aml <--- loads the defaults
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT > ALC889
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432
Drivers > Network > Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
Customize > SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i7​
70619-mb-6-1.png

104798-soz-mb642-quick-start.png
Note: See page 3 of the MultiBeast Guide located at http://multibeast.com/ for the Default loads for UserDSDT, DSDT Free or EasyBeast. The new on-line document is a good read. :thumbup: OR use the MultiBeast Help menu choice for the same information.
Audio
104815-soz-mb642-drivers-audio.png

Disk
104819-soz-mb642-drivers-disk.png

Misc
104818-soz-mb642-drivers-misc.png

Network
104820-soz-mb642-drivers-netowrk.png

SSDT
104821-soz-mb642-customize-ssdt.png

104797-soz-mb642-build.png

70628-mb-6-10.png

:ch: Save your configuration (new capability with MultiBeast for Mavericks) for use with later OS X updates; :thumbup:
:ch: Click the Install button;
:ch: Reboot in the BIOS and reassign your drives to boot the Mavericks drive and save;
:ch: At the Chimera boot screen, hit the keyboard's Spacebar to stop the auto load;
:ch: Tap the Spacebar again to open the load options window, input "UseKernelCache=No" and hit Return to load Marvericks; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.*

And we're now Surfing at the Mavericks. :thumbup:

Update: My Zorro build description has now been updated to reflect the Mavericks installation with MultiBeast For Mavericks configuration screen snapshots. I've also attached my MultiBeast configuration file for those of you that have the same configuration.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Attachments

• Son of Zorro MB642.mb
    5.7 KB · Views: 366
Last edited by a moderator:
Guide for Installing on Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD300

how did you get iMessages working?

would be interested in knowing too. iMessage doesn't seem to work.

Have you tried the steps

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general/107725-chimera-2-2-filenvram-1-1-2-still-no-imessage.html

EDIT: I haven't tested very much, but I'm able to send imessages, but not receive them or see incoming notifications of them, too tired to troubleshoot further, might be an issue with the imessage receive settings

I've done a clean install with UEFI with some of these steps, maybe will write a guide later!

:ch: Upon booting into the Chimera OS Section screen, chose the USB thumb drive and install Mavericks;
:ch: When the installation has complete, Mavericks will automatically reboot;
:ch: Upon booting into the Chimera OS Section screen, chose the your Mavericks installation;
:ch: Run the MultiBeast for Mavericks and do a complete configuration

I couldn't do the MuiltBeast step. When am I supposed to do that?

I did what you did but when I got back to the Chimera OS screen there was no "Mavericks Installation" option.....I could only choose my "fusion" drive where Mavericks was installed. When I do that I get a kernel panic....and my machine won't go past that point.

I thought I could use MultBeast before the install of Mavericks was complete. Seems as though the Multibeast step is after you have a fully bootable drive running Mavericks. Is that the case?

Totally stuck.

Any suggestions?

I couldn't do the MuiltBeast step. When am I supposed to do that?

I did what you did but when I got back to the Chimera OS screen there was no "Mavericks Installation" option.....I could only choose my "fusion" drive where Mavericks was installed. When I do that I get a kernel panic....and my machine won't go past that point.

I thought I could use MultBeast before the install of Mavericks was complete. Seems as though the Multibeast step is after you have a fully bootable drive running Mavericks. Is that the case?

Totally stuck.

Any suggestions?

MultiBeast is a POST-INSTALLATION UTILITY, meaning you run it AFTER you have installed Mavericks.

So, after you've done the install and Mavericks causes a reboot, your machine will boot from the Unibeast stick (because you told it to in an earlier step). Then, when you get to the Chimera screen, you choose the drive where you've installed Mavericks, and when it gets to the desktop, THEN you run MultiBeast. Hope that helps.

everythings fine! but maps doesn't work.

Guide for Installing on Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

how did you get iMessages working?
No, not yet. But, I don't use iMessages on Zorro. However, I'll try to get working and update the OP.

HD3000 don't work :(

Main: GA-Z68M-D2H-F5
Chip: i5 2500k

Do you have any suggestions?

Thx

HD3000 don't work :(

Main: GA-Z68M-D2H-F5
Chip: i5 2500k

Do you have any suggestions?

Thx
Hmmmm. You know what TMI means? Well, you post is TLI. Unfortunately, as I tell my wife, I'm not telepathic.
  • Is this a fresh install? Or are you installing over Mountain Lion?
  • Did you use both UniBeast 3 and MultiBeast 6 as in my original post?
  • Is your BIOS F12 and are you using the DSDT from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database (Downloads menu at top of the page)?
Seriously, describe what you started wtih, and provide the steps you took to get to your present state. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back